d0pefish

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Country
England
Region
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a replacement floppy drive for my Atari 1040STE. I know you can hack various standard PC drives like you can with the Amiga, but I'm looking for an original as a drop-in replacement.

Mine is an Epson SMD-380. It's casing/fascia is damaged but the mechanism works fine. If you have a dead Epson the same, but in good cosmetic condition, I'd be happy to re-house mine with the parts.

Otherwise any original Atari drive will do, just double-density, nothing fancy. (y)

Many thanks! :)

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a replacement floppy drive for my Atari 1040STE. I know you can hack various standard PC drives like you can with the Amiga, but I'm looking for an original as a drop-in replacement.

Mine is an Epson SMD-380. It's casing/fascia is damaged but the mechanism works fine. If you have a dead Epson the same, but in good cosmetic condition, I'd be happy to re-house mine with the parts.

Otherwise any original Atari drive will do, just double-density, nothing fancy. (y)

Many thanks! :)

may be able to help i will look tonight at some time for you

james

Hi James,

Thanks for the reply, it'd be very kind of you to have a look :)

Cheers :)

this one ok

image005ep.jpg

sorry iv taken it with my phone
shell we say £7 posted

thanks james

Wow! Perfect match, yes please - I'd like that :)

Looks like good condition in the photo, too. Can you confirm the plastics at the front are secure and in good shape?

I notice you have an Atari at the left of the photo too - I don't suppose you have any any RAM or 2.06 TOS ROMs going spare by any chance? :)

Is PayPal okay for payment?

Cheers once again! (y)

Ok thanks - you have the same TOS and RAM as me so I won't ask for those.

However, I could probably use the case as shown in your other thread - how much would you want for the casing and the floppy drive delivered, mate?

If you PM me your PayPal I'll get it to you straight away.

Cheers! :)

@dopefish

If you are interested in the items within the other thread, then please post & express interest,,,, in the other thread.

TC :Doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom