AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
128   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Lancashire
Hi all,

I'm in need of a 1mb chip ram expansion for my trusty A600. If anyone is willing to sell one for a reasonable price then pease let me know! Cheers, Dan (y)

Vesalia have some of these in stock at the moment, if you'd like a new one:

http://www.vesalia.de/e_a603.htm

That would be around £35 and then the shipping cost from Germany... i was looking to spend around £25 for a used fully working expansion :) Cheers for link though, i could use Vesalia or Amigakit as a last resort but i don't really want to spend more than my A600 is worth (y)

You know you can expand the memory of A600 to full 2Mb yourself, if you want. Right?:ninja:

You know you can expand the memory of A600 to full 2Mb yourself, if you want. Right?:ninja:

Yep :) but i will still need to buy 2 x 512k chips to do the mod... I prefer to go the easy root and use a trapdoor expansion :D

My A600 currently has a Marpet M604A expansion card with 4 simms installed but the slightest knock or bit of movement causes it to stop functioning! I've tested it in 3 different A600's and it's the same. It does not fit very securely and i'm wondering if it's a problem that exists with all Marpet A600 expansions?

Yes, that's a very well known problem with this heavy expansion.

Gravity claims its price over it.

....the slightest knock or bit of movement causes it to stop functioning! I've tested it in 3 different A600's and it's the same. It does not fit very securely and i'm wondering if it's a problem that exists with all Marpet A600 expansions?

maybe you can fix it with some hot glue gun...

Chris

....the slightest knock or bit of movement causes it to stop functioning! I've tested it in 3 different A600's and it's the same. It does not fit very securely and i'm wondering if it's a problem that exists with all Marpet A600 expansions?

Chris

Maybe but it's the cleanest, whitest and best condition A600 I've seen since new! I dont want to mess about with it too much and just opening the case to install a hard drive was scary enough (did not want to snap any case clips :D).

Chris

Maybe but it's the cleanest, whitest and best condition A600 I've seen since new! I dont want to mess about with it too much and just opening the case to install a hard drive was scary enough (did not want to snap any case clips :D).

In that case, you'll probably want to steer clear of the A603 too. That'll require modding/removal of the top RF shield, and can't be installed through the trapdoor slot, you have to dismantle the machine to get it in.

In that case, you'll probably want to steer clear of the A603 too. That'll require modding/removal of the top RF shield, and can't be installed through the trapdoor slot, you have to dismantle the machine to get it in.

Quite a few A600's were actually shipped without the top RF shield when sold new... I've only ever come across 1 A600 with both the top and bottom RF shields :)
Is it actually impossible to install it through the trapdoor or just very difficult?

alternative, if you don't want to open the case:

use the same expansion, but put under the expansion's pcb some paper or plastic (from jiffybags) or a piece of polyethylene pad, (not too thick) then when you clip back the trapdoor, this will hold the expansion firm.

Chris

Quite a few A600's were actually shipped without the top RF shield when sold new... I've only ever come across 1 A600 with both the top and bottom RF shields :)
Is it actually impossible to install it through the trapdoor or just very difficult?

Without taking out the RF shield: IMPOSSIBLE.

A hot glue gun will make wonders for your problem. Or a replacement A601/A602/A603...

Without taking out the RF shield: IMPOSSIBLE.

A hot glue gun will make wonders for your problem. Or a replacement A601/A602/A603...

Well my A600 does not have the top RF shield so i guess it will be possible but difficult to install without pulling the case apart?
I will try something similar to what xc8 mentioned and will place a thick rubber lining to the trapdoor and see if it keeps my old Marpet in place... but in the meantime i'm still on the lookout for another A600 chip ram expansion (y)

I have an A601 spare, actually it sat more snug than the A602, which also had an insane battery solution with a velcroed on AA battery :wooha: But I chose it for the smaller size, so I'd be happy to sell you the A601 - but not if postage eats up too much of the 25 quid...

Postage for 250-500g is 8 bob. I'll be happy to sell it to you, could you add 1 quid I'd be even happier :bowdown:

The bob and quid stuff are due to my keyboard lacking the pound sign if you're wondering...

Let me know if you want it and I'll send it tomorrow.

PM sent with payment information if Powerpie decides to buy.

@ Photon, Thanks very much for the offer but i've just bought one from an EAB member (Lorfarius).

This thread can be closed now, Cheers (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom