Akira

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Country
United States
Region
New York
Does anybody in the LONDON area (or quite nearby) have a 1084S monitor for sale? Fully working condition, good tube condition (no phosphor burn-in), dont care about case condition. Can be ywllow, can be scratched, slightly broken, control panel lid missing, etc.

Actually anything that has both Luma/Chroma + RGB connectors would work for me. I want to use it with a C64 and an Amiga. Does the 1902 have all these connectrors? What about the 1081?

Cheers

I have working 1081 and cable for Amiga 2000. I live in Putney. Collection only. :)

I have working 1081 and cable for Amiga 2000. I live in Putney. Collection only. :)

Well the 1081 does not have the Luma/Chroma connectors, neither does the 1942.
I need a monitor with both RGB and Luma/Chroma.

Thank for the Phillips tip, Roy. I didn't know it also had L/C connectors.

EDIT: actually scratch that, the Phillips monitors does NOT have the Luma/Chroma connector. Only the 1084 has this as far as I know.

I'm still looking for a 1084 or 1084S in the LONDON area or nearby. No european offers, no out-of-London UK offers either.

1084s

1084s

I'm still looking for a 1084 or 1084S in the LONDON area or nearby. No european offers, no out-of-London UK offers either.

Hi there
I have a 1084s monitor which I'd be willing to sell. Sending you a PM.

Regards
A

---------- Post added at 19:15 ---------- Previous post was at 19:03 ----------

Hi there
I have a 1084s monitor which I'd be willing to sell. Sending you a PM.

Regards
A

Apparently I can't pm you because I am a new user. Oh we'll perhaps ill try again after some more posts.

All the best
Adam

The philips won't do. It doens't have the necessary C64 connections.

Still looking for a 1084 that has Luma/Chroma plus a SCART socket.

Last edited:
S-Video

S-Video

The other option is to use a display that accepts S-Video input (sometimes incorrectly described as an SVHS input - the confusion occurred because S-Video was often used on SVHS VCRs for higher quality!).

The S-Video does L/C, you just need to wire an S-Video plug to the correct pins on the C-64 DIN plug (or find one already made on eBay).

This will provide more options for you since you can even get some LCD TVs with S-Video as well as older CRT displays (although sometimes they are labelled SVHS - see above!). That way you are not limited to a 1084.

When looking don't forget that some SCART based systems can support S-Video as well. The SCART definition does not officially support S-Video (just composite and RGB), but it is sometime available. Just get a SCART adaptor on eBay with S-Video.

Hope this helps! My C-64s and C-128s look pretty funky on my 23" LCD display! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom