Sophie
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Northamptonshire
I'm selling my Mega ST 2 (4MB RAM, TOS 1.4, Blitter), it's in excellent condition and comes with an Atari SC1224 colour monitor (small crack to base) and a mouse and keyboard. I'm throwing in Notator SL (boxed)(reqs mono monitor)

I'm selling it for £180 on here but more on a certain auction site to cover costs.

It's too heavy to post so collection only from the midlands (Daventry) (UK)

Mega ST2 had Blitter? I was thought that only STE had that. Could you please shed some light, I'm interested in this topic. Is possible to run demos and games written for STE on this Mega?

The blitter was introduced with the Mega ST range, and no you can't run any STE specific games or demos on it. Some STFM motherboards even have space for the blitter.

The blitter was introduced with the Mega ST range, and no you can't run any STE specific games or demos on it. Some STFM motherboards even have space for the blitter.

Depends on which Mega ST. First models (large floppy disk button) not always have the blitter. Mega ST 4, always, but Mega ST 2 no, but it is very easy to fix because it has a socket for it and only a solder jumper needs to be desoldered.
Later models (called usually Mega 1, Mega 2, Mega 4, without the ST) have blitter. Also, Mega ST with short FDD button usually has blitter.

You can check it on TOS Desktop menu because there is the "blitter on" option available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom