PDA

View Full Version : Found Zorro II ram board

Photon
19th January 2010, 02:14
This is to put in the spare Zorro II slot of this (http://amiga.resource.cx/exp/trumpcard500)SCSI interface. Apparently IVS made one called Meta4, but any 2-8MB fastram board (f.ex for A2000) would work, I guess?

Ofc, it needs to fit inside, but I guess they're not that big anyway.

If none exist for sale, I could be persuaded to buy a GVP SCSI interface if it has 2-8MB fastram in it. But I thought it could be nice to give expanding my good ol' Trumpcard a go :)

rkauer
19th January 2010, 03:50
I have a Meta4 fully populated here with 60ns SIMMs. Will check the postage costs, but don't expect a miracle. Brazilian international delivering mail is an official robbery.

The card itself is your for no more than 15,00. But I think postage will kill the deal.

[EDIT] Postage will kill the deal: 27.45 / EUR31,30!:thumbsdown:

Only if you don't mind economical parcel (no tracking - no insurance): EUR14.48 / 13.04:|

Photon
19th January 2010, 20:33
48.60 Euro in all is ... bearable. But how much memory does it have onboard? Anyway, PM sent with intent to buy.

rkauer
19th January 2010, 23:15
4Mb (fully populated).

I'll locate a box and pack it to a long journey... Don't expect to it arrive soon, anyway...

Photon
20th January 2010, 07:04
Well, I guess 2 weeks for airmail? If it's not airmail but surface mail, then we need to find an airmail postage fee, because I'm not waiting 2-4 months!

rkauer
20th January 2010, 14:04
Checked the board again: fully working with 2 or 4Mb (selectable jumpers). Populated with 4x 1Mb 70ns SIMM. I was thinking it have 60ns units. I'm proved wrong. Not that it matters in terms of final speed, Amiga-wise. Zorro-II is the bottleneck, here.

The more expensive postage is air mail, of course. We don't have the surface mail option for international packages.

Even the less expensive is prioritary mail. It have receipt confirmation, but no tracking.

About my Paypal account: no, you can't have it. It is mine! Mine, did you see? Mine!:mad:

Oh, wait, you want just the address to make a deposit?:roll:

OK, PM sent.:)

rkauer
21st January 2010, 20:37
Here is the card in all its glory.

Notify me if you still wants it.:)

BTW: after this shot I installed a 470uF x16V on the little space near the Zorro connector. The board always worked fine, but I think if the space is there, why not use it to make the Amiga more reliable?

Photon
21st January 2010, 22:54
Looks good. PM me the total and I'll pay right away, cheers m8 :beer:

rkauer
26th January 2010, 01:36
Payment sent and board will be dispatched tomorrow morning, after the beer-fast* (personal breakfast). No, I'll not drive: missus will. She becomes happy when an Amiga gear leaves the house.

*I need the restorative to start the day in all this heat. 30C at night!:beer::pint:

rkauer
26th January 2010, 18:02
Package sent in an almost bullet-proof package.

I think it will reach you in one piece. More details sent by PM.

BTW: feedback left as Photon did his part.

Photon
26th January 2010, 21:51
Great, will feedback and post when the board arrives.

Actually, I can think of a few Swedes that would like some heat... it's -15C here. Maybe not 40C in the day or 30C at night tho... :blink:

rkauer
26th January 2010, 23:25
Find a 040 accelerator for your A500 and leave it with a fan over it.

Free environment heater.

Photon
27th January 2010, 14:52
I have a PPS-040 already. But, eh... it's not -15C inside...

And I don't plan on heating up my city by taking it outside in the snow :p

Photon
3rd February 2010, 18:54
Board was received on Monday, when I inserted it my Trumpcard died. Tried the memory board in another A500+ today, and it seems to work. Trumpcard is still dead as the Dodo, though.

Very strange occurence. But since I can't fault the memory board I've left positive feedback.

TheCorfiot
3rd February 2010, 18:56
Thread Closed
TC :)