Status
Not open for further replies.

Countraven

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Country
GREECE
Hello folks.

I am looking for a floppy disk drive for my Amiga 4000 on a reasonable price. It has to be an original or third party one, but suitable for Amiga 4000, it has to be able to read hd disks and fit well on the faceplate of 4000. I live on Greece and I can paypal.

I can bring one with me to my trip to Greece this July.

Last edited:
@Superman

Thanks for the tip! But I am not living in Athens anyway so postage would be needed.

@oldman1000

I can afford €40 if this price includes postage and paypal fees. Let me know! Thanks!

Ok thanks! 40-45 euro is what I can afford for now -postage included-. Hope that someone from Greece has a spare for me, to save some postage!

I'll see what I have. I might have one that needs repair. I know I have a box somewhere with two or three drives in it. If I find one spare in that box, you can have it for €40 incl postage. But if I only find one that needs repair, do you want one for postage(€30)?

ATM I need a working one cause my FDD died also and I am trying to locate someone who can repair it. Thanks. Keep me posted!

Checking shipping costs...

Superman

Last edited:
@Superman

Sure, thanks a lot.

My post code is 84 100 Greece.

And there is also another option that I thought of.

Sine you are coming in Athens, we can possible arrange a meeting with a friend of mine in Athens, you can give him the drive and he can pay you right away. If postage is too expensive and this is an option for you, please pm me and we can sort the details.

Last edited:
@marmes

Can you check postage to Greece for me as well? Thanks. If I should post it in the original sale thread, no problem, I can do it let me know.

Shipping cost is €14 so this make it €54 BUT it will be very easy for me to met with your friend in Athens.Let me know and I will take it with me.
It is almost brand new NOS bought many years ago, tested and is perfect

Superman

Last edited:
Thanks to all of you for your kind and helpful replies.

I would need to wait for a friend to confirm that he has one for sale, he lives locally. So would get back to you the next hours.

@Marmes: PM Replied.

@Superman

Extra thanks for willing to carry the item to Greece.

In your case I got to find if someone is willing to get this meeting you in Athens. I have someone that probably would be able to do so but I need to ask. So I will have your offer in mind keep you posted for the case that we can make a deal for a hand in hand exchange. Extra thanks again!

I have some updates to this:

a. The spare FDD that my local friend has is from an Amiga 500, so no joy!
b. Also I can not find anyone who would be in Athens the dates stated through the kind offer of Superman for a hand to hand sale (by the way thanks a lot for that Sir).

So:

I PMed Marmes and arranged a deal for his offered FDD for Amiga 4000. (y)

Sadly I will need my spare drive as the one in my A4000 is not working properly anymore...

Good luck,
Superman

Last edited:
I was a little late sending the $$$ to Marmes due to a couple of two busy days that kept me in the office being not able to leave even for 10 minutes to go to the bank for debit card filling.

Anyway I have now filled my debit with 50 euros plus some coins for the paypal fees. If someone is willing to offer a 4000 high density FDD for that price including postage to Greece -84 100-, please reply ASAP!

Superman is your offer still available? If you accept 50 euros I can paypal RIGHT NOW and you can send it to me.

Other offers via pm or here in this thread are more than welcome :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom