Blogger
Rating - 100%
1040   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Hi!

I want to play Disk images on my C64, it's completely stock.

I've tried Paradroid90's 1541 U2, it's an awesome bit of kit but way out of my league (price & feature wise) I really just want a solution to play a few Games. :)

I understand there are much simpler devices that can be used in conjunction with a fast loader cartridge? I'm not to familiar with the C64 to be honest but Paradroid90 has been trying to teach me!

Ideally it should have SD card storage for many games and an easy menu system to load Games.

Please let me know what you have, cash paid or can trade Amiga/Console items. I'm at Revival on Sat/Sun if you are going too!

Thanks for reading and please let me know a bit of info about what you're offering! (y)

Cheers,

Steve.

Hi,

Have you considered getting an Easyflash cartridge? It is pretty good and loading is instant - downside is that it is not possible to play multi-loading games. I have EasyFlash 3 (not for sale :p ) - it is pretty awesome.

Hope that helps! (y)

Have been considering this myself, and was thinking of building a PC<->C64 cable, for example the XE1541. I think this would allow me to use an old PC (Win7 will probably never work) as the disk drive for the real C64.

Edit: If you're boring you could also just buy the finished cable. :)

Win 7 does work and mine was x64 also.

I gave up with XE1541 as clumsy and needing a PC next to your C64

So I got a C64SD v2.0 Infinity card in a group buy a while back, was worth every penny. strange browsing a 2gb SD card from the C64 and worked great.

http://www.manosoft.it/?p=1&lang=en

Sdiec

Sdiec

Yes go with the sdiec. It will do what you need it to. At a good price. If you have other cbm machines you can use it on those to.

Last edited:
I would prefer the C64SD v2.0 Infinity card as it has if you need, Pass through to attach a real 1541 etc and a tape pass through. so you can transfer between them.

Steve, if you hang on until the show, Keith and I will have a bunch of SD2IECs in cases to sell just under £30 too.

My ideal inexpensive solution would be the uIEC/SD or IEC2SD and an EasyFlash cartridge. This combination is versatile and fairly inexpensive. (y) I've got the 1541 Ultimate II and still use my uIEC/SD constantly.

Good luck!

Heather

if you hang on until the show, Keith and I will have a bunch of SD2IECs in cases to sell just under £30 too.

great stuff i pmd keith if he was bringing any put me on the list phil

if you hang on until the show, Keith and I will have a bunch of SD2IECs in cases to sell just under £30 too.

Shame I did not know this before as just ordered an uncased version for my C16 .......... Bugger lol :)

Woo, so zetro's sd adapters are coming at last, he mentioned them at replay last year to me... but Im not going to revival, Im guessing there will be a thread on here once he has them?

Great stuff! Please let us know what you end up getting. Also, go to CSDb and search for EasyFlash. You'll see all the amazing stuff available for it. Also, a SD2IEC or uIEC/SD is the easiest device to use to program the EasyFlash cartridge.

Heather

The C64SD "Infinity", the SD2IEC and the micro-IEC devices are basically the very same device, only the form factor and sizes are different.

Get the one you like most and that's it.

Also go after a JiffyDOS ROM, the above devices benefits from it by a large margin!

Thanks for all the info guys (y)

@r0jaws don't forget to bring them, I'll bring some $$$ :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom