Closed Vintage Mac blowout! Performa, PowerMac, clamshell ibook and more! BARGAINS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scole

Banned
Rating - 97.7%
43   1   0
Country
Kent, UK
Hello, I'm getting shut of my vintage Mac gear, it's taking up too much room now and my adoring love for it all is becoming outweighed by a desire to be able to work in my study without tripping over hordes of old computers... Good prices to get quick sales!

So, ignore crappy quality of iphone pictures and bask in the retro Mac goodiness. Shipping prices are UK only.

First of all, my favourite, Apple Mac Performa 630, with 14" monitor:

photo3gy.jpg

photope.jpg

A really cute little computer, very very clean, close to mint, slight signs of use on keyboard. As you can see, boxed with polys. Has a fresh install of OS8.1 (a lovely system!), 68040 processor, 36MB RAM, 400MB hard-drive. There's a TV tuner card built in and it comes with a black Apple remote! So, plug in your ariel and watch telly. Doubt it's digital ready though... Anyway, I used this for playing old school Mac games, it's a real treat to use. (*cough* google Macintosh Garden for tonnes of 68K "abandonware"...*cough*) Will handily run ancient versions of photoshop and word etc. I installed an ethernet card so you can hook it into your network and surf broadband! I had it sharing files with Windows XP and OSX too. Lovely. Keyboard and mouse included.

Price for this: Base Unit - £20 shipped, Monitor £22 shipped.

Next...

photo4c.jpg

photois.jpg

PowerMac 7600. Fitted with a 333Mhz G3 cpu card, has 528MB RAM installed, running OS 9.2.2. A vintage powerhouse! That's a 17" monitor. The pint glass is for scale, it's a beast! Has a 12GB HDD installed plus a 6GB 2nd HDD, plus a photoshop scratch disk partition off of one of the drives of 2GB total.Runs Photoshop pretty well, although it did fall over when I tried to run unsharp mask filter on a 400MB Hasselblad digital file I networked over. It deals with sensible files very nicely! The monitor works well, although it takes a few minutes to warm up and may look a little fuzzy at first. Keyboard and mouse included.

Price: Base Unit - £20 shipped, Monitor £25 shipped.

Next:

photoih.jpg

Another PowerMac, this ones a 7200! This one is pretty much stock, 90Mhz processor, 96MB RAM (I think). I have another G3 card that came with this but pulled it when I pulled all the RAM out of it to stuff in the 7600, you need to have as much RAM on the g3 card as you do in the base unit and I ran out! Pretty nice machine, 4GB drive I think, installed with 9.1 or 9.2.2.

Price £15 shipped

Next:

photo2px.jpg

photo5x.jpg

iBook G3, original clamshell version! This has a 300Mhz processor, maxed out RAM at 512MB, 3GB HDD and has OSX 10.3 installed. Also, a brand new battery that holds hours of charge plus an Airport card for wireless net. Under OSX the airport can connect to WEP or WPA networks, under OS9 just WEP. A lovely computer, beautiful. Very clean, no marks or damage at all. Comes with original yoyo charger! Has a lovely keyboard, it's a pleasure to use for typing long Word documents, much nicer than my new Macbook Pro keyboard!

Price: £100 shipped. This is a quality laptop that still runs internet and office productivity stuff nicely, and a future collectors item, hence the price.

Next:
photojn.jpg

Retail copy of OS8.5, with OS8.6 update CD! Complete and mint, looks like it came off the shelf yesterday. These are getting hard to come by.

Price: £30 shipped

Next, bits and pieces:
photo2ez.jpg

G3 card at 400Mhz for PowerMac 7200. No RAM on board.

Price: £10 shipped

photo3x.jpg

16MB RAM, 168 pin.

Price £3 shipped

photo3ie.jpg

Wacom A5 graphics tablet (Artpad 2), SCSI 2GB external drive, SCSI CD-RW.

Price: Tablet £7 shipped, HDD ****SOLD**** , CD-RW ****SOLD****

photo2ip.jpg

Magneto-Optical drive plus 15 MO disks. The drive itself, I buggered. Not sure what I did, it was working then it died and won't come back to life. Odd. I have a vague idea it's something to do with SCSI, I didn't really understand how to hook it all up... Whoops. Maybe fixable? Maybe the disks are useful to you?

Price: £10 the lot shipped.

photo4v.jpg

Gravis flight style ADB joystick. A monster and great for Mac flight-sims! Boxed and looks mint, clearly barely used.

Price: £15 shipped.

That's that for now. Basically I'm just looking to cover shipping, I've priced according to roughly what I think it'll cost to post plus a bit for time spent wrapping and lugging plus a bit extra for a few beers to numb the pain of parting with them... It's a nice little horde and ultimately I'll be glad to see them go to good homes.

Now, if someone wanted to drive down to me (Medway in Kent) and pick this up as a joblot (ibook excluded) to save me the hassle of posting it then I'd be very open to discuss that and load the lot into your car for you (ibook excluded!) for, say £30 for a drink! Twist my arm and I'll probably say £20... :-(

Payment by paypal gift.

S

Last edited:
Interested in the SCSI 2GB external drive and SCSI CD-RW, shipping would be to Portugal. PM'me with total please.
Also looking for a Keyboard and mouse (ADB bus type) for my Mac IIfx.

Interested in the SCSI 2GB external drive and SCSI CD-RW, shipping would be to Portugal. PM'me with total please.
Also looking for a Keyboard and mouse (ADB bus type) for my Mac IIfx.

Hello. I should have been clearer, at the moment this is all UK only. I'll let it stand for a week and then open the floor for international interest (at least, for the smaller items). So, consider your interest noted and if this isn't taken within the UK by next Wednesday lunchtime then we can figure out shipping. I should be able to help with a keyboard and mouse too.

Thanks, and sorry for confusion.
S

Unlucky JLPedro. Sorry to pounce here;

Hi Steve,
Shipping for the CDRW by what method & what is the Spec on this unit?
Also, does it include it's SCSI cable to hook up to the Controller?

If all is good here, I'll have her. (y)

Cheers,

Kin

Ah, sorry JLPedro, I feel guilty now...

Kin, it is Traxdata CD-RW, 2x Write, 2x Erase, 6x Read (taken from sticker on bottom).

The product code is UK CDEW2260 MAC, if that helps via Google.

It does indeed have a SCSI cable.

I've just hefted it, weighs about a kilo so I'll probably go RM standard parcels.

S

2x write. :dry: ....

Sod it, providing it's fully functional, post it. PM sent m8.

Kin

2x write. :dry: ....

Sod it, providing it's fully functional, post it. PM sent m8.

Kin

It was fully functional a couple of months ago. Hmm, it's actually the only thing I haven't tested this week before listing, let me just make sure first...

S

Im interested in the external 2GB drive :)

Sending PM

I'm interested in the MacOS8 package...

My dad has a black performa 5400 that I was looking to upgrade for him to get it networked up with his PC. I'm assuming that it will be possible to upgrade from 7 to 8 without losing files etc?

Also, I'm hoping that networking with WinXP will be relatively straightforward too?

Thanks!

AndyC

Im interested in the external 2GB drive :)

Sending PM

Replied, awaiting payment via paypal.

S

---------- Post added at 14:32 ---------- Previous post was at 14:25 ----------

I'm interested in the MacOS8 package...

My dad has a black performa 5400 that I was looking to upgrade for him to get it networked up with his PC. I'm assuming that it will be possible to upgrade from 7 to 8 without losing files etc?

Also, I'm hoping that networking with WinXP will be relatively straightforward too?

Thanks!

AndyC

Hello Andy.

Well, as far as I'm aware you should be able to update and not lose files. I think you can set the install to preserve your old system folder, then when your up and running with OS8 drag and drop the files over from old to new system folder. But don't quote me on that, ask Google first.

Networking to XP isn't hard, I can't remember exactly how to do it but it's just a matter of a few options in a couple of control panels. I found a nice and easy guide somewhere, can't find it now. How about this: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2973?viewlocale=en_US

S

---------- Post added at 14:50 ---------- Previous post was at 14:32 ----------

interested in 16MB RAM, 168 pin memory, but I might with draw it as got to check a few things firts

If the sale goes international I would like to express interest in the G3 ibook. If you do start sending overseas I'm from Greece so just let me know of the shipping price.

Interested in the Apple Mac Performa 630 - what sort of monitor does it use? I'd prefer not to buy another if that's at all possible.

Interested in the Apple Mac Performa 630 - what sort of monitor does it use? I'd prefer not to buy another if that's at all possible.

Macs use a DB-15 connector for their monitors, so you'll need a Mac monitor, or a converter. Still, you can get Mac-VGA adapters fairly cheap, maybe £5-£10.

If the sale goes international I would like to express interest in the G3 ibook. If you do start sending overseas I'm from Greece so just let me know of the shipping price.

Hi. Sorry to not reply sooner, I caught a vomiting bug off my son and have been KO'd since Friday...

Anyhoo, interest noted. If no one in uk claims by Wednesday lunchtime then we shall go international! I'll look at shipping in the meantime.

Ta
Steve

---------- Post added at 15:34 ---------- Previous post was at 15:29 ----------

Hello. Apologies for delay, as above.

Yeah as Andy says it's a proprietry fitment, so either need a mac monitor or an adapter is they're sourceable. I'd encourage you to take the 630 and the monitor together though, it's only a small display really but it goes well with the computer, both very clean, nice and crisp too.

Let me know what you think.

S

HI there...

I'm withdrawing interest in MacOS8 - I spoke to my dad and he's not fussed any more...

Cheers,
AndyC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom