PDA

View Full Version : Closed 68060 50MHz Motorola CPU

phillct
23rd April 2013, 07:38
Possibly brand new, used only briefly, possibly lightly used, but definitely in great condition, certified by a semiconductor dealer/recycler. These are left over from a larger quantity purchase for socket installations in a product that was on the market in prior years, so the chip would be of the highest grade in a chip recycle (i.e. "socket pull"). So the chip has been professionally refurbished for use in an embedded system (I think these may have been intended for a video editing product, but I'm not sure). They are clean, absolutely no solder residue or anything like that. Ready for use in a board with a socket or spot for a 68060RC50 (correct for all/most AMIGA 68060 accelerators). Fully guaranteed to work 100%, CPU (central processing), FPU (floating point), MMU (memory management) units. It was my understanding that these were new chips that were socket pulls from a batch of embedded systems that were liquidated before they were purchased, so my best guess is that they were never used beyond perhaps testing/burn in.

Mask code: 01F43G
Functional Motorola part number: XC68060RC50

In my experience, these are reliably overclockable to 66MHz, but I have heard from people who have gone over 70MHz without issue. If you're doing this, I'd recommend a heat sink / CPU cooler.

$59 USD -- I will guarantee 100% personally against DOA/defect.. I have a few set aside in the event you are not satisfied and would like a replacement. To be precise, I'll provide you a 30 day warranty from the date of receipt. If you're not satisfied after a replacement is attempted, I will issue a refund of the unit price.

Shipping to the UK, and Western Europe via First Class Mail International / or Priority Mail International (originating from the USPS -- some countries require Priority Service for insurance and delivery confirmation) is $25. I'll cover insurance since I'm covering the warranty. I'd appreciate the buyer contributing $2 to the PayPal fees for non-gift, but I'll leave that up to the buyer.

Please inquire about shipping elsewhere or by other methods, and please include in your PM what method you'd like to use for payment.

Quantity available in this thread: 3 (three)

I may locate more of these, I recently moved and am looking through my storage.

It's possible that I may come across additional unit(s) as I have time to go through my boxes, so if you see this after it is sold, or are looking for multiple units, feel free to inquire. These are used in both Amiga and Atari accelerator boards, video systems (like Draco/Casablanca), embedded systems, etc.

I think I have a few other Motorola CPU part numbers, so if you are looking for something in particular, please don't hesitate to ask. I may have what you're looking for... if I can find it! :picard

International buyers welcome, shipment originates from me in Connecticut, USA.

Thanks!

-P

phillct
3rd May 2013, 20:39
Received PM, potential interest. I will wait for him to officially declare, I guess, but FYI.

-P

MiliusMesachiel
3rd May 2013, 20:48
if one available, declaring interest , pm sent

SkydivinGirl
3rd May 2013, 20:55
Received PM, potential interest. I will wait for him to officially declare, I guess, but FYI.
If they have not declared interest in the thread then please tell them that they must do that before they are able to be considered for purchasing your item.

Thanks!

Heather

phillct
3rd May 2013, 21:08
Thanks Milius,

Got your PM, and replied to PM with details, have one for you set aside.

Philip

if one available, declaring interest , pm sent

MiliusMesachiel
3rd May 2013, 21:52
money sent :cool:

phillct
3rd May 2013, 21:57
And received, thank you!

Will PM when shipped.

-P

money sent :cool:

matt3k
3rd May 2013, 22:59
I'm interested. If you can give me to monday to confirm that would be great.

PM questions and issue....

phillct
3rd May 2013, 23:05
No problem, Monday's fine. Thanks Matt.

So, to update the quantity, there is one unit left in the thread that is not reserved. 1 is sold, 1 is reserved (as posted below), and 1 remains available.

Thanks!

-P

I'm interested. If you can give me to monday to confirm that would be great.

PM questions and issue....

tbtorro
3rd May 2013, 23:30
Interested. Sending PM.

TjLaZer
3rd May 2013, 23:44
Interested in one. Let me know if you have one avail.

phillct
4th May 2013, 08:33
Right now, I think tbtorro will take the final unit (sale is in process, I think), and I promised Matt3k until Monday for the final one.

However, I do have several of these, so I will look when I have a chance to visit my storage. If I can confirm my "count", I will either re-post or update this post, and let you know. I am fairly sure that I have one for you, though.

Thanks Tj.

Philip

phillct
4th May 2013, 15:02
Tj,

I do have a fourth. So, let me just be clear to make sure I'm following all the rules.

I'm making one more available in this thread, same as the others in the initial post.

So a total of 4.

2 are sold (tbtorro, and MiliusMesachiel), payment received.

1 declared interest by Mike3k, reserved through Monday, while he decides.

1 declared interest to TjLaZer, PM incoming.

After we resolve the final two, consider this post "Sold". Any additional inventory will be placed in a new post.

Thanks guys, and moderators, let me know if I'm not handling the thread properly.

-P

Right now, I think tbtorro will take the final unit (sale is in process, I think), and I promised Matt3k until Monday for the final one.

However, I do have several of these, so I will look when I have a chance to visit my storage. If I can confirm my "count", I will either re-post or update this post, and let you know. I am fairly sure that I have one for you, though.

Thanks Tj.

Philip

Miru
4th May 2013, 16:26
Hi, I am interested in one too, if anyone drops out or you get more!

Thanks

TjLaZer
4th May 2013, 20:02
Sent pm, still interested in one.

phillct
5th May 2013, 02:35
Replied to your PM. Please let me know if you have further questions.

Hi, I am interested in one too, if anyone drops out or you get more!

Thanks

phillct
5th May 2013, 14:29
Tj,

Sent you a PM with the shipping/payment/etc. details.

As per thread, it's good to go out on Monday. Thanks :).

Thread Update:
Don't want to speak for Tj, but I think his is sold, just waiting on payment to confirm.

Mike3k's interest is good 'till Monday as promised.

Thanks,

-P

Sent pm, still interested in one.

TjLaZer
5th May 2013, 22:45
Payment sent.

matt3k
6th May 2013, 23:51
Pulling interest.

Next in line.

Thanks for hold one for me!

PM Sent...

phillct
7th May 2013, 00:56
Thanks Matt.

Miru, you're up.

-P

Pulling interest.

Next in line.

Thanks for hold one for me!

PM Sent...

Miru
7th May 2013, 03:58
Sounds good. Just send me the pics as discussed, and i will send you the payment!

TjLaZer
13th May 2013, 02:13
Paid but still have not received 060 chip. Has it shipped yet?

MiliusMesachiel
18th May 2013, 00:14
still waiting mine :unsure:

phillct
18th May 2013, 02:01
Sorry guys.. I didn't get a PM so I missed updating this thread.

I'll get in touch with the customs label numbers ASAP. I don't have them in front of me now, but please let me know when you do receive, or send a PM if you have any concerns.

-P

Miru
18th May 2013, 08:06
Whenever you get to post some pics i am still interested ;)

TjLaZer
22nd May 2013, 01:09
Status update on my paid item? Has it shipped?

MiliusMesachiel
26th May 2013, 22:43
still nothing at home :blink:

MiliusMesachiel
30th May 2013, 21:36
just received a mail with tracking number :arms:arms

phillct
31st May 2013, 07:37
Milius et All,

I'm sorry for the poor communication the past few days.. I was just telling TJ in a PM that work has been nuts and I was spending some time with the family over the memorial day holiday here in the US.

Rest assured, all 3 sold 060s have been shipped! I posted tracking labels and customs label ID's with Paypal if you need any assistance locating the package with your country's customs. This recently happened with a package that was UK-bound, so just in case, but if you haven't got the chip by end of next week, please let me know and we'll start postal inquiries.

Miru -- I haven't forgotten you.. Look for a PM tomorrow.

Any further questions/concerns please PM me, I will respond ASAP.

DutchinUSA
31st May 2013, 14:15
If you happen to have more I am interested in one :thumbsup:

Sending PM :)

---------- Post added at 08:15 ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 ----------

Money Sent ! :thumbsup:

Miru
1st June 2013, 05:23
No pm received. Found one elsewhere!

phillct
1st June 2013, 06:36
Miru,

Understood, glad you found what you're looking for, sorry for any delay, if I caused any.

Officially withdrawing interest? If so, this thread can be marked 'SOLD'.

Thanks,

Philip

No pm received. Found one elsewhere!

---------- Post added at 01:36 ---------- Previous post was at 00:57 ----------

If you happen to have more I am interested in one :thumbsup:

Sending PM :)

---------- Post added at 08:15 ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 ----------

Money Sent ! :thumbsup:

Dutchin, due to the complexities of the thread, etc., I created a "Reserved" thread for you. I think this is how it is supposed to be done.

As a result, this rather drawn-out thread can be marked 'SOLD'. Miru has withdrawn interest, and any further quantities will be listed in a new thread for clarity.

This thread is completed, can be marked 'SOLD'. If some are awaiting delivery, I have shipped all items, but am certainly available via PM.

MiliusMesachiel
4th June 2013, 22:38
Got mine today :thumbsup:

TjLaZer
5th June 2013, 04:26
Got mine today!!

MiliusMesachiel
5th June 2013, 21:23
WTF ?

http://i82.servimg.com/u/f82/09/01/62/66/img_6210.jpg
http://i82.servimg.com/u/f82/09/01/62/66/img_6211.jpg

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

phillct
6th June 2013, 13:46
SH*T. I am sorry.

That's S23328-003 on the side, correct?

I had two small quantities of chips acquired a while back from an amiga dealer / distributor.

The reason being that I upgraded a few Draco Systems Casablanca products from 040 to 060. These require the LC 060 (CPU/MMU, but lack floating point component). Both batches were remarked, which, while annoying, isn't uncommon in the world of recycled 060s. That chip was sold to me as an XC68060RC50 01F43G mask, clearly it belonged in the other batch.

Please contact me via PM if you received this revision. I'm very sorry for the error, and I will make it right. Send me a PM so we can discuss correcting the error. Again, my sincere apology, I should have caught this before shipping, but again, I promise to make it right.

TjLaZer
7th June 2013, 02:28
Mine looks like his but I haven't had time to install it. How can I tell
If mine is like his or a full 060?

DutchinUSA
7th June 2013, 13:02
Same here, figured I would test it this weekend :ninja:

phillct
7th June 2013, 18:17
Definitely run the test guys using a benchmarking program that is wise to the 68060 (some older programs think they're 68040).

But I have a suspicion that these chips are the same. Again, I'm really sorry about it.

I have several FULL 060s. I'm going to check today, but I think I have a few that are *brand new* (not recycled, never been used, even would carry original warranty from Motorola) and I will try to send these as replacements for you guys to make up for the significant inconvenience, if I'm correct that you each received LCs from that batch in error.

Let me know in this thread or by PM what the case is and I will make this right.

Thanks,

-P

MiliusMesachiel
8th June 2013, 08:41
Ok waiting for a new one please , asap

thank you

Xanxi
8th June 2013, 12:24
These chips can still be used on Apollo boards with the NOFPU libs (or latest Cosmos' lib) folks. However, some programs expecting a FPU won't work.

DutchinUSA
8th June 2013, 14:23
Ok, can't test it because my blizzard 1260 is not socketed (I should have known).

Bought this processor for a future Apollo 1240->1260 upgrade but I would definitely prefer a full 68060 because as you mentioned "Fully guaranteed to work 100%, CPU (central processing), FPU (floating point), MMU (memory management) units."

I know, you didn't know :)

Looks exactly like the one posted in MiliusMesachiel's pictures so I would definitely prefer the replacement you mentioned.

TjLaZer
9th June 2013, 17:48
Same for me too. I am really not in a position to test this to see if it is a full 060 any time soon. Is there no way to know for sure if it's a full 060? Did some of these indeed test out as full and some did not? The silk screening is definitely not stock, so it seems they are reworked chips?

phillct
9th June 2013, 18:34
As some have mentioned, you can still take advantage of the 060 CPU/MMU with an LC chip, but if you're looking to solder the chip to a board once, as I stated, if you have a chip that looks like the one pictured by Milius it's probably lacking the FPU. Again, mea culpa, these are almost definitely the wrong batch.

I believe lots of Apollo boards (ACT - Germany) shipped with EC 060s, even.. (these lack MMU and FPU) and in later revisions were available in high clock speeds (60-80MHz, I have known people with proper cooling to leverage up to 100MHz, but I don't recommend this, you're likely to fry your 060 ;) ).

However, I have half a dozen or so NEW 060s that are full versions and have never been used. I will get the replacements out to you this week. The new chips are all identical and from the same batch, so if you want to be sure, whoever receives their replacement first, if you can run benchmarks and confirm the results, I'd appreciate it. Again, you'll have to use software that is "wise" to the 060, as some older benchmarking software recognizes all 060s as 040s.

Some references:

AIBB hardware mods support:

http://aminet.net/util/moni

I think SysSpeed will recognize the 060 too. And Milius can probably tell us what he is using.

In terms of the marking, to answer your questions, with recycled CPUs, it's not uncommon for OEM users or resellers to remark chips for various reasons. It's annoying, but not uncommon. The replacements are not remarked, are not recycled, to be clear, they're brand new, and I'm sending them specifically to make up for the inconvenience. The mask code determines the function of the CPU, but in addition to this, I'm sure Milius can post benchmark results when he runs them.

Thanks guys,

-P

Xanxi
9th June 2013, 18:35
I'm interested in making an offer for one of these noFPU CPU (providing there is a MMU) if it is allowed.

phillct
9th June 2013, 18:40
I'm sure if you ask around here you'll find the right answers in terms of software, but here's a reference to a benchmarking thread:

http://forum.classicamiga.com/forum/showthread.php/1997-Amiga-quot-benchmark-quot-software

-P

---------- Post added at 13:40 ---------- Previous post was at 13:37 ----------

Xanxi, I'd certainly appreciate this, as this is an expensive mistake for me.

Milius, you're in France also, correct?

-P

I'm interested in making an offer for one of these noFPU CPU (providing there is a MMU) if it is allowed.

roy_bates
9th June 2013, 21:04
the lc 060 that was on the apollo cards where shipped with a different install disk to allow it to work.

phillct
9th June 2013, 21:10
Yes, there is some software out there, patches, software emulation, etc.

-P

the lc 060 that was on the apollo cards where shipped with a different install disk to allow it to work.

MiliusMesachiel
10th June 2013, 00:12

-P

that's right

phillct
10th June 2013, 00:27
And to be clear.

If you have received a full 060 from me that will satisfy you and you will return the other CPU? I am unclear from your message here and your PM, just minutes ago. Perhaps you should clarify.

Thank you.

-P

-P

that's right

MiliusMesachiel
10th June 2013, 07:59
so make it simple

to know which cpu you have inside your amiga , use "whichamiga" program.

I paid for a full 060, and have no Apollo card

as I paid one month ago for this chip, which is not the one I wanted, I wan't you to make it right as fast as possible now.

if xanxi want the one I received, it's no problem, he can get it and pickup when he wants.
I'm not the seller, I don't want money from Xanxi

but first of all

1) You send me another chip, a full 68060 as you listed.

or

2) I get my money back with full refund ($84)

If all of your cpu are marked like the one I received, all of your cpu should be lc060 ...?

phillct
10th June 2013, 13:29
Milius,

Again... I apologize for the inconvenience. But now that things are what they are, I am just trying to clarify how I can correct the error. I'm not asking you for any additional money, and I'm offering a NEW chip as opposed to a recycled one (as advertised). I acknowledge the error, and I will make up for it, as I've said...

so make it simple

to know which cpu you have inside your amiga , use "whichamiga" program.

Thank you for this information, I think other people in this thread were hopeful for this information.

I paid for a full 060, and have no Apollo card

as I paid one month ago for this chip, which is not the one I wanted, I wan't you to make it right as fast as possible now.

Yes. I have offered you a brand new (*not recycled) 68060, mask code 01F43G, as advertised. If this CPU meets your approval with your software, whichamiga, will this satisfy you as a replacement? If so, I will send one to you at my cost.

if xanxi want the one I received, it's no problem, he can get it and pickup when he wants.
I'm not the seller, I don't want money from Xanxi

but first of all

1) You send me another chip, a full 68060 as you listed.

or

2) I get my money back with full refund ($84)

If all of your cpu are marked like the one I received, all of your cpu should be lc060 ...?

Trying to be clear here.. No, I will not send you another LC 060, if that's what you are asking. My goal is to remedy that situation, by sending you a FULL 060, same mask as advertised, but NEW instead of recycled, meaning that the specifications will exceed the expectations in the posted "For Sale" message. I admit the error. I also hope that you understand that it was an error and not a malicious or intentionally deceptive transaction. In fact, it will cost me quite a bit to make these things right, but I will do this. I'm not asking for your sympathy, I know this has been inconvenient, but I do ask that you reserve judgement until you have received the replacement CPU and tested it with your hardware.

If you are happy with the replacement CPU I send (after receiving and measuring it as you did with whichamiga), I think Xanxi, and I, were asking... Would you be willing to *post* (ship/mail) the original CPU? The reason I asked you is that you are in France, as in Xanxi -- though I'm assuming that you don't live in neighbouring towns -- where a pickup would be reasonably possible, and the cost would likely be less for you to send it to him, than say, someone here in the US like TJ or Duchin, who can return the chips to me relatively inexpensively because they're here in the US. I'm not asking you to pay for the post. I will cover the price. But are you willing to do this?

Thank you.

-P

MiliusMesachiel
10th June 2013, 16:28
shipping the cpu to xanxi is about 6,10€

I will test the next cpu with wichamiga and post picture as soon as I'll get it

let me know when you send it

thank you

Xanxi
10th June 2013, 19:03
I've made an offer to phillct in PM for the LC CPU. Hope that can ease the situation. It could be either delivered to me in Paris or some towns in north Seine et Marne, or shipped to me.

phillct
10th June 2013, 19:13
Thanks Xanxi.

This is my PM response:

--- snip ---

I accept the offer, but you and Milius would have to work out shipping, whether he wants to send it or meet up. I believe he posted something about shipping costs being 6-10 Euro, but perhaps you can send him a message?

Also, he (MiliusMesachiel) may want to wait for his replacement to arrive before sending it. That's up to him, of course. Either way is fine with me. He should have his replacement CPU next week.

--- snip ---

Milius, as I said, if you're willing, this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

-P

I've made an offer to phillct in PM for the LC CPU. Hope that can ease the situation. It could be either delivered to me in Paris or some towns in north Seine et Marne, or shipped to me.

TjLaZer
11th June 2013, 05:02
I would like one of the new full 060's, I will gladly ship back the one I got from you once I receive the new one. That ok?

phillct
11th June 2013, 09:56
Sure, Tj. I will confirm when shipped, and if you want a few bucks for postage, let me know. Thanks again for your patience.

-P

I would like one of the new full 060's, I will gladly ship back the one I got from you once I receive the new one. That ok?

DutchinUSA
11th June 2013, 13:05
Yeah, what Tj said :) Figured it was on its way already ;)

roy_bates
11th June 2013, 13:15
when you say new cpus what mask set are you talking about?

dont you test these before you ship them?,just wondering.
as its a long way to go to find out there the wrong units or worse case doa parts.

phillct
12th June 2013, 15:20
As I said, the new CPUs are 01F43G mask CPUs (XC, not MC). Date code is 97.

I don't always ship everything personally because I have a pretty decent sized storage. I don't have employees or anything, but I hire family or friends on occasion because I have a day job ;). I also don't currently have the hardware setup to test 060s.

In this case, because of the remarking, the wrong CPUs were fetched and packed partly because their marking wasn't clear to a lay person and partly because they were hanging around with the wrong batch in storage....

Also, there's a proper way to store CPUs, especially if they're received new, and they're really not all that fragile. Structurally, of course, but functionally, no. I've never had a non-used DOA that I can recall -- it's probably more likely that the postal service break them. And I've known users to fry them by overclocking without enough cooling ;).

It is a long way for them to go for this, and obviously it's a hassle and needless expense all around, which is why I plan to be much more careful going forward. I had forgotten that some of the CPUs I had were remarked, and that that would obfuscate things...

Thanks Roy.

-P

as its a long way to go to find out there the wrong units or worse case doa parts.

---------- Post added at 10:12 ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 ----------

Also, Roy, I forgot to mention this in my previous reply, but generally speaking, if it's a new part my policy, unless otherwise requested, is not to use it, or otherwise touch it other than packaging. If I'm saying a part is "new", that means the end user is essentially getting it as it was sent from the manufacturer.

Thanks,

-P

---------- Post added at 10:20 ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 ----------

Yeah, what Tj said :) Figured it was on its way already ;)

Hey Dutchin, thanks for the clarification. That's what I figured, but just out of curiosity, are you able to run benchmarks (like the aforementioned whichamiga) when you receive? You are closest and are likely to get yours first.

Thanks,

Philip

roy_bates
12th June 2013, 15:21
im curios,do you have any revision 5 or revision 6 cpu's marked XC68060RC60 or MC68060RC50

off the top of your head,dont go looking for them or anything as i dont really want you to waste your time.its just out of curiosity.

phillct
12th June 2013, 16:13
Roy,

I'm not positive I'm correct on this, but my understanding is that there would not be any revision 6 XC68060RC50 intended for the open market, at least.

I generally go by mask code. There are a lot of what I consider must be either *very confused* or completely misleading/fraudulent 060s posted on eBay.

To be clear, Motorola "went MC" (which means the part is in a permanent, or completed status, accordingly to Motorola.. i.e. no further revisions, generally speaking) with the E41J mask.. This didn't happen until 1999.

For reference:

http://www.datasheetarchive.com/files/motorola/68k/pcn4460.html

They may have done this earlier with productions of EC/LC chips or other suffixes (E/C), but not the full version.

Other relevant info:

http://www.freescale.com/files/shared/doc/pcn/PCN3448.html

If you look on eBay, you'll see listings posted as "MC" with earlier mask codes. This is a contradiction in terms. Whether intentional or not, "something is rotten in Denmark" (no offense tbtorro (!) or any other Danes, I quote, I quote).

Any shoppers on eBay should be VERY careful, I'm sure there's plenty written about that on the forums here. Not saying you Roy necessarily, I just thought since we're talking about it I should illuminate this issue.

Thanks,

-P

im curios,do you have any revision 5 or revision 6 cpu's marked XC68060RC60 or MC68060RC50

off the top of your head,dont go looking for them or anything as i dont really want you to waste your time.its just out of curiosity.

---------- Post added at 11:13 ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 ----------

Roy, while on the subject, out of curiosity, what's your setup for your 1260 @ 100MHz? What CPU and cooling are you using?

Thanks,

-P

roy_bates
12th June 2013, 16:33
im using a revision 6 060 with active cooling meaning its got a heatsink and fan.i always use active cooling anyway even if say the cpu's rated clock was 50mhz and it was being run at 60mhz,it all depends on revision.

also the XC68060RC60 i mentioned is a revision 5.

i agree there are dodgy cpu's being sold on ebay,but ive never bought any that didnt match the revision(ive bought revision 5 and 6 cpu's from there with no problems)
its always best to check first before a comitment is made to buy.

MiliusMesachiel
14th June 2013, 23:38
what's up phill ?

phillct
19th June 2013, 20:17
I had a slight delay in getting these from storage, but I'll send PMs with shipment details individually.. Milius, I'll send you a new customs label ID shortly.

FYI, See attached image for the new condition CPUs. A few posts back I posted about how new chips are generally packaged and stored.. this photo shows the actual tray of CPUs from which I'm sending replacements.

Thanks,

-P

what's up phill ?

phillct
2nd July 2013, 17:05
Just wanted to update the thread. I know it's a vacation week for many here in the US, but at this point, the replacements should have arrived according to delivery timeframes.

I've sent PMs with specific shipping details. For clarity, has anyone received their new CPU and/or had a chance to run benchmarks?

Thanks again for your patience guys...

-P

DutchinUSA
2nd July 2013, 18:53
Received processor last Friday I think. 68EC060 but I think you told me in a PM it is actually a full 68060.

I will have to see if I have anything to test it in. Was getting it to upgrade an apollo 1240 but don't have voltage regulator etc yet so might not be able to test :(

phillct
2nd July 2013, 19:09
Received processor last Friday I think. 68EC060 but I think you told me in a PM it is actually a full 68060.

Yes, to confirm it is a full 68060 (CPU, MMU, FPU). This particular processor was marked for sale to customers of EC parts, but in actuality and functionality is an XC68060RC50. Customers of EC parts require only the CPU, so it meets their needs (they can use full/ec/lc), but was part of a larger batch of exclusively full versions (again, full CPU, MMU & FPU). This happened occasionally at Motorola in that revision.

I will have to see if I have anything to test it in. Was getting it to upgrade an apollo 1240 but don't have voltage regulator etc yet so might not be able to test :(

Ahh, I see, you need the 3.3V, certainly understandable. All the new CPUs are from the same batch, and I think Milius should be able to confirm using his benchmarking software as he did before. Hopefully he will be good enough to post results when he has a chance to test.

Regardless, not to worry, my guarantee stands until you're able to confirm full functionality with your hardware.

Thanks,

-P

MiliusMesachiel
2nd July 2013, 19:13
I will test and post screenshoot as soon as I'll get it

:cool:

DutchinUSA
2nd July 2013, 19:20
:thumbsup:

phillct
2nd July 2013, 19:20
Thanks Milius.

I will test and post screenshoot as soon as I'll get it

:cool:

MiliusMesachiel
4th July 2013, 22:57
got it today :cool:

here are screenshoots
http://i34.servimg.com/u/f34/09/01/62/66/img_7010.jpg
http://i34.servimg.com/u/f34/09/01/62/66/img_7011.jpg

MC68060 rev1

---------- Post added at 23:57 ---------- Previous post was at 23:56 ----------

thank you phill :thumbsup:

phillct
5th July 2013, 06:41
Thanks Milius! Glad it arrived finally and is working well.

Dutchin -- your processor should look the same as far as marking, but as I said, is a full processor, they all came from the same batch. They are also new parts, so I wouldn't hesitate to install it even if you need to solder. Again, my guarantee stands until you're able to confirm this with your own hardware, of course.

got it today :cool:

here are screenshoots
http://i34.servimg.com/u/f34/09/01/62/66/img_7010.jpg
http://i34.servimg.com/u/f34/09/01/62/66/img_7011.jpg

MC68060 rev1

---------- Post added at 23:57 ---------- Previous post was at 23:56 ----------

thank you phill :thumbsup:

phillct
5th July 2013, 15:11
Tj -- have you received yours?

Also, just to cover the whole thread...

-tbtorro, per your instructions, I have your CPU set aside, same batch as I've said, and will send it when you're ready.

-I also have 2 remaining units from this same batch of new, full 68060 CPUs. I will probably list them for sale in a new thread at some point as they're not recycled chips as originally posted in this very long thread. If anyone is looking for one now, you can certainly contact me. I have them out of storage so they're handy.

-finally, if anyone is interested in the LC chips -- to be clear, these have CPU and MMU, but likely no FPU, and as Xanxi has pointed out, can be used on on certain boards (like ACT/Apollo products) and may attractive to overclockers -- I can offer them for sale soon, so if you'd like me to do so, get in touch.

Thanks!
-P

phillct
17th July 2013, 02:59
Just to update this thread.. Since Xanxi's in France, he's offered $25 USD for one of the LC chips which Milius can send directly, and I accepted.

Hope it's OK to put this in this thread, it wouldn't make sense out of context I don't think.

Philip

TjLaZer
17th July 2013, 04:48
I received mine and sent back the old one.

phillct
17th July 2013, 14:59
Thanks Tj, I received the return.

I received mine and sent back the old one.

DutchinUSA
19th July 2013, 15:31
Money sent to keep the LC chip ! :thumbsup:

And feedback left !

ck16
20th July 2013, 16:32
@phillct

Do you have any more XC68EC060RC50 CPUs left?

Cheers,
ck

phillct
20th July 2013, 17:48
ck,

The CPUs sold in this thread, as pictured and benchmarked/identified by Milius are brand new FULL versions. They were mismarked at the factory to reflect a EC part number, while in fact they are completely full featured CPUs. They have CPU, MMU, and FPU, while actual EC chips only have CPU (no MMU or FPU).

I have currently in stock:

-2 brand new full versions (the part number should read XC68060RC50 - 01F43G mask).

-1 perfect condition LC 060 -- this may be a new part, though I'm not positive because I don't have original sales records for this chip, but as I said, it's in perfect condition and is an LC part (CPU and MMU, no FPU). With Apollo boards, for example, you can use an EC or an LC chip and possibly with other boards, using software emulation, patching, etc. Of course, 68060s run at 3.3V, unlike the 040 and prior, which run at 5V.

Both would be sold with a full guarantee from me regarding the condition as stated above.

Are you interested in these, and if so, which? I haven't formally listed them "For Sale" yet, I think it might be better to do so in a new thread, but let me know if you are, in fact, interested in some/all of the chips, and I can do so.

Thanks,

-P

@phillct

Do you have any more XC68EC060RC50 CPUs left?

Cheers,
ck

ck16
22nd July 2013, 22:20
Hi Phill,

I'm after a full version CPU (XC68060RC50 - 01F43G mask). What is the total including airmail postage to Melbourne, Australia?

I just read my previous post and can understand why you were confused. :D

Thanks heaps!

Cheers,
ck

ck,

The CPUs sold in this thread, as pictured and benchmarked/identified by Milius are brand new FULL versions. They were mismarked at the factory to reflect a EC part number, while in fact they are completely full featured CPUs. They have CPU, MMU, and FPU, while actual EC chips only have CPU (no MMU or FPU).

-2 brand new full versions (the part number should read XC68060RC50 - 01F43G mask).

-1 perfect condition LC 060 -- this may be a new part, though I'm not positive because I don't have original sales records for this chip, but as I said, it's in perfect condition and is an LC part (CPU and MMU, no FPU). With Apollo boards, for example, you can use an EC or an LC chip and possibly with other boards, using software emulation, patching, etc. Of course, 68060s run at 3.3V, unlike the 040 and prior, which run at 5V.

Both would be sold with a full guarantee from me regarding the condition as stated above.

Are you interested in these, and if so, which? I haven't formally listed them "For Sale" yet, I think it might be better to do so in a new thread, but let me know if you are, in fact, interested in some/all of the chips, and I can do so.

Thanks,

-P

Cheers,
ck

phillct
23rd July 2013, 00:14
Hi ck,

Sure. Though I hadn't planned to include them in this thread because it's so long, I guess the recent posts pretty well describe the chips, so if you want one of the new condition chips as described in the thread, I will send one via First Class Mail International (a USPS package service service like airmail, though it's usually must faster than the estimates) to Melbourne for $88 USD (total price, includes shipping costs, paypal fees).

Or, if you prefer, I'll trade you both chips for round trip airfare from NYC and courtside seats to that tennis tournament you guys have there in January ;).

I'm sending you a similar PM now with my details.

Thanks,

-P

Hi Phill,

I'm after a full version CPU (XC68060RC50 - 01F43G mask). What is the total including airmail postage to Melbourne, Australia?

I just read my previous post and can understand why you were confused. :D

Thanks heaps!

Cheers,
ck

ck,

Thanks,

-P

Cheers,
ck

phillct
24th July 2013, 15:13
ck has agreed to purchase one of the new CPUs as I quoted above. Payment received.

So, at present I still have..
(1) new full 68060 (CPU/MMU/FPU - 01F43G)
(1) like new 68LC060 (CPU/MMU -- I believe a rev 2, but not certain)

As I stated before, I haven't listed them in a separate thread because there are so many details posted about them here, in this thread, even though it's so long.

tbtorro is the only original purchaser who has not yet requested shipment of his replacement, but we have discussed this, and this will be completed at his convenience.

Thanks,

-P

ck16
24th July 2013, 15:13
Payment sent!

EDIT: Phil's quicker than me :D

phillct
24th July 2013, 17:14
ck, item has been shipped (it was actually dropped off an hour or so ago)

Thanks!

-P

phillct
25th July 2013, 15:35
I figure I may as well officially list these with prices, in this thread, because there is so much detail about the chips themselves. I hope interested parties will find this message on the 8th or 9th page of this thread, but I figured it'd be too complicated to explain this separately.

So... again, see the earlier posts in the thread for details/pics/benchmarks, which we have courtesy of myself and Milius (thanks Milius). Admins, if you prefer I break this out into a separate thread, I can do so, I just figured all the context is here.

These are from two original batches of new old stock (NOS) trays of CPUs. One is of brand new, full 68060 processors. The other is of perfect condition LC 68060 CPUs. I can't say for sure if the LC chips are, in fact, brand new or not. They appear to be in "like new" condition. Details of both batches are found in the thread here.

1 (one) full, brand new 68060 @ 50MHz
(functional part number XC68060RC50, or 68060RC50, 01F43G mask/rev)
-brand new, this is a "new old stock (NOS)" item, stored in ISO-compliant packaging, part of a tray of 6 originally.
-I have these stored right here and ready to ship same or next day, they are not in storage
-Guaranteed 100% to have FULL CPU, MMU, and FPU, though these should technically still carry a manufacturer's warranty.
-Again, see thread posts for details. There are pics and benchmarks posted that show the exact function and condition of these chips. The other five were sold right here, in this thread. Number 5 of 6 was shipped yesterday.

1 (one) LC 68060
(functional part number XC68LC060RC50 or MC68LC060RC50)
-I *misspoke* earlier, this is, in fact a rev 4 68060: http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/68060/Motorola-MC68LC060RC50%20-%20XC68LC060RC50.html
It's difficult to say whether its marking should be XC or MC, but according to Motorola this revision went MC on this revision, and there is no functional difference:
http://www.datasheetarchive.com/files/motorola/68k/pcn3448.html
-FULL CPU and MMU, no FPU -- Apollo boards and possibly others can use these due to their libraries and/or software emulation of an FPU.
-A good CPU to use for overclockers

In both cases, I personally guarantee that these are genuine Motorola parts. They're new old stock, as I said, so they were purchased in the late 90s.

Prices:

The new, full 68060: [see below, or look here: www.amibay.com/showthread.php?p=491524]
The like new, LC 68060: [see below, or look here: www.amibay.com/showthread.php?p=491524]

Will ship internationally from Connecticut, USA. I would certainly entertain offers for a combined purchase of the two chips, which would certainly save on shipping costs.

I personally guarantee, in each case, full functionality as stated above with replacement or refund (in that order) upon delivery and initial testing at the recommended clock speed. The one caveat here, is that if you're an overclocker, you can't fry the chip and return it ;). Anyway, the chance of this being an issue is almost nill, but I should state the fine print, I guess...

PM or post here with interest or questions.

Thanks!

-P

----SNIP----
These are NO LONGER listed in this thread. Sorry for any confusion...

They are For Sale, listed in a new "For Sale" thread, here: www.amibay.com/showthread.php?p=491524

Please go there to declare interest, ask questions, etc.. Thanks!
-P
----SNIP----

phillct
28th July 2013, 15:18
Hi guys,

This thread is unmanageably long, so I'm going to link to it in my new "For Sale" post. So, since nobody has declared interest, I'm withdrawing the items from this thread, and adding them in a new post.

General Update: Other than tbtorro and I concluding our business when he's back from hoilday, which we have discussed, and also dealt with each other before, the transactions are all done. If mods wish to wait for this final bit, that's fine, or, you can simply mark "Sold".

Look for the new full 060, and the LC 68060 in a new thread: www.amibay.com/showthread.php?p=491524

Thanks,

-P

phillct
6th August 2013, 20:33
Hey Xanxi,

I received your PM. I'm glad you received the LC 060 via Milius, though, I can't seem to add an iTrader rating for this transaction. I'm not sure how this works, if you need to leave it first as the buyer, or if because it was somewhat buried in the thread.

To be clear, Xanxi offered to help with the replacement situation herein, and purchased the LC 060 originally shipped to Milius for $25 USD. I compensated Milius for shipment within France, which he did send after receiving and verifying his replacement, and I thank both parties for their willingness to help with a positive result and avoid costs in return shipping and duties.

I'd be happy to leave a rating for our transaction, Xanxi, but I am not sure how to do this.

Thanks,

-P

ck16
18th August 2013, 04:32
@phillct

Sorry for the delay. The CPU arrived the other week. Positive feedback left! :thumbsup:

ck, item has been shipped (it was actually dropped off an hour or so ago)

Thanks!

-P

tbtorro
23rd September 2013, 12:22
OK, so I finally managed to test mine, and yes it's also an LC version, contacting phillct for replacement..

phillct
23rd September 2013, 12:55
OK, so I finally managed to test mine, and yes it's also an LC version, contacting phillct for replacement..

Thanks for the reply. I did receive your PM just now and sent one back to you regarding the LC model chip. Your replacement will ship hopefully today, worst case is probably tomorrow, and I will pass along the tracking information.

GENERAL THREAD UPDATE:
Getting tbtorro his replacement is, I think, the final transaction within this thread. Once he has confirmed receipt of the full 060, this thread can be closed.

Thanks,

-P

austinsom
23rd September 2013, 12:59
CPU's received, although unable to test at the moment due to lack of 50mhz crystal. Will update when new crystal received and CPU tested.

phillct
23rd September 2013, 13:09
CPU's received, although unable to test at the moment due to lack of 50mhz crystal. Will update when new crystal received and CPU tested.

Glad you received. Thanks for the post.

Just for purposes of the thread / moderators, I think this sale was technically attached to the more recent thread: http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=46251

Thanks,

-P

Miru
25th October 2013, 01:08
If you have one more I am in need of one. Full 68060 with mmu and fpu.

60 mhz preferred but if it is 50 I am okay too. Send me a pm plz.

klx300r
25th October 2013, 03:04
still waiting for mine. any news?

tbtorro
26th October 2013, 19:41
Received my replacement last week, tested it and everything is fine. A looong trade at last concluded (and handled well by phillct):thumbsup:. Sending feedback.

Miru
29th October 2013, 20:48
Payment sent for a new full 68060 incl. Mmu and fpu.

looking forward to it!

klx300r
31st October 2013, 20:29
still waiting for some news please

klx300r
14th November 2013, 18:49
well it took a while but it's finally here today :) looks good but won't have time to test until my Viper board gets socketed for this 060

klx300r
10th July 2014, 20:13
@phillct

please check your PM's.

DutchinUSA
10th July 2014, 20:54
Think he might be taking a long break:

Last Activity15th January 2014 16:40

klx300r
11th July 2014, 02:09
Think he might be taking a long break:

Last Activity15th January 2014 16:40

hmm that could be why he's not answering his PM's eh....hopefully he's ok and checks in soon