Closed RDRAM (RAMBUS) memory, anyone....??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
I have just acquired a Fujitsu Siemens Euroline P4 PC that I have discovered, on opening the case, is equipped with RDRAM 800Mhz memory, which is a first for me as I've not had a machine with RDRAMs before.

The machine currently has 2 x 128Mb in there (I think - I've not powered it up yet) and I would like to boost the memory to something a little higher than 256Mb. There are four slots, two of which are filled with the continuity boards.

So, does anyone have any RAMBUS memory going spare?

Thanks

Merlin, i have 2x128mb sticks here. I have offered these up in the recycle bin for the cost of postage before but no takers.
I have no idea if they work as they came in a box of memory and i have no machine to test them on but they're yours if you want them.

They look like this

AIU.jpg

Cool!! Those are the exact ones in this machine. Let me know the postage costs and I'll sort you out with payment.

Ta

Merlin

If you have any problems Merlin, gimme a call. I have 2 x 256Mb Modules, but afaik, they are Rambus 4200 (Rambus 2) I think.

Kin

If you have any problems Merlin, gimme a call. I have 2 x 256Mb Modules, but afaik, they are Rambus 4200 (Rambus 2) I think.

Kin

It's OK matey; Mike has sorted me out just fine.

Now all I need is a heatsink and fan that will allow me to use a Socket 423 to Socket 478 adapter that I have, along with a 2.8Ghz, 800Mhz FSB P4 chip - it should fly along quite nicely if it all works together. The original heat sink and fan won't be up to the heat and the retaining clips will need to be longer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom