Rating - 100%
232   0   0
Country
Greece
Region
Corfu
Hello Forum friends

My 6800GT AGP graphics card in my mediacentre pc is beginning to die on me :(

Any kind soul have a similar card they would like to get rid of please..

Thanks ;)

Does it need to be 6800 Bas?
I have a GF440/128mb you can have for free if it works for you :)

really doubt that a win7 driver exists for that card... google shows the usual "beta" vista drivers... will have a looksie tomorrow in case I have a better one for you that I don't remember Bas :)

really doubt that a win7 driver exists for that card... google shows the usual "beta" vista drivers... will have a looksie tomorrow in case I have a better one for you that I don't remember Bas :)

Cheers buddy, most kind of you.

;)

128MB GeForce FX5200 AGP 4x/8x card, pulled from a working machine many moons ago, I have no reason to believe it doesnt work :)

Yours gratis, please PM me your address if you want it (y)

Attachments

• DSCF3946.jpg
    DSCF3946.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF3947.jpg
    DSCF3947.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF3949.jpg
    DSCF3949.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 0
got a 5200 128mb here in a P4 3ghz HT and it fails on dxva decoding above 720p, 1080p gives 100% cpu usage so no hardware decoding.

if all else fails and know one else can help I have a card that might not be suitable for a Media centre (needs good PSU) its currently in a spare amd 2800+ pc, slow by todays standards but the VGA card more than makes up for lack of cpu.

ati x1950 pro 512mb agp.
specs here DXVA supported.
http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?psn=000101&pid=64&lid=1

yours bas for postage if now one else can help.

the above link is the specs.
this is the card I have, large fan and power connectors might be too much for HTPC.
http://www.hisdigital.com/un/product2-2.shtml

Gave up trying to sell the pc.
https://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=27552

Last edited:
@taj

Thanks for the kind offer my friend but I had to upgrade my mediacentre from a 5200 to the 6800 a couple of years ago as the cpu was getting flogged and it couldnt cope with higher video requirements as sardine also states.
Much appreciated though (y)

@sardine
Awesome card my friend, I do have an uprated psu in my shuttle mediacentre as the 6800 also needs an additional 12v feed.
But I dont think I am going to be able to fit that beauty inside the case from a width and length point of view :LOL:
Again your kindness is much appreciated.

Thanks both
TC :)

took a look Bas, sadly the best AGP card I have is the "POV GeForce4MX 4000 128MB"

Yup I doubt the x1950 would fit in a shuttle. It takes 2 backplate spaces and it's long. I can measure it tonight if you want to try squeeze it in.

Another option is to swap the x1950 with some here with a 6800 etc if they wanted the extra horse power in thier pc. The x1950 is a very underrated card much in line with the later hd3xxx and hd4xxx cards. Lack of dx10 turns people away. But fully windows7 aero compatible.

Hiho,

I'll look into my hardware box, thought there should be a 6800XT or LE with 128 Megs inside - was running until last autumn in my old XP3200+ system.

By then
Daniel

Hello TheCorfiot,

here it is, the real gem :D

Point of View Geforce 6800XT 128MB GDDR3
has DVI, VGA and TV-out (S-Video)

in good condition, clean and without optical defects

I have to test it these days.
Please send me a PM if you are interested, thanks.

Daniel
https://www.amibay.com/member.php?u=460

Attachments

• _IMG_7775.jpg
    _IMG_7775.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 2
Pretty sure I have an x1600 pro you can have for postage, if you like. Might need to refurbish the fan though :)

Ok, here are two pictures of the working part.
Sorry for the flying cables etc, but it's only a test environment :D

BTW, the fan is working wonderful (on the pic it looks like it doesn't work), when the driver is loaded the speed control keeps the fan quiet enough.

Send you a PM.

Attachments

• _IMG_7776.jpg
    _IMG_7776.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 0
  • _IMG_7777.jpg
    _IMG_7777.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom