Not open for further replies.

edd_jedi

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
London
As mentioned in my project thread, I am moving to a new flat in a couple of months time and it's looking like I'm no longer going to have space to have my A4000 set up :( I'm going to try my hardest to resist selling the machine as I've spent so long working on it, but I've decided I can't justify keeping the Cyberstorm accelerator if I'm not going to be using it that much.

What you get - Cyberstorm Mk1 with 68040 @ 40MHz, FPU, fan attached to CPU, and RAM board loaded with 64MB. Please note - one of the RAM sockets has been replaced, but it works perfectly. Also, I could not get more than 64MB to work but I am pretty sure the extra sticks I had were faulty as they crashed the computer when installed on their own.

I have attached a photo of it in place plus a SysInfo photo. EDIT: Now removed from my A4000, photos below.

It is rock solid, I've used it for many hours over the last 6 months and it is working perfectly. This card is fast enough to run Doom and ScummVM at a decent frame rate, which is the main reason I bought it :)

Price: £225 £200 £175 SOLD! + shipping. I will ship for free in the UK :) I will happily send anywhere internationally at your expense. Please bare in mind this is nearly 20 years old so no warranty is included.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 2
  • photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Hi. Just to clarify: There is no SCSI ?

...oh...I see in your signature now that no, there is not :)
....still, I'm considering declaring, but I have alot of hardware incoming and I don't really know if a CS is in the budget right now. Nice card for a nice price tho'

Last edited:
I have now removed it from my A4000 so here are some photos.

Attachments

• cyberstorm1.jpg
    cyberstorm1.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 1
  • cyberstorm2.jpg
    cyberstorm2.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 1
  • cyberstorm3.jpg
    cyberstorm3.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 1
  • cyberstorm4.jpg
    cyberstorm4.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 1
Interested, sedning PM

---------- Post added at 15:48 ---------- Previous post was at 15:33 ----------

Money sent :-D

Card received, very well packed (y) I'll try to test it today, but this will be hard task due lack of time :-/

Card works only when Amiga set to INT, and here is written than should works on EXT: http://www.bigbookofamigahardware.com/bboah/product.aspx?id=1414
Maybe something is wrongly set on main CS board.

Card isn't stable in my Amiga :-/ Second, I can't run Amiga with more than 64MB, get yellow screen if have more then two simm inserted.
I must ask friend of mine who have A4000D with CS MK I 68060 to test it in his machine.

Hi, I'm glad it arrived safely. As for crashing with more than 64MB installed, this was mentioned in my first post:

Please note - one of the RAM sockets has been replaced, but it works perfectly. Also, I could not get more than 64MB to work but I am pretty sure the extra sticks I had were faulty.

But with the 64MB I included installed, it should be rock solid. No crashes in 6 months in my A4000. Feel free to PM me if you have any further problems.

@ Mods:

I've been discussing this with FLOPS via PM. My listing clearly stated that I could not get more than 64MB to work, and the item was priced accordingly. FLOPS asked for a partial refund but I am not willing to offer one as I had declared the possible fault and had already significantly reduced the item.

I have offered a refund minus postage if he sends it back, but he is not willing to do that. Although I am trying to work out a resolution, I don't feel my listing was misleading and I also stated that due to the age of the hardware it was sold as seen.

Open to suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom