PDA

View Full Version : Found 2x A4000 IDE cables for HD and optical drive

J.T.Kirk
22nd February 2010, 15:34
Hi, I'm searching a pair of IDE cables for my A4000D. I think that all the little holes must be opened, unlike the pc ones that one isn't, right?

cosmicfrog
22nd February 2010, 16:18
just heat up a pin or paper clip and make a hole, works for me :)

AndyLandy
22nd February 2010, 17:04
Otherwise I can send you some. I have billions of IDE cables. :-)

J.T.Kirk
22nd February 2010, 17:43
Andy you are my hero m8. Please arrange that, please send me some pics, I need the longest (!) one. :p

AndyLandy
22nd February 2010, 18:10
I can glue some together if you need a long one :p

I'll arrange some photos tomorrow (cables are lying around at work)

I suspect most of 'em are 80-core ones, which will be no use to you, but there are a few 40-core ones lying around too.

J.T.Kirk
22nd February 2010, 18:13
Sure, they are A4000D IDE's compatible right? (with all holes open(!)):p

AndyLandy
22nd February 2010, 18:27
I have a mixture of both. I'll make sure you get A4000-compatible ones. (I just have to make sure I keep one back for my own A4000 :D )

AndyLandy
22nd February 2010, 21:21
Ooh, look what I found:

http://www.proggle.net/%7Eandrew/download/idecable.jpg

No, not the A1200. :-)

That is a rather long IDE ribbon I have lying around the place. It has all 40 holes open, and is modelled here across the top of the A1200 partly to give you an idea of the length (and partly for me to get a cheap hardware pr0n shot in) :-)

Yours for the cost of postage. I'll have a rummage through my graphics cards and stuff tomorrow. If you're lucky, I might find one that has both the heatsink and the VGA bracket you're looking for. :thumbsup:

Oh, also, do you definitely need two? The A4000 only has one IDE interface. If you do, I'll see if I can find another, but can't promise anything as long as that one. :-)

J.T.Kirk
22nd February 2010, 22:26
Thanks Andy. Please keep that. Yes, I want two of them, u know just in case...:)

cosmicfrog
22nd February 2010, 23:40
ohh is that a train set I spy andy :)

imnogeek
22nd February 2010, 23:54
ohh is that a train set I spy andy

Andylandy = Geek or Nerd ?? you decide:ninja::D

oops sorry going off topic

Kin Hell
23rd February 2010, 00:37
ohh is that a train set I spy andy :)

ohh is that a train set I spy andy

Andylandy = Geek or Nerd ?? you decide:ninja::D

oops sorry going off topic

@ cosmicfrog

It could be looking at the style of power feed to the rails. :coffee:

@ Gary

& You're not a Geek as a computer Nerd? :lol:

Kin

cosmicfrog
23rd February 2010, 04:13
nothing wrong with haveing a train set, I`ve still gota find room for my N guage stuff, me dad has no hope of setting his ho-oo set up hehehhe

AndyLandy
23rd February 2010, 07:32
Yep, that's my model railway under the A1200 (or at least the beginnings of it) and yes, I'm probably just a little bit geeky. The important question is "Which is more-geeky, the Amigas or the trains?" :-)

@Phantom: That IDE cable is yours, I'll hang on to it for now, in case I find anything else you need. (Actually, whilst we're here, are there any other random bits of PC crap that you need? Might as well go in one parcel)

J.T.Kirk
23rd February 2010, 13:19
Ok Andy. If you find another one about the same length it will be nice. Also if you find a bracket for my CVisionPPC and a chipset cooler at 3cm or less and that's it. Tell me a total price... u know after... :thumbsup:

Kin Hell
23rd February 2010, 14:50
Nothing wrong with Model Railroads Andy. I'm an Ex - American H-O Fine Scale fan myself. RP25 wheel countours, sprung compensating trucks, etc. :thumbsup:
Love the Denver Rio Grande area & of course, centred around the collosal Steam Loco era. 4-8-8-4 Big Boy anyone?

I haven't dabbled since my Divorce saw my entire collection dissapear in '94. :|

Kin

TheCorfiot
23rd February 2010, 18:57
S*d the train set.....Get the ole Scaletric out instead :lol:

TC :p

davideo
23rd February 2010, 21:36
@TC

Did you ever see the railway crossing that allowed a train set and scaletric to be used in the same layout?

Scale wise not very good with a minature train and a giant car :oops:

Dave G :cool:

TheCorfiot
23rd February 2010, 22:29
@Dave / all

Did you see the James May programme about these two brothers in Hamburg who had setup a whole miltistorey building with the worlds largest Model railway system...

Amazing ...

TC :nod:

davideo
23rd February 2010, 22:34
@TC

I must have missed that one but I did see the meccano bridge!!

Dave G :cool:

AndyLandy
24th February 2010, 07:44
@Phantom: Sorry, no joy on that VGA card, all I've got for you is the long IDE cable. I can send you a normal-length IDE as well, but I can't find a second long one.

J.T.Kirk
24th February 2010, 12:07
Ok Andy no problem. Don't send me the normal IDE cables for peecees, I have dozen of those too. Just send me the A4000 compatible cable with all the holes open:D!

Please tell me a total amount and your PayPal address again.:thumbsup:

AndyLandy
24th February 2010, 12:12
The normal-length one has all the holes open, too. Up to you if you want it or not. Cost is free, just pay postage (no more than 2 I'd imagine) -- I'll PM you the rest.

J.T.Kirk
24th February 2010, 12:13
Sure ok.:thumbsup:

J.T.Kirk
7th March 2010, 00:46
Andy, don't forget the cables together with the SCSI HD, ok m8? :thumbsup:

AndyLandy
7th March 2010, 09:04
They're all together in my office, ready to be posted out on Monday!

J.T.Kirk
7th March 2010, 09:42
Great! ;)

J.T.Kirk
15th March 2010, 15:59
Packet received today. Excellent.:thumbsup:

2 nice mint IDE cables were waiting inside the packet, and of course the SCSI HD. :)

Feeback left for the cables, for SCSI HD later on. :)

---------- Post added at 17:59 ---------- Previous post was at 17:29 ----------

Ok, please close this thread.:)