PDA

View Full Version : Found A1000 Ram Expansions

Van Slanzar de Fanel
23rd January 2010, 22:41
So, in a fit of retro geekery, I've decided to bring my A1000 out of retirement. The only problem is that I only have 512k of RAM on the thing. This simply will not do. So I'm looking for any ram expansion units that either plug into the cpu socket, or use the side bus connector. I know this is rare stuff, but if someone out there is willing to part with something, make me an offer, please.

Thanks in Advance,
Chris

TjLaZer
24th January 2010, 00:45
So, in a fit of retro geekery, I've decided to bring my A1000 out of retirement. The only problem is that I only have 512k of RAM on the thing. This simply will not do. So I'm looking for any ram expansion units that either plug into the cpu socket, or use the side bus connector. I know this is rare stuff, but if someone out there is willing to part with something, make me an offer, please.

Thanks in Advance,
Chris

I know some will cringe with this, but your best bet is to look on eBay. I got mine that way. There were a few this past week, one ended at XXX with no bids... Good luck

Van Slanzar de Fanel
24th January 2010, 06:04
I've been going the eBay route before. I think I saw the item you're mentioning. I could kick myself now for not picking it up. Hasn't been relisted yet, either. Figured no harm in posting a request here.

AndyLandy
24th January 2010, 09:44
Hi Tj,

Just letting you know I've trimmed the price out of your post. Appreciate that you're trying to help, but we like to avoid discussing $$$ in the threads, it could be construed as price-driving.

Thanks!

rkauer
24th January 2010, 19:43
I can wave with a 1.5Mb "not-so-fast" RAM board. It is a Spirit insider.

I can't manage to make it work in my A1000, nor my 500 (the A500 is in a desktop, BTW).

Yours for what I paid it of: 8 + postage.

BTW: I never manage to make it work, but I'm sure the board it's functional for an A1000.

Van Slanzar de Fanel
24th January 2010, 22:01

I can't manage to make it work in my A1000, nor my 500 (the A500 is in a desktop, BTW).

BTW: I never manage to make it work, but I'm sure the board it's functional for an A1000.

Sending you a PM now.

rkauer
25th January 2010, 00:50
PM received. VSF is now waiting for shipment costs.

Van Slanzar de Fanel
26th January 2010, 17:46
Sent payment to rkauer.

rkauer
26th January 2010, 17:59
Too late for shipping today. Will send it tomorrow.:thumbsup:

rkauer
28th January 2010, 02:48
Board sent today. :)

Will PM tracking site and code.

keropi
29th January 2010, 07:02
I just marked this one as "Found" , I could as well close it too, but I'll let rkauer have the honor when time comes :lol:

Huggies
29th January 2010, 13:50

I think that is the board I sent to you awhile back. Sorry you couldn't get it to work. It did work in an Amiga 1000 with a daughter board but I couldn't get it to work on a 1000 without a daughter board.

I hope it works for Chris.

rkauer
29th January 2010, 16:27
No problem, Huggies.