PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Amiga 1200 3.1 in Kent

dabbler
11th July 2013, 10:19
Hi, I now want to progress from my good old C64 to another machine from my younger years, so im after an Amiga.

Does any one have an A1200 3.1 in Kent they would like to part with please? It would be nice to have a ram expansion in it, but other than that a nice clean machine with a mouse would be perfect!

I can collect and can pay you in cash, please let me know,

Many thanks in advance,

fitzsteve
11th July 2013, 10:32
Hi!

I have a couple for sale, both boxed, fully cleaned & tested.

http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=46674

http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=47690

Drop me a PM if you want to discuss further, I don't have any spare Ram boards at the moment but can throw in some Games on Floppy Disk :thumbsup:

I can upgrade the Roms on either machine to 3.1 for a little extra .

I'm based in Sevenoaks, collection is no problem or I can meet you somewhere :)

All the best,

Steve.

dabbler
11th July 2013, 10:56
Thanks Steve, im away at the moment and will have a think. Is that the average going price for a bare system? I assumed they would be less than that!

Its a shame as when when i moved out 10 years ago, my Dad called me and said "What shall I do with all the old computer kit in the loft?" I said - chuck it :-(

500, 600, 1200, CDTV, C64 and a ZX80 all binned. Damn.

AndyLandy
11th July 2013, 11:01
Thanks Steve, im away at the moment and will have a think. Is that the average going price for a bare system? I assumed they would be less than that!

I won't comment on prices, but don't forget that Steve's A1200 setups come with a formatted and set-up CF card as an internal hard disk and have been very well tested and looked after. You'll be getting a quality product from him.

fitzsteve
11th July 2013, 11:03
Hi dabbler,

I'm afraid we can't discuss prices here on Amibay (see price driving article in the Forum rules)

The price will always depend on condition, have a look at eBay and here for previous sales, this will give you an idea of what they go for in different conditions.

I take a lot of time cleaning and testing the ones I sell and I feel IMHO that adds value too :thumbsup:

dabbler
11th July 2013, 11:28
Hi dabbler,

I'm afraid we can't discuss prices here on Amibay (see price driving article in the Forum rules)

The price will always depend on condition, have a look at eBay and here for previous sales, this will give you an idea of what they go for in different conditions.

I take a lot of time cleaning and testing the ones I sell and I feel IMHO that adds value too :thumbsup:

Please dont get me wrong, I dont disagree one bit, what im after then is a working machine in need of a bit of clean up, without the CF Card etc.

Part of the fun is restoring / upgrading old machines.

My C64 was a right state, I retrobrited it, added an internal SD UIEC, re-capped the PSU and built a SVideo out circuit to replace the internal modulator for a super crisp picture - all part of the fun!

Id like to do a similar restoration / upgrade on a A1200!

fitzsteve
11th July 2013, 11:48
Indeed, that's exactly what I enjoy too!

My systems are better for those who just want to get one and play some Games.

Good luck with your search :thumbsup:

However if I end up with a spare base setup in need of a little TLC I'll let you know :)

rainbowat
11th July 2013, 17:45
PM sent

AndyLandy
12th July 2013, 10:11
PM sent

That's nice. Care to let the rest of the thread know what you're offering?

rainbowat
12th July 2013, 21:37
PM sent

That's nice. Care to let the rest of the thread know what you're offering?

I offer a1200 I thought dabbler looking for:thumbsup:
do you think that I'm offering him a trip to the seaside(Why not?weather is great:D)??