PDA

View Full Version : Closed a1200 1d4 motherboard

r0jaws
9th January 2010, 21:50
I'm after a 1200 1d4 motherboard (preferably) for an interesting collection of hacks.
Zetro and I are looking to perform some jiggery pokery that will push my 1200 project that little bit further.
Naturally there will be a fully documented collection of hardware pron in my PPC thread once we get going.
Has anyone got anything suitable? I have beer tokens on standby for the right piece of kit.
I Just need the motherboard, nothing else at all.

Justin
9th January 2010, 22:46
i may be able to help you m8, if Keith can help me with the A4000 plans, talk to Zetr0 and we'll see what we can sort;)

r0jaws
9th January 2010, 22:51
He did mention them last night as it happens buddy, I'm sure we can come to an arrangement. :D

Justin
9th January 2010, 22:52
it so happens that my Ferrari 1200 has the mobo you need, but i don't really want to be miggyless in between miggies :D

r0jaws
9th January 2010, 23:01
No problem chap, I wouldn't want you pulling apart your fave machine!
I may end up being fairly brutal and destroying a perfectly innocent board, so a spare is preferable.
We aren't in any rush, Keith is a busy man and I'm loathe to even attempt some of the ideas without his guidance. Lets be honest here, without him doing it is what I really mean ;).
I do mean to wield my soldering stick in anger, I just don't want to melt my own face whilst doing it and probably not at the more complex jobs.

He's had a pretty ambitious idea, and I am donating the parts to see if it's possible, but it will be a little unique and certainly a solution that I have never seen (or heard of being tried) before.

davideo
9th January 2010, 23:29
@r0jaws

I've got a dead board - no idea what's wrong with it - if it's a 1d4 are you interested?

Dave G :cool:

Zetr0
10th January 2010, 01:17
In fact it can be any A1200 board - revision doesnt matter as the *ahem the planned experiments are reversible

the board just needs to fire-up, also theres no need for roms on board either =)

r0jaws
10th January 2010, 01:44
Thanks for the offer Dave, but we do need a working board. As Z correctly states the revision isn't vital, but it would be nice.

Justin
10th January 2010, 10:30
in that case i do have a spare 2b just lying around here if thats any good?

davideo
10th January 2010, 12:42
Thanks for the offer Dave, but we do need a working board. As Z correctly states the revision isn't vital, but it would be nice.

No problems mate.

Dave G :cool:

TheCorfiot
10th January 2010, 14:03

Juzzer my Man,

If r0jaws can't use the 2B board, I would certainly be interested if it's going spare as my 040 equipped 1d4 is starting to fail...

Cheers
TC :)

Justin
10th January 2010, 14:17

Juzzer my Man,

If r0jaws can't use the 2B board, I would certainly be interested if it's going spare as my 040 equipped 1d4 is starting to fail...

Cheers

actuallt TC, i may need your help with a A4000 mobo, so we could all benefit here :D

TheCorfiot
10th January 2010, 15:03
Justin,

Tell me how I can help my friend..

r0jaws
10th January 2010, 16:07
I see what you mean, a kind of round robin exchange.
TC, I'm happy for you to have Justin's board if it keeps you going.
What's wrong with your board?

TheCorfiot
10th January 2010, 16:18
@r0jaws

It's got a few faults on it, The caps need replacing as there is terrible Screen distortion and the PAL Encoder died a good few years ago, I've been using it with a DCE Scandoubler as the RGB port output is atrocious, tbh I should really repair it as from a stability point of view it's never crashed once with the Apollo 1240...

Actually the Stability reason has made my mind up to fix the bugger, I would use Justin's 2B whilst I repair the board, I don't want to permanently swap out the Mobo as it is the original A1200 I bought in 1992 and it's all original.

Justin
10th January 2010, 17:15
yes, this could work, TC could possibly repair the mobo Kieth has, and have the 2b board then Phil can have the 1d4 board for his project and everyone wins, just need Kieth to let me know whats up with the mobo or just to send it straight to TC, sweeeeet! :)

r0jaws
10th January 2010, 20:52
Thanks for the offer Justin, but as I read it, TC would like to borrow your 2B until he fixes his motherboard.
If it helps out with getting your 4000 fixed up as well, that's all good.

Justin
10th January 2010, 20:56
yes m8, 2b for TC and 1d4 for you :thumbsup:

r0jaws
10th January 2010, 21:13
I think TC wants to keep his 1d4 so he can fix it, but borrow your 2b whilst he does that.

I've got no problem with that as long as you are Ok with it.

Justin
10th January 2010, 21:26
no m8, my 1d4 to you and my 2b to tc, i have 2 boards you see :D

r0jaws
10th January 2010, 21:44
And the Dawn of realisation breaks through the dense fog of confusion! :p

That would be Jawsome dude, thanks muchly. :D

Zetr0
10th January 2010, 21:57
@TC

I have a working video encoder for the A1200 mobo if you want it, its come from a non-booting (dead) 1d4 or 1d1 I believe

TheCorfiot
10th January 2010, 23:14
@Juzzer

That is most kind of you my friend, let me know how I can help with the A4000, If you prefer I can send you my phone number via PM if you want to talk about it.............But NO Heavy Breathing :p

@Zeets

I've got to get together a list of Caps too my friend, I'm pretty sure it's the CXA chip as the RF mod & Composhite outputs are totally duff, the RGB port is correct but quite dark & lots of power related interference...
Need to catch up with you soon my friend,

Speak Soon

TC :D