PDA

View Full Version : Closed Help with A4000 stuff

Justin
11th January 2010, 13:26
Hi all,
I'm afraid I need some help, I need for as little as possible an A4000 CPU card plus a keyboard and mouse.
But I must confess funds are tight, so any help would be greatly appreciated

cheers, JuvUK

davideo
11th January 2010, 16:10
Juvvie

Kins got a 4000 keyboard with piccies on here http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=3840 .

Also any standard miggy mouse should work.

Dave G :cool:

Justin
11th January 2010, 16:17
thanks for the heads up Dave, so thats maybe the keyboard and mouse sorted, i just need a CPU card and hopefully i'll be in business!

Oh i may need some 3.1 roms as well

cheers, JuvUK

Kin Hell
11th January 2010, 17:08
It's an American Layout Juzzer & it's a bit grubby with dis-colouration.

Kin

Justin
11th January 2010, 17:56
not seeing a problem with any of those points m8y :)

davideo
11th January 2010, 18:23
It's an American Layout Juzzer & it's a bit grubby with dis-colouration.

Kin

That should help with the price :rofl3

I've got a 3640 that was :censored: up before I got it by the previous owner desoldering the caps and taking nearly all the solder pads off :mad:

I was going to have a go at repairing it when I find the time :nuts:

Yours if you want it Juvvie :thumbsup:

Justin
11th January 2010, 18:33
yes please dude!!! how much do you want for it chap?

TheCorfiot
11th January 2010, 18:51
@JuvUK

If you get this board, I'll fix up the Cap problems for you as I did for scrappysphinx's board by using alternative pad points for the capacitors.. Won't be SMD though..

TC ;)

Justin
11th January 2010, 19:00
thankyou all so much guys! you really are helping me out loads here! :thumbsup:

davideo
11th January 2010, 19:29
thankyou all so much guys! you really are helping me out loads here! :thumbsup:

Postage only mate - by the time I repaired it - it would cost me more in time than what I could sell it for. I've got another spare for myself :D

Version 3.0 - see piccy attached.

If TC is in agreement - I could post direct to him :thumbsup:

Justin
11th January 2010, 19:55
that's perfect by me bud, how much do you want for postage me old fruit? :thumbsup:

---------- Post added at 19:55 ---------- Previous post was at 19:32 ----------

ok now all i think i need to find is some 3.1 a4000 roms, anyone? :)

davideo
11th January 2010, 20:44
that's perfect by me bud, how much do you want for postage me old fruit? :thumbsup:

I'll get it parcelled up and sent out Wednesday night - postage at cost :thumbsup:

TC can you let me have your addy by PM if all the above is ok with you?

TheCorfiot
11th January 2010, 22:59
Cool with me Guys

As promised I'll sort out the Caps for the mighty Juzzer...

Apart from the Caps is the board known to be working Dave ?

PM sent with Addy

TC :)

davideo
12th January 2010, 00:36
@TC

To be honest I've no idea. The board arrived in its present state with me just cleaning off some of the c**p that was left on the board from its desolder caps murder!!!

I was told it had been working prior to that but haven't got round to fixing it to test it :oops:

Kin Hell
12th January 2010, 02:54
I'll try & get a box sorted for the American KB m8 & get back to you asap with a postage quote. Bloody heavy things though. :nod:

Kin

Justin
12th January 2010, 08:42

I'll get it parcelled up and sent out Wednesday night - postage at cost :thumbsup:

TC can you let me have your addy by PM if all the above is ok with you?

thankyou Dave, that's really kind of you and i am touched. let me know how much i owe you OK?

@Kin,
i shall await your pricing dooooode.

cheers, JuvUK

davideo
13th January 2010, 22:31
@TC and Juvvie

The card was posted out tonight and should be with you by the weekend :thumbsup:

Justin
13th January 2010, 22:35
you're too kind Dave, but you still haven't told me what i owe you bud.

any news on the keyboard Kinny-poos?

cheers, JuvUK

TheCorfiot
13th January 2010, 22:36
Cheers Dave

I'll let you both know when it arrives...

Best Wishes
TC :thumbsup:

davideo
13th January 2010, 22:38
you're too kind Dave, but you still haven't told me what i owe you bud.
cheers, JuvUK

PM with invoice on the way :D

You will need to cadge, beg, borrow, steal or nick some nylon spacers though as I haven't got any spare ones!!

@TC

Okely dokely

arnljot
13th January 2010, 23:44
You will need to cadge, beg, borrow, steal or nick some nylon spacers though as I haven't got any spare ones!!

If you'd just abriviated to "nylons" this would have been a perfect quote for the 2010 quote contest, where's your head at mate?? :-( :lol:

Kin Hell
14th January 2010, 03:59
<snip>

any news on the keyboard Kinny-poos?

cheers, JuvUK

No mate, sorry. I haven't even got round to sorting a suitable box yet & might have to make one.

I'll try & get it done for the weekend, but I can't promise. :|

Kin

Zetr0
14th January 2010, 04:58
No need to worry about the CPU card spacers as the board has 3 of them installed.

I think I know where a spare 4th one is, but I have already wrapped it all up so I will stick it in a jiffy bag with first post =D

Justin
14th January 2010, 09:27
ooo oooo oooo oooo, is it already to wing it's way? am i almost a A4000 owner? :arms

Kin Hell
14th January 2010, 17:03
Juz. I'm going to withdraw my offer of the US A4K Keyboard. It is not as healthy as I first thought & I have an A1200 Tower planned which means it will suffice until I can acquire a better one. I have three A1200 Accelerators here that need to be put to use.

Sorry to mess you around me old fruit. I just wasn't thinking far enough ahead. :(

HugZ,

Kin

Justin
14th January 2010, 18:10
ok m8y,
so i'm back on the hunt, does anyone have an A4000 keyboard?

cheers, JuvUK

actually can you close this thread please, and i'll start a new one for the keyboard

TheCorfiot
14th January 2010, 19:05
I'll close the thread & let you & Davideo know when the card arrives

TC :)

TheCorfiot
15th January 2010, 18:45
Just to Let JuvUK & Davideo know.

I collected the card from our local Royal Fail depot today...Wonderfully packed.

Initial observations do indeed show pads missing for the capacitors but I've had this issue before & will be finding alternative connection points using std caps not smd types...

Incidentally.............The Xtal is socketed..... If the card boots up we may be looking at a spot of overclocking here too Justin :D

TC :thumbsup: