AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
139   0   0
Country
Uk
Region
Lancashire
As per title, Im looking for a buster 11 chip for an Amiga 4000.

Please PM me with offers.

Im going to send it to BEBEK but I need to send him just the motherboard, daughterboard and ram but haven't had the time to strip it. Ive also just bought some memory from fitzsteve as I am unsure if the memory in the a4000 has been damaged.

I will see if bebek does the buster sockets.

Thanks for that Taj. Looking at the pic, I need a socket. (My buster 9 is soldered). I am now looking for a scoket to put the buster 11 in.
Have you had it recapped yet? If not, get the buster socket in place, the caps done and the SIMM sockets replaced all at once :)

I can fit socket but recommend not to, these sockets are surface mount and difficult to fit without damage, some people removing bottom support but then it is falling apart very quickly and become intermittent. It is better to solder IC direct for problem less future (y). I got sockets BTW.

I can fit socket but recommend not to, these sockets are surface mount and difficult to fit without damage, some people removing bottom support but then it is falling apart very quickly and become intermittent. It is better to solder IC direct for problem less future (y). I got sockets BTW.

Thanks bebek for your response. I fit is better to fit the buster 11 directly then I will prefer this. I am hoping to take the parts out of the case tomorrow but wife wants to go shopping:nuts:

If I bought the buster 11 from amigakit could you solder this on directly as part of the job? I should also receive 2 X 8mb simms from fitzsteve that may need to be installed (i dont know if the existing memory is damaged).

@roy_bates
thank you heaps...the socket looks good and undamaged, the A4000 is working OK. Should i upgrade the buster anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom