-Acid-

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
222   0   0
Country
England
Region
South Shields
I've got a Japanese Turbo Duo sat here but no way to power it. I've located a laptop PSU with the correct ratings and I have the original Japanese PSU for the machine with which to take the power jack from. I need someone to change it over for me, fee to be discussed. At the same time I would like a DSP installing in my Super Everdrive from a Pilotwings cart (I will be supplying it of course).

I also have some joypads I would like altered but will talk to whoever does the other jobs via pm about that.

Last edited:
hm question , maybe you can just get the 220V socket adapter for psu from deal extreme or smthn ? if you know what i mean. I guess the problem is with different wall sockets in japan and uk?

Could you post pictures of the connector of the Turbo Duo, and the stickers on both power bricks?

Are both power bricks held together with screws (maybe behind rubber feet)? Some bricks are glued shut which makes popping them open that little bit riskier.

hm question , maybe you can just get the 220V socket adapter for psu from deal extreme or smthn ? if you know what i mean. I guess the problem is with different wall sockets in japan and uk?
We use a different electricity system too, ours is AC and they use DC so we need to use either a step down converter which I won't use, or what I want to use... a switching power supply.

---------- Post added at 14:25 ---------- Previous post was at 14:22 ----------

Could you post pictures of the connector of the Turbo Duo, and the stickers on both power bricks?

Are both power bricks held together with screws (maybe behind rubber feet)? Some bricks are glued shut which makes popping them open that little bit riskier.
I havne't yet bought the psu I want to use, I was just going to get it mailed direct to whoever is doing the work to save on postage. The original Jap psu has accessible screws to get into the main brick. The connector jack is like the usual console ones, it is 5mm diameter with a 3mm inside hole. According to various websites it is a non standard size which is why it is hard to simply buy replacement psu's for the system.

What do you want to know on the brick? the psu I have found to use has the same voltage and a slightly higher amperage, the tip polarity is also the same according to the diagrams on both power supplys.

On another note, with this job I am also looking for the same person to remove the DSP from a Pilotwings cart and install in my Super Everdrive.

We use a different electricity system too, ours is AC and they use DC so we need to use either a step down converter which I won't use, or what I want to use... a switching power supply.

---------- Post added at 14:25 ---------- Previous post was at 14:22 ----------

I havne't yet bought the psu I want to use, I was just going to get it mailed direct to whoever is doing the work to save on postage. The original Jap psu has accessible screws to get into the main brick. The connector jack is like the usual console ones, it is 5mm diameter with a 3mm inside hole. According to various websites it is a non standard size which is why it is hard to simply buy replacement psu's for the system.

What do you want to know on the brick? the psu I have found to use has the same voltage and a slightly higher amperage, the tip polarity is also the same according to the diagrams on both power supplys.

On another note, with this job I am also looking for the same person to remove the DSP from a Pilotwings cart and install in my Super Everdrive.

Japan use 100v AC, and depending upon where abouts you are, it's 50 or 60hz. :blink:

I asked about the PSU as it's much neater to connect the new cable direct to the PCB rather than splice the cable. What is the voltage of the thing? I have a few 12v 6amp+ PSUs I'm not using. Anyway, it does seem like a fairly easy job to undertake (I've just done this exact task for my MiniITX PSU)

As for the pilot wings - not knowing much about this, I assume it's just popping out 1 14pin dip and sticking it onto another board? :unsure:

The dsp upgrade involves taking 3 items of the pilot wings cartridge and installing them onto the Super Everdrive. This allows the Super everdrive to play games that require the DSP1 chip like Pilot Wings/Mario Kart and a few others.

Theres a thread on here by r0jaws showing whats involved

Japan use 100v AC, and depending upon where abouts you are, it's 50 or 60hz. :blink:

I asked about the PSU as it's much neater to connect the new cable direct to the PCB rather than splice the cable. What is the voltage of the thing? I have a few 12v 6amp+ PSUs I'm not using. Anyway, it does seem like a fairly easy job to undertake (I've just done this exact task for my MiniITX PSU)

As for the pilot wings - not knowing much about this, I assume it's just popping out 1 14pin dip and sticking it onto another board? :unsure:
Ah ye, 50-60 hz difference that was what I was thinking of duh. Anyway it needs a DC10V output 1mA. The DSP installation needs one other chip removing from the board and putting on the ED board. You can see what it is on this thread here.

Hi

I can carry out all the work for you including the dsp upgrade...

Send as a PM and I can do it straight away...

TC :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom