Ya' Like it Retr0?
Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
Hello my fellow AmiBayers

Recently I had some bad luck with my local post-office - this lead to some problems requiring me to have some more adapters built to cover the losses. I cannot thank those buyers enough for their patience.

This has left me with a few of these

Z80 Universal Z80 IDE adapter Rev 3.1e

I designed this last year, but I was not going to build any more, sadly because of the above I had no choice in the matter and had some made in February.

Fortunately I have had some compensation recently from Royal Mail on the matter as such I am able to put a couple of these aside as a prize for a Raffle on AmiBay - later in the year.

This new 3.1e adapter has micro jumpers to select the operation mode - much like the solder jumpers of the previous design but not so permanent.

The adapter supports an NMI header

This is a completely de-bounced port for a switch - this us supported by Pera's 48k / 128k PPROM, and allows the loading and saving of save states.

The Configuration of the adapter has two banks of jumpers

PO and E0 (click to enlarge)

P1 & 2, E1 and 2 (click to enlarge)

To select the configuration of the adapter you just swap the jumpers from E0, E1 and E2 to P0, P1 and P2 - very simple.

I am selling these as selectable kit which includes the following -

Code:
[B]£19.99 1x Z80 UIDE Adapter Rev 3.1e
£ 1.50 1x Molex Power Adapter
£ 4.00 1x Set of two W27E257 EEROM's *
£ 1.50 1x NMI button
£--.-- 1x 20 Page installation booklet
[/B]
*the w27E257 EEPROM's are freely programmed for what you require.

Postage within Europe is £4.00

I don't want to disappoint anyone but I should say that I only have a small number of these.

Is there a chance to grab one of those for my personal unspeakable peruse?

Need to withdraw interest - my toastrack does not have a socketed CPU/ROM. Thanks Zetr0 anyway!

Is there a chance to grab one of those for my personal unspeakable peruse?

Hit me up with a PM my friend =)

Need to withdraw interest - my toastrack does not have a socketed CPU/ROM. Thanks Zetr0 anyway!

Totally understandable, the Spectrum 128k (Toast Rack) is a special computer, even I would feel uncomfortable desoldering IC's and planting sockets - I still do it.... but it comes with risks and its wise to err on the side of caution.

Has someone tried to fit Zetro's adapter inside a 48k Rubber Key Spectrum or is it too slim ?
Thanks for help

Interest withdrawn because a friend sold me a DivIDE kit instead.

Renewing interest :D Just got hold of a toastrack with socketed CPU and ROM. PM on the way.

@ Bebek - Zetr0 has been extremely ill over the last few days hence the lack of contact. I am sure he will not only be apologetic but will also have the news you require on his return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom