PDA

View Full Version : Closed A4000 mainboard

Celleke
16th February 2010, 13:34
Hello,

I'm looking for a working A4000 mainboard. Kickstart roms not required.
Or if you have chips for this board, also perfect.
Thanks

Amiga-Digital
16th February 2010, 13:58
Hello,

I'm looking for a working A4000 mainboard. Kickstart roms not required.
Or if you have chips for this board, also perfect.
Thanks

is your a4000 board dead ???

lock at www.amiga-digital.nl

Celleke
17th February 2010, 09:44
Well, I have a black screen. So I suppose it's dead.
Can I buy the chips instead of sending my board?
Thanks

Kin Hell
17th February 2010, 12:11
@ Celleke

You're probably better off sending the board tbh. - Unless of course you are self-skilled in the art of Hardware Diagnostics, removal & repair of course. ;)

I can not vouch for the guy doing these repairs in Holland. I'm use to the services from Anthony Hoffman (http://amiga.serveftp.net/) in NZ.

Kin

TheCorfiot
17th February 2010, 21:26
I second Kinny's recomendation.
Anthony is a real Gentleman & a master of his craft indeed.

TC :nod:

Amiga-Digital
17th February 2010, 22:02
@ Celleke

You're probably better off sending the board tbh. - Unless of course you are self-skilled in the art of Hardware Diagnostics, removal & repair of course. ;)

I can not vouch for the guy doing these repairs in Holland. I'm use to the services from Anthony Hoffman (http://amiga.serveftp.net/) in NZ.

Kin

i have repair 5 baord for people here in the netherlands , and all the 5 people are real have that the 4000 works 100% , and i'am also the guy ho go the copyrichts from w.a.w and have made the Bigram-600 , you can read the most about me on google ,

i can give about 75% to bring a a4000 back to live

Kin Hell
18th February 2010, 02:59
@ Amiga-Digital

I didn't do any research to even realise you were pimping your own business m8. :huh:
I was not dissing you in any manner. Just emphasising what we already know about Anthony Hoffman's capabilities.

Perhaps you might like to consider approaching the Mods about getting your name in the Hardware Service section here on AmiBay?

All the Best,

Kin

Celleke
18th February 2010, 09:02
Thanks all for replying, but I will never send my board.
I have experience enough to replace chips & roms.
So again, the question: I'm looking for a board or chips.

Amiga-Digital
18th February 2010, 09:11
@ Amiga-Digital

I didn't do any research to even realise you were pimping your own business m8. :huh:
I was not dissing you in any manner. Just emphasising what we already know about Anthony Hoffman's capabilities.

Perhaps you might like to consider approaching the Mods about getting your name in the Hardware Service section here on AmiBay?

All the Best,

Kin

i hope so ( hahaha )

cheers

rkauer
18th February 2010, 16:39

Which chips you really need? I have a completely dismantled board here, where I extract chips from.

Namely a bridgette, Ramsey 7 (I was keeping it for the unlikely possibility of grabbing a DMAC4 for the A3000D I'll grab next month), Buster 11, Fat Gary -02, Paula, Alice, CBM Lisa & 2x CIA.

If you don't need the Ramsey, the set will cost you 30.00, plus postage. More 25.00 for postage from Brazil.

Kin Hell
18th February 2010, 16:43

Which chips you really need? I have a completely dismantled board here, where I extract chips from.

Namely a bridgette, Ramsey 7 (I was keeping it for the unlikely possibility of grabbing a DMAC4 for the A3000D I'll grab next month), Buster 11, Fat Gary -02, Paula, Alice, CBM Lisa & 2x CIA.

If you don't need the Ramsey, the set will cost you ₢30.00, plus postage. More ₢25.00 for postage from Brazil.

What currency is this rkauer? ₢ ?

I know it isn't bananas. :D

Kin

rkauer
18th February 2010, 16:55
Stupid keyboard: it means € ;)

J.T.Kirk
18th February 2010, 17:02
This happens to be a southern american variation of the euro sign.:p

Celleke
18th February 2010, 23:50
@rkauer (http://amibay.com/member.php?u=268),

Thanks for offering. I will have a look which one i need. I have a black screen so i suppose it will take me some time to figure it out.

rkauer
19th February 2010, 03:39
Also on the package as a bonus: a pair of 3.0 ROM, suitable for A4000D only.

Of course, if you need just a single chip the prices will go lower and lower.

Celleke
19th February 2010, 13:48
Thanks Rkauer. I will do my best to find out next week.
I don't have experience with black screens on amiga, only other colours :-)

rkauer
20th February 2010, 17:22
Usually black screen means a problem in either the CPU, mobo jumpers (CPU related, of course) or devalidated HD (you'll see the HD activity LED dimmed and black screen).

Also, sometimes the problem is related with a few TTL surrounding the CPU/accelerator connector. When this happens, do a thorough test in the power supply!

Kin Hell
20th February 2010, 19:14
Just to add:

If it's CPU related, there is a Keyboard test.

As soon as you turn the Amiga on, press the "Caps Lock" key at 1 second intervals. The LED should go, "on - off - on - off - on.... in continuous cycle. If it locks on or off and stops responding, it's a CPU problem. - Period! :nod:

Obviously, if it is a CPU problem , there will be no Hard Drive activity on the Hard Drive LED, even if lit.

Clever C=. :thumbsup:

Kin

Celleke
21st February 2010, 22:38
Ok. Thanks all. Will have to spend some time to investigate. I will let u know.
Cheers

Scandal
25th February 2010, 19:14
there is a 4000 T motherboard for sale on ebay at the mo might be of interest .