sir_beaker

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Country
England
Region
Alresford
Hi, I am after an Amiga 500 power supply in good condition to power my Amiga 1200 + CF Hard Drive and RAM card if anyone has one to sell? I would need it posted to the Republic of Ireland.

Thanks in advance,

sir_beaker.

I have one or two to sell - I can sort something out tomorrow for you and pm you with what I have... isn't going to be that cheap to post to southern Ireland though... I may have the lightweight old A500 type somewhere in a box...

Thanks for the link Fitzsteve :)

Hopefully Peter has a spare light weight one otherwise I don't mind the heavy one even if the postage is around the £20-30 mark :D

Here is the Power supply... it is a light weight old school stronger A500 type - it's in very good, fully working condition, a little discoloured perhaps... you can see all the output details on picture 2.

Picture 1

AmigaPS_1 by PJH1968, on Flickr

Picture 2

AmigaPS_2 by PJH1968, on Flickr

I will have to check out just exactly how much it will be to post to the Republic of Ireland tomorrow when I go to the post office - I sell these supplies for £10.00 plus postage (buyer pays paypal fees or pays via gift option) if this looks and sounds ok, let me know and I will get the postage price, cheers, Peter

Thanks for the info - I never knew the lighter one had more power. I just assumed the more power the better.

No worries, the 5v is the important one on the Amiga, as you can see in Peter's pics his 'light' PSU has 4.5amps on the 5v which is ideal. The heavier one I believe has 4.3amps and A600/A1200 a lot less!

I guess this was due to big power hungry side cars on the A500's! Makes them pretty good choices for expanded A1200's tho!

I always kept this as a spare to be honest.

I always used the really heavy weight A500 power supplies with my A1200, running a Blizzard 1260 and my 1260 Apollo and I never had a power issue with the heavy weight PSU's.

This lighter type is better for sending out of the UK though!!

ive got both the heavy and the light one there isent really much in it as far as power goes,but the lighter one would be better for sending in the post the heavy one really is heavy.

ive also got a heavy 600 supply,not much good power wise though.

Thanks Peter and everyone. Hopefully the extra power from the PSU will sort out the graphical issues I am experiencing. I've got my old school mate coming over from the UK to visit at the end of June and we used to play on his Amiga 1200 back in the day so I am hoping to have it fully working by then as a bit of a trip down memory lane while downing a few beers (y)

All wrapped and ready to go - will be in the post tomorrow - cheers.

Payment received and feedback left.

Great news - thanks for the feedback.

Can be closed - thanks Amibay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom