Found ZX Spectrum mask ROM

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not the question. I'm looking for exact chips removed from dead machines. "Rubber" or "+" does not matter.

Ok, i will ask a bit different way - want to buy legit copy of ZX Spectrum(+) ROM

Do you just mean a standard rom chip pull? I'm confused about the "Mask" bit.

ZX%20Spectrum%20PCB%20issue%202%20wHS.jpg

Thanks to kio for this nice clear pic.

It's a mask ROM http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mask_ROM

Right upper corner - NEC D23128C 057

057 is mask part number for speccy "BIOS"

I'm after this chip. Just want to build a legit ULA-free CPLD-free "clone" of speccy.

Also might extend my interest to "toastrack" and +2/+3 mask ROMs

just for reference its the part next to the z80 in the top right hand corner nearest the power jack.

good luck.

I have a Spectrum ROM but it marked HN613128P. If that's any good you can have it for postage.

John

Ah, it's mask ROM made by Hitachi most likely. I'm happy to take your offer. Would you like to trade or payment to cover shipping?

That's right Hitachi.
If you PM me your address I'll get it posted, looks like only going to be a few quid to post to Japan.

John

Sorry for delay. I have to check post code and PM after that(tomorrow morning local i think)

Anyone else for toastrack/+2/+3?

@80sFREAK

I am sure I can help you with all your needs if you are looking for Original ROM's

However have you heard of the Spectrum OpenSE BASIC ROM?

I think this is something for your project my friend! it also offer's ULA+ extended Video Support

(click here for the PDF)

Have a read of this - from your thread - this I think is exactly what you are looking for.

If you want a collection of Spectrum 48k to 128k ROM's hit me up in PM.

John58 PM'd

Zetr0, thank you for your offer. I know about both OpenSE and ULA+ projects, but they are out of my interests at moment. Maybe i stated my interest not pretty clear - i'd like to build 100% legit clone not for sale(it's a side dish), but give these silicon souls a new bodies. PM'd

I've posted the ROM, should be with you in a week or so.

I thought, that I would have to make a customs declaration, but the lady serving me at the post office said no, not for Japan only USA and Australia require custom declarations.

John

Chip arrived today, package looks complete wothout any damages. Thank you very much. (y)

Irony, but chip "came back home" - it was made by Hitachi in Japan back in the days.

I'm after leaving feedback, but not sure "how to". If "trade", i have to send something from my side or cover shipping cost(i don't have paypal) or either feedback as donation. :unsure:

Chip arrived today, package looks complete wothout any damages. Thank you very much. (y)

Irony, but chip "came back home" - it was made by Hitachi in Japan back in the days.

I'm after leaving feedback, but not sure "how to". If "trade", i have to send something from my side or cover shipping cost(i don't have paypal) or either feedback as donation. :unsure:

That was my thought too, the chip was going home.

Please don't worry about either feeback or shipping cost, it was only coppers to send anyway.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom