Blogger
Rating - 100%
254   0   0
Country
England
Region
Merseyside
looking for a PCI graphics card,

This is to go in a P4-3ghz HT system so it needs to be a lot better than the current Intel GMA 82865G

as an example the 82865g scores 6
Radeon 7000 (if there is a PCI version) scores 43
GeForce MX440 scores 135

Thanks for looking.

looking for a PCI graphics card,

This is to go in a P4-3ghz HT system so it needs to be a lot better than the current Intel GMA 82865G

as an example the 82865g scores 6
Radeon 7000 (if there is a PCI version) scores 43
GeForce MX440 scores 135

Thanks for looking.

I've recently been in this kinda situation, trying to get a PCI GFX Card running under Windows 7 Ultimate, on my Atom D510 board, and have given up.

Driver support for the 2 cards I have tried ended pre-vista. I have tried the Radeon 9200 and nVidia FX5200, both a very-near-latest-pci-model I could find.

Some people report the FX5200 will work with a beta release Vista driver, but when I tried it my machine just froze on boot-up. I figured this may be because the built in Intel GMA3150 cannot be disabled.

If you do manage to find a card, or drivers that work, it'd be good if you could report here!

I have since done a bit more research, and have found that you can get an nVidia 8400 PCI version. A BIN on eBay: [Clicky] it's out of my price league (cost more than the Motherboard!), but this should serve you well.

Update: I may be able to get my hands on a 5200FX with DVI output. I'll let you know if I can get it.

Last edited:
Okay, here, on my desk is a Gainward FX5200 128mb PCI Graphics Card.
It has VGA and DVI Outputs, along with S-Video. 128mb of ram installed. It's fanless so should suit an HTPC setup.

The drivers for XP are available on the net for easy download. I've just grabbed them so can pass you a link to download them. I don't think there is an easy link from nVidia's site.

I have just given it a quick test in an XP machine here, and it works great.

Asking price? £6 (via paypal gift) including postage & packing.

Attachments

• gw2.jpg
    gw2.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 0
  • gw-1.jpg
    gw-1.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 0
Okay, here, on my desk is a Gainward FX5200 128mb PCI Graphics Card.
It has VGA and DVI Outputs, along with S-Video. 128mb of ram installed. It's fanless so should suit an HTPC setup.

The drivers for XP are available on the net for easy download. I've just grabbed them so can pass you a link to download them. I don't think there is an easy link from nVidia's site.

I have just given it a quick test in an XP machine here, and it works great.

Asking price? £6 (via paypal gift) including postage & packing.

I'll take it. anything is better than intel GMA

pm paypal etc.

Arrived today thanks, feedback left

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom