What software or drivers required to recognise a cd rom drive?

RobA1200

Country
England
Region
watford
Hi all

I've two 1200s

One is my main one the other came with an old HD inside and a surf squirrel interface and pop up top cd drive. I want to use the cd drive on my main 1200. What files do i need to copy off the old 1200 onto mine to let me use the cd drive.

Right now when I plug the surf squirrel into the PCMCIA nothing pops up on the workbench screen.

Is it an easy fix to find the files, copy onto a floppy and put them into the right place?

Cheers!

Rob

Hi

Cheers for the pointers - when I plug my cf card into the PCMCIA slot on both of the two 1200s nothing happens - no icons come up.

Do I need to format the card on the amiga or pc?

Then is it just a matter of clicking on the files and they will load onto workbench?

Thanks again!

"Paging Dr. Fitzsteve to this thread..."

Hi,

You need to prep and format the CF card using something like HDTools and format it using the FAT file system, so that both the PC and Amiga will see it.

Copy the DMS disk image files to the CF card and you need to unDMS them on the Amiga, so that they create the floppy disks needed.

Fitzy should be along shortly to pick up on anything I may have missed or not got 100% correct.

I can put the Squirrel drivers on a floppy Disk and post it and I can put the CFD (compact flash device / fat95) drivers on another Disk.

Drop me a PM, it'll be £1 for each floppy + £1.30 postage as I am using my brand new stock of DD's (all old ones were binned or given away!)

Back
Top Bottom