PDA

View Full Version : Closed Small Capacity IDE HDD

Chinners
2nd May 2013, 10:23
Thanks to an unnamed auction site, which allows our Far Eastern planetary cohabitants to state they are based in the UK, I'm looking for a small capacity HDD. :double

Form factor fairly unimportant - 2.5" or 3.5"
Size MUST be less than ~500mb (not GB!)
40mb+ preferred
Must be IDE, and working

Prefer UK, as ideally I would like the drive before this coming Sunday.

Sardine
2nd May 2013, 10:42
Ive got I think 219mb 3.5 cant remember exact capacity, wether or not I can get it to you before sunday I dont know.

Its an old ibm dsxxxxx ill have to dig out when I get home tonight.

It was used in an amiga 1200 before I swapped it for cf

AndyLandy
2nd May 2013, 10:53
Thanks to an unnamed auction site, which allows our Far Eastern planetary cohabitants to state they are based in the UK, I'm looking for a small capacity HDD. :double

Don't forget to leave only one star on their DSR rating for delivery time. :(

fitzsteve
2nd May 2013, 10:56
I've had a dig through, the smallest I have is 850mb.

AndyLandy
2nd May 2013, 10:58
What are you putting it into? Just an idea, but what about a CF/IDE adapter and a 512MB CF card?

roy_bates
2nd May 2013, 11:01
What are you putting it into? Just an idea, but what about a CF/IDE adapter and a 512MB CF card?

that thought did cross my mind.

Chinners
2nd May 2013, 11:22

I've tried these in old PCs before, without much success - even the industrial compact flash cards. Maybe I've just had bad luck with the adapters. Newer PCs seem ok.

---------- Post added at 10:22 ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 ----------

Well, thinking about it, I would consider a CF/IDE contraption if it was known to work (as it'd save on postage)

liviux76
2nd May 2013, 11:28
Hello,
I am pretty sure that I have an old 3.5"" hard drive of about 200MB in working order (there is installed a WB 2.1) for one of my A600...
If you are interested I'll check this evening.
Bye, Liviux76

limboy777
2nd May 2013, 11:29
I will have a check as i may have a 40mb one available.

I have managed to use a cf hardrive in a vintage pc but it took a few tries.as the first few adapters from china were rubbish

Chinners
2nd May 2013, 11:34
Ive got I think 219mb 3.5 cant remember exact capacity...
If could could check, that'd be good yeah. I only ask for "before Sunday" as Mrs Chinners is out visiting relatives, so I have a good, long weekend of system building :)

Don't forget to leave only one star on their DSR rating for delivery time. :(
Oh, 1 * all the way, and a big red neg. I hate leaving neg, but being lied to is worse.

If you are interested I'll check this evening.
Hi Liviux76 - I am really trying to source one from the UK, to get it as quickly as possible. Thanks for the offer though :thumbsup:

liviux76
2nd May 2013, 13:40
Hi Liviux76 - I am really trying to source one from the UK, to get it as quickly as possible. Thanks for the offer though :thumbsup:

Hi Chinners!
Don't worry, I understand... :-)
Good luck with your search!
Liviux76

limboy777
12th May 2013, 12:28
Hi I have a 40mb hard drive from my Amstrad Mega pc. It's fully working with no bad sectors. I'll send you a pm

Chinners
12th May 2013, 21:00
I should have had this thread closed long ago... I'm no longer looking, but thanks anyway.