PDA

View Full Version : Closed White keyboard clip for Amiga 1200

gavilan
26th January 2010, 14:35
Hello my friends. As title says, im needing the white little clip that attaches the green ribbon of the keyboard to the mother of the A1200

Please, if anybody has one for sale, it will be much appreciated. Until then, i have a ready-to-go A1200 which i cant use because of the lack of that little white clip

Thanks in advance
Sebastian

Kin Hell
26th January 2010, 18:20
The ribbon should still push in & work okay. Have you tried this?

Kin

J.T.Kirk
26th January 2010, 18:22
I think that the white clip locks somehow the ribbon in place, so any move cannot unplug it.

Kin Hell
26th January 2010, 18:24
Yes Phantom. I understand it to be just a locking mechanism & not required to be functional.

Kin

J.T.Kirk
26th January 2010, 18:29
Exactly m8. I never tried to plug the ribbon without this white clip either way.

gavilan
27th January 2010, 16:55
I have tried to put it firmly (obviously with pressure and without the clipboard) but at the minus move...it comes out.. :( Is there a way to "glue it" or something like that??? Its very sad not to being able to use a ready-to-go A1200 just because of lacking that little clip. It didnt come with the mainboard (i guess previous owner didnt even realize that).... damn...i want to experiment something, i just dont know what might work..any ideas folks??

Magno Boots
27th January 2010, 17:23
Cut a slither off a credit card and wedge the cable into the connector with this.

It may be a touch too thick, but worth a try untill you find the correct holder.

J.T.Kirk
27th January 2010, 17:26
AmigaKit has one in stock:

http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=746

TheCorfiot
27th January 2010, 21:21
@Gavilan.

Blu-Tack would be your friend here !!!!

TC :shhh:

Kin Hell
27th January 2010, 23:08
http://www.phobia-fear-release.com/images/peppermint-bubble-gum-phobia-25852.jpg :mrgreen:

Kin

JLPedro
27th January 2010, 23:31
@Gavilan

I have one for free if you want it.

Megamix
29th January 2010, 21:00
Hello my friends. As title says, im needing the white little clip that attaches the green ribbon of the keyboard to the mother of the A1200

Please, if anybody has one for sale, it will be much appreciated. Until then, i have a ready-to-go A1200 which i cant use because of the lack of that little white clip

Thanks in advance
Sebastian

Hot Glue gun it in I have used that when building PC`s works ok to keep cards in place.

HTH.

psodas
24th February 2010, 20:02

Thanks in advance
Sebastian

Hot Glue gun it in I have used that when building PC`s works ok to keep cards in place.

HTH.

:thumbsup:
Place the cable carefully in his place and keep it firmly with your hand. After drip some hot glue in the cable not at the connector, and after 3 minutes remove your hand from cable. You are ready.

Sorry about my English!

rkauer
24th February 2010, 20:11

HTH.

:thumbsup:
Place the cable carefully in his place and keep it firmly with your hand. After drip some hot glue in the cable not at the connector, and after 3 minutes remove your hand from cable. You are ready.

Sorry about my English!

Without using a piece of paperboard to make the cable go in contact with the connector plain glue will not work.

psodas
24th February 2010, 20:59
In my connector, if you keep the cable at his place, stay and do contact with connector. The role of the glue is just to not leave the cable to leave his position, which as a consequence will have to leave and by keyboard connector.;)

jimbob005
8th March 2010, 17:32
dose the one off an A500 single strip keyboard membrain fit??

TheCorfiot
8th March 2010, 19:17
James, I'm 99% sure it's a different width, I bet Rogerio knows for sure though.

TC :)

rkauer
8th March 2010, 21:21
The A500 keyboard with one membrane connector is identical to the A1200 unit, but the connection is very far and short from the A1200 connector.

Those membranes can be used in big-box Amiga keyboards!

ivansc
15th May 2010, 20:47
any old dead laptop will have one or two of these inside.
If you really cant find one I`ll sort one out but it hardly seems worth the postage involved.

Kin Hell
16th May 2010, 14:36
The clip wedges the ribbon contacts to the contacts within the socket itself. Much better to jam it with a thin stiff card or folded paper wedge as rkauer suggests. Also, if you ever had to strip the Amiga down, Hot glue can make it somewhat awkward & not easily un-do-able.

Kin

gavilan
16th May 2010, 22:42
@Gavilan

I have one for free if you want it.

Meu amigo: muito obrigado :thumbsup:

Im PM you to make proper arrangements

Abrašo

Sebastian

JLPedro
16th May 2010, 22:43
Any time :thumbsup: