In Finem Vobis Videtur De Christiana
VIP
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Country
Hellas
Region
Cydonia
I'm searching to buy a chipset cooler with fan. Must be 3cm no more, as I bought an Akasa one at 4cm and it doesn't fit on CyberVisionPPC.

The 4cm looks like this one

PER.805695.jpg

Also, is there any other solution to put something on the Permedia chip?

I am going to order from a supplier later, they have a 2.5cm fan...

Manufacturer: AKASA
Manufacturer Part No: AK-189BK-2B

Description
  • FAN, PC CASE, 2.5CM, 2 PIN
  • External Depth:10mm
  • External Length / Height:25mm
  • External Width:25mm
  • Flow Rate, Imperial:2.5cu.ft/min
  • Noise:24.76dB
  • Supply Voltage DC:12V dc
now cost to me is £6.38 UKP which if you wanted one I would let you have at same price + delivery.

You can of course now go look for one local with the above maufacturer code :)

Gary

Yes, Gary I found the one, but I really need one with a cooler underneath (as like the photo).

If you already have heatsink you can cut it down to size, fans usualy just screw into heatsink fins and heatsink is usualy soft metal for cutting.

You don't sound so sure Phantom, but it's true. A lot does depend on the kind of Heatsink you hack down though. ;)

Kin

It's better to find a 3cm-ready one. So of anyone have one, please inform me. Thanx.:)

I'll have a look in my Box-O-Stuff. There may be some crappy PC graphics cards that I can steal a HSF from.

As a hint: look for an ancient Pentium MMX "box" heatsink+fan. They are low profile enough to fit in the PPC chip.

Of course, you need to use a double-sided glue pad on it.

cooler

cooler

On the graphics card that has the bracket you might wan't in the future,

it has a 4,5 cm on 4 "metal cooler part" (blue) without a fan, but you can screw a fan on eh..

Just informing. It is one CM high +- without a fan

Numers taken not by mm.

If you wan't I can have a look and try to screw a fan on, or just hotglue it.

Not exactly sure what you up to, but sure others can help:roll:

I woulld use 2 fans if a chip can die without a fan to be honest.. (for certain if it is expensive amiga hardware)

If there is a guide coming how to properly attach it to the chip, I would be interested to, since they are glued on the graphics card chip, not sure with what they glue with:whistle: Is it just hotglue? in doubt since it creates a space between the chip and coller:nod:

---------- Post added at 21:35 ---------- Previous post was at 21:32 ----------

I have a look in light next day to see if 3x3 fans are in stock to. (garbage pile)

Thanks my friend. Looking forward to hear your discoveries.(y)

did not look

did not look

Did not look for it don't have the time overday time today, but found a 3,5CMx3,5CM, 0,5cm thick cooler in my office desk without cooler, cooler difficult to attach probably with screws.

It doesn't seem that I'll find a heatsink with a fan together soon. :(

Can I use just a heatsink/cooler only? Will do the job?

You can buy self adhesive Thermal pads & pretty much stick anything on it you like. Doesn't the Zallaman NB Blue affair fit on the CVPPC? - I'm sure I've seen some modded ones looking that way & that's a fan-less option. ;)

Kin

CVPPC eh?

ok, get:

1. 40x40mm copper heatsink (hint: ENZOTECH stuff)
35-708-004-02.jpg

2. 40x40x10or20 fan
mini-kaze.jpg

3. thermal adhesive PERMANENT GLUE (not pads, not tape, no pc stuff, search for "thermal adhesive glue" on eBay)
4992_1.JPG

Put some glue on the permedia2 chip, then press firmly the heatsink. Leave it overnight and it will glue there FOREVER. Then add the fan and you are set!

The reason you will use permanent thermal glue is because the permedia chip on the cvppc gets WAY HOTTER than any pc northbridge (where thermal adhesive tape is targeted for). Even self-adhesive heatsinks won't hold (this adhesive is the same used in voodoo3 cards for example).

This can also be bone with great results on the 604e as well, look:

2wpuouv.jpg

nqajd1.jpg

Keropi

You sure spoil us with some beautiful Hardware pr0n this time of the night.
How am I going to sleep now???? (Where is Wifie :p)

Seriously, I've used similar permanent heatsink glue on my 040 & it shows no sign of movement whatsoever

TC :cool:

You are p****-boy. I've told you that 4cm is big for the Permedia chip, I want smaller... :stick:

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom