PDA

View Full Version : Sold Amiga 1200 + ACA1220/17mhz + 4gb CF + Scart - HDMI

ami_junki
2nd May 2013, 07:24
As I need to make some more space I have to sell off one of my Amigas, so I will sell my last Amiga 1200,it's in very nice white colour the keyboard and case:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/02/daju3u2u.jpg

It comes with 3.1 roms, an ACA 1220/17 MHz 128mb ram, 4gb cf card, compact flash card reader and software, RGB to scart, scart to HDMI converter. There is a mouse but only psu cable if you wish to hook it up to an ATX psu. Shipping is 38.00 to anywhere in the world via airmail 2 weeks, 23.00 via surface 2 months. I'm looking for 129.00 for everything.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/02/aru8y5eb.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/02/2uby9epy.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/02/amu3u5u2.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/02/yjy5yjas.jpg

ami_junki
2nd May 2013, 10:46
The video converter is the same one mentioned in this thread:
http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=20468

ami_junki
3rd May 2013, 03:53
Reserved for MiggyLP now, just waiting for him to post his interest.

MiggyLP
3rd May 2013, 22:12
Thanks ami_junki

Declaring interest and PM coming your way.

Cheers

tbtorro
3rd May 2013, 23:33
Amiga 1200 on a tatami.. nice! :lol: and good luck with your sale!

Rodrigo
4th May 2013, 02:04
Hello. I am interested ( second ? ).

ami_junki
4th May 2013, 10:13
Amiga 1200 on a tatami.. nice! :lol: and good luck with your sale!

Thank you, yes I guess there are not many Amiga tatami photos lol

---------- Post added at 18:13 ---------- Previous post was at 18:12 ----------

Hello. I am interested ( second ? ).

Got your PM mate, if the deal falls through you are second in line 😊

ami_junki
4th May 2013, 15:36
Payment now received from MiggyLP, all packed and ready to send on Wednesday.

ami_junki
30th May 2013, 11:51
Just to update everyone, so MiggyLP received the Amiga 1200 a few weeks back but he was not able to hook it up until a few weeks ago, I made a mistake stating that it was a rev 2B when it is a 1D.1 which I am very sorry for, however after he plugged in the Amiga he is experiencing "Constant artifacts and then hard lock ups shortly after", I was using the Amiga for over a year with no problems and tested the Amiga before shipping however he is having these odd problems with and without the ACA1220. I would like to help him first in finding out what the problem is and hopefully the Amibay community can help me out here. First off I am thinking maybe it could be the CAPS, they have not been replaced but it was working fine before shipping, could it be due to the air pressure change when shipping causing the CAPS to leak? Or could the PSU not be strong enough? Any help would be great as I feel terrible that he has received a none working Amiga.

Gouldin
30th May 2013, 12:50
Chips seated properly? I had similar issues when I shipped my a1200 to Italy. Worked fine in the end

Sent from Xperia Acro S

ami_junki
30th May 2013, 12:56
Do you think it could be due to the kickstart chips coming loose, everything else is SMD on the A1200. I am wondering if it might be the PSU as he said it happens after 15 min or so.

RichyV
30th May 2013, 12:58
Sound like maybe something is overheating possibly... :(

ami_junki
30th May 2013, 13:09
Hmmm maybe some heatsinks might fix that, could the overheating be caused by bad CAPs too?

MiggyLP
15th June 2013, 16:50
I have sent a PM to ami_junki to see if this can be resolved via PM. If not, I will disclose my full comments in this thread.

fitzsteve
15th June 2013, 16:59
Hi MiggyLP,

If things can't be agreed between you in PM you are better to contact a Moderator to mediate for you instead of posting the details in the thread.

Good luck, I hope you get things resolved.

By the way, I think timing fixes can sort out overheating issues in the ACA cards, there's a lot of info over at EAB.

Steve.

Edit:

PS. I would also check PSU voltages stable (5v) and look to have the Capacitors replaced ASAP.

ami_junki
16th June 2013, 08:41
Thank you Steve, if one of the moderators could contact me I would like to see if they can help in sorting out this issue.

---------- Post added at 16:41 ---------- Previous post was at 16:37 ----------

I would just like to add it seems that he is experiencing freezing and instability issues with the Amiga after around 15 minutes, this is with and without the ACA card installed. I was using the Amiga for several hours at a time and had no problems, there were the usual gurus that you sometimes get but nothing like what the buyer has been experiencing. I was thinking that it might be worthwhile to boot from a Workbench disc perhaps without the CF card and see if after 15 min it crashes/freezes. I am very perplexed by this as the Amiga was working fine before selling and shipping. :blink:

MiggyLP
16th June 2013, 09:28
Hi MiggyLP,

If things can't be agreed between you in PM you are better to contact a Moderator to mediate for you instead of posting the details in the thread.

Good luck, I hope you get things resolved.

By the way, I think timing fixes can sort out overheating issues in the ACA cards, there's a lot of info over at EAB.

Steve.

Edit:

PS. I would also check PSU voltages stable (5v) and look to have the Capacitors replaced ASAP.

Hi Steve,

my ATX PSU has been tested fine with a friends Amiga's (a1200 and a600) - it has a solid 5V rail. I actually used his power source an - Amiga Kit ATX PSU to verify and I still have the same problems. (we swapped PSUs for a few weeks). He confirmed no problems at all, I confirmed still my issues remain.

The biggest issue I have with all of this is more to do with I was mislead in this sale and not the actual issues themselves.

The Amiga I received was very different to the one that was advertised / described and confirmed with Ami_Junki - (Different motherboard revision and huge instability problems when It was confirmed otherwise by ami_junki). Please ensure a moderator gets involved now. I will also update this thread as I want to ensure others hear about my side of things now. I gave Ami_junki two chances to resolve via PM but he has chosen otherwise.

Thankyou

ami_junki
16th June 2013, 09:46
Yes this part I am sorry for, I made a mistake with the revision I thought it was a 1D but it was a 2B, but I only had one Amiga 1200 and was not able to change the motherboard if I had wanted to scam you, it was working fine for several hours before I had sent it. I am thinking maybe it is due to the CAPS as they have not been replaced and the freezing can be a cause of the problem, I highly recommend replacing them first before looking for a new motherboard.

fitzsteve
16th June 2013, 11:36
I'll report the post so that a moderator gets involved however I know ami_junkie is a 100% fair and reasonable person I'm sure he will make this good.

What needs to be remembered is this is 20 year old hardware, it can fail at any time and as people we are only human can can make mistakes.

I've sent items that worked when they were sent but arrived damaged and received items that were sold as working and arrived faulty, we tend to forget that these are not brand new items, maybe they're not up to being sent half way around the world.

I've sent Timo a quick PM and suggested what I would do to resolve the issues if this was my sale.

Good luck both of you.

Steve.

ami_junki
16th June 2013, 13:10
Thank you Steve, I passed on your recommendations, unfortunately the same thing happened to me when I bought an Amiga 600, it was sent working but arrived dead but I was lucky as 80sFreak is replacing the CAPS and new CPU, its a shame but as you say it's 20 years old hardware and they will eventually need fixing up its just a matter of when.

---------- Post added at 21:10 ---------- Previous post was at 20:31 ----------

I have refunded 30.00 for new CAPS from Amiga kit, hopefully the new caps should fix the issues.

MiggyLP
16th June 2013, 13:14
I'll report the post so that a moderator gets involved however I know ami_junkie is a 100% fair and reasonable person I'm sure he will make this good.

What needs to be remembered is this is 20 year old hardware, it can fail at any time and as people we are only human can can make mistakes.

I've sent items that worked when they were sent but arrived damaged and received items that were sold as working and arrived faulty, we tend to forget that these are not brand new items, maybe they're not up to being sent half way around the world.

I've sent Timo a quick PM and suggested what I would do to resolve the issues if this was my sale.

Good luck both of you.

Steve.

Hi Steve,

All of what you said is agreeable, In my correspondence to Timo I have said exactly that. I understand we are dealing with 20 yr old equipment, I was not expecting a perfect Amiga, I was only ever expecting what was advertised and discussed. That was an Amiga with a 2B motherboard which was in good working and stable condition. I did not receive this on both counts.

I'm sure you can understand my point of view. I know that I'm new to these boards, however this should not mean I have no rights to call foul when there is definitely reason to do so.

I did give Timo two opportunities to make good before bringing this into the thread. I know he has a good reputation which why I trusted him in the first instance.

I wish his current offer that has just been agreed upon was on the table earlier so we could have resolved this amicably earlier. Anyway, all appears to be resolved after the most recent PMs.

I'll update when the next transaction takes place.

Thankyou.

---------- Post added at 22:14 ---------- Previous post was at 22:12 ----------

Thank you Steve, I passed on your recommendations, unfortunately the same thing happened to me when I bought an Amiga 600, it was sent working but arrived dead but I was lucky as 80sFreak is replacing the CAPS and new CPU, its a shame but as you say it's 20 years old hardware and they will eventually need fixing up its just a matter of when.

---------- Post added at 21:10 ---------- Previous post was at 20:31 ----------

I have refunded 30.00 for new CAPS from Amiga kit, hopefully the new caps should fix the issues.

Thanks Timo,
I have received confirmation of payment. Thankyou.

merlinkv
16th June 2013, 14:00
Hi to all,

Sorry for the delay..... :picard (I'm going crazy with my A1200 tower setup).

Thank you very much for the report Steve :thumbsup:

@MiggyLP

I understand your frustration ... but, unfortunately, these things sometimes happen.

After the refund from @ami_junki, we can consider the matter resolved?

MiggyLP
16th June 2013, 14:05
Hi to all,

Sorry for the delay..... :picard (I'm going crazy with my A1200 tower setup).

Thank you very much for the report Steve :thumbsup:

@MiggyLP

I understand your frustration ... but, unfortunately, these things sometimes happen.

After the refund from @ami_junki, we can consider the matter resolved?

Hi Merlinkv,

Yes matter resolved. Please close it down.

Thanks

merlinkv
16th June 2013, 14:14
OK. Glad to hear this. :thumbsup:

Please don't forget about feedbacks.

I will close this thread now.