PFS3AIO Manual/User Guide Request

SkydivinGirl

Retro Girl
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
Hi everyone! I'm looking for a manual/User Guide for PFS3AIO. Even something for PFS3 would be good. I'm learning more about the different filesystems and creating mountlists so more information would help me greatly.

For example, I created a bootable CF card with an AmigaOS to access my A4000D hard drive in case I goof something up. My first try at this was to make a FFS partition on the CF card. I was able to boot without issue, but none of my hard drives showed since they are all PFS3AIO format. I thought about creating a device icon to mount each partition, but I cannot do this without more information.

I reformatted the CF card with PFS3AIO and can now see my hard drive, but I still want to learn more about PFS3 and how to access partitions in that format without booting from a PFS3 formatted device.

Thanks!

Heather

hi heather may be contact Toni Wilen who updated pfs3 to aio

I thought that once the FS was in the RDB every OS could see it just fine without extra mountlists and alterations.
Ofc... if HDs are over 4GB then a newer scsi.device would have to be loaded in startup.

Have you tried loading the newer PFS3-AIO romable handler?
Maybe a...
Code:
C:LoadModule L:pfs3_aio-handler
...would suffice

AFAIK not all (or possibly none) device drivers load "orphan" filesystems from RDB. (for example, drive has only FFS partitions and both FFS and PFS3 in RDB, only FFS is loaded)

But PFS3 (and any other FS) should still mount as long as it is included in same drive's RDB as PFS3 partition. Bootable or not bootable.

Check official PFS3 documentation, 99% of it is still valid with PFS3AIO.

Back
Top Bottom