Not open for further replies.

Chinners

Rating - 100%
189   0   0
Country
England
Region
North Yorkshire
Yep. Looking for a Slot A CPU. I've found a great looking mobo, but can't find a CPU for it.

Not sure about speed or anything else yet. It's going in a retro dos PC, so let me know what you have.

Socket A seems easy to come by, so an adapter is also a possibility.

Prefer UK to keep costs down.

:D

I have around 6 or 7 of those in different speeds. Just need to check tomorrow. Not in UK but postage is not that expensive...

I have around 6 or 7 of those in different speeds. Just need to check tomorrow. Not in UK but postage is not that expensive...

@sprcorreia:

I might be interested too (after chinners ofc). i have a slot A but it's damn noisy with these three little fans attached.:LOL:

@sprcorreia:

I might be interested too (after chinners ofc). i have a slot A but it's damn noisy with these three little fans attached.:LOL:

Sure, tomorrow i'll take a look into it.

@Chinners

When you say Slot A, what chipset are you running, as the AMD Thunderbird requires the AMD 7xx chipset.

I have many my friend, let me know what you want I am sure I can send you something in the 800 - 1000 MHz range - FOC =)

@Chinners

When you say Slot A, what chipset are you running, as the AMD Thunderbird requires the AMD 7xx chipset.

I have many my friend, let me know what you want I am sure I can send you something in the 800 - 1000 MHz range - FOC =)

Actually, I haven't got the board yet :) I am 99.999% certain the one I will be getting is built around the AMD-751 chipset. I'll slip a PM your way shortly.(y)

@Chinners

Not only AMD made chipsets for these processors. I have at least 2 VIA motherboards.

@Chinners

I had a look and found 7 processors. The slowest i have is a 500MHz. I have two 600MHz. Maybe you want one of these?

@sprcorreia and @BlindGerMan
Is it ok if I step back for a short while on these. I have a potential offer from the UK. Can I pass you over to ratfink to strike a deal whilst my other offer takes shape?

@ratfink
If you want to jump in and strike a deal, it's perfectly fine with me.

(throws cape over muddy puddle for mr ratfink)

Fed up of waiting for a reply.
Bought elsewhere.
Sorry to those who genuinely offered.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom