arnljot

Dad, gamer, nerd, amigian
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Country
Oslo
Region
Oslo
It's working, and it's yours for €80 + Shipping + PayPal fees (3.4%)

PayPal fees can be avoided either by PayPal gift or SEPA bank transfer.

European shipping is about €30, cheaper untracked options are available.

This card seems to be a intermediate version of the 3cc, but with the 26pin expansion port.

3cc because:
- It has the BNC
- It has only one IDE

but:
- It has the 26 pin port that the 3cc isn't supposed to have

attachment.php

From the X-Surf Wiki
X-Surf is a 10MBit networking card for Zorro II slots. In addition to that, it features non-autobooting IDE ports, two clockports and a 26-pin expansion port.
  • PPPoE drivers included
  • broadband internet without expensive additional software!
  • for all Amigas with Zorro-Slots
  • compatible with A1200 Zorro boards: Z4, Mikronik, RBM
  • Auto-negotiation acc. to IEEE 802.3, 10Base2 and 10Base-T supported
  • BNC and Twisted-pair (RJ-45) connectors
  • automatic Choice of the used connector
  • 20MBit transfer rate (fullduplex, twisted-pair only)
  • 16KByte buffermem for maximum performance
  • Autoprefetch for another increase of performance
  • automatic polarity correction for 10Base-T
  • Realtek chipset
  • Noise Filter Bus Interface ensures proper function in heavy-loaded Zorro-systems
  • compatible with Miami, Genesis, AmiTCP and all TCP/IP Stacks that can access a Sana-2 driver
  • Sana-2 driver included, NetBSD driver available in the latest distribution
  • Nordic Global has announced an MNI driver for X-Surf in Miami
  • all programming docs open (for Linux-drivers)

multiple expansion possibilities
  • two clockports for A1200 expansions such as Silversurfer and Hypercom3+
  • 26-pin expansion port just like Buddha/Catweasel Z-II controllers
  • two IDE ports 3,5" and 2,5" for harddisks and CD-Roms
  • all expansion ports are independant from each other and can also be used at the same time
X-Surf ("Cross-surf") is the cheapest network card you can find for Zorro-Amiga computers, but looking at the functionality, it does not have to hide behind it's competitors. Although the included software is reduced to a minimum, the full performance that you expect from a network card can be reached with OS 3.5. Since the TCP/IP stack is already included in the operating system, you don't have to pay for it again with the network card. Everything you need is the X-Surf's Sana-2 driver to make the TCP/IP stack of your choice work with it.

The large variety of expansion possibilities is an unparalleled added value for most Amiga users. Most users are short of Zorro-slots, so the possibility to connect a serial interface like the Silversurfer or the Hypercom3+ module can solve most space-problems in your Amiga. Since there's two clock-ports on the X-Surf, you can connect two Silversurfer boards at a time. Both can be accessed with the same silversurfer.device, just use the next unit number. The clock-ports are two fully-featured ports that are hardware-compatible with the pin header in A1200 computers. The driver software for A1200 expansions only has to be modified in some details in order to make the add-ons work with the X-Surf. There are no conflicts between the ports already present in the system (A1200, the four clock-ports of the Z4 board or the Buddha Flash port) and the new clock-ports of the X-Surf - they all can be used at the same time.

The two IDE-ports should be considered as a free add-on. The ports should not be considered as full IDE ports, because you can't boot from them, and the timing is not configurable. If you want these functions, we recommend a Buddha Flash controller. The IDE ports are to be considered as temporary solutions if you want to connect a 2,5" harddrive to an A2000, A3000 or A4000 without buying further equipment such as a 3,5inch -> 2,5inch adapter. Owners of an A3000 for example can boot off a SCSI harddisk, and activate a cheap IDE harddrive and an Atapi CD-Rom with the IDE drivers. You shouldn't use a CD-writer on these ports, because only one IO-request at a time can be issued by the X-Surf controller. That means a preemptive use of IDE devices - necessary for CD-writers - is impossible on the X-Surf. For this purpose we recommend a Buddha Flash controller.

Finally there is to emphasize that all expansion ports can be used at the same time. For going to extremes, you can use a Hypercom3+ module, a Silversurfer on one, a Catweasel MK2 on the other clock-port, and four IDE/Atapi devices at the same time while the network functions are not affected. All this occupies only one of your precious zorro-slots!
EDIT: Price journey, 150->140->100->80

Last edited:
Updated info, not sure it's an X-Surf 2. It's some sort of X-Surf 3cc. I've also reduced the price from €150 to €140, and now to 100

Last edited:
Interested. Next in line, (pending postage costs to the UK, of course)

(y)

Smok1112 has passed due to high cost of shipping, Andy next up to pass? :ninja:

Andy, I'm leaving Oslo this weekend for vacation. So it would be nice concluding our deal before the weekend ;)

Andy, I'm leaving Oslo this weekend for vacation. So it would be nice concluding our deal before the weekend ;)

This Monday, you became your own boss. You are on vacation this weekend. You have this management thing sorted out alright (y)

This Monday, you became your own boss. You are on vacation this weekend. You have this management thing sorted out alright (y)

LOL, indeed. My business partner and I had a long chat on the phone on monday. We did had a few laughs at the fact that the first thing we do is to go on vacation.

But on a serious note, it's timed this way. Both with respect to our clients who also have vacation, and to our finances. This way we don't have any expenses while there is also no income. It'll be like this for the month of july.

If transaction does not work, I declare interest if shipping to USA zip 08065 is not too high.

Thanks

Ray.

And the award for "most ludicrously overpackaged X-Surf goes to..."

"...Arnljot!"

So, you completely threw me, I wasn't sure what I was expecing in a box as large as the one that arrived today! However, I'm delighted to say that the X-Surf 3cc has reached me in one piece and is now inserted into my A3000, where it shows up in the autoconfig boards list.

I'll give it a more thorough test some time in the near future, see if I can get it all AmiTCP'd up. In the mean time, I'm off to leave you some +ve feedback!

(y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom