Not open for further replies.

JackTorrance

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Country
Russian Federation
Region
Tula
It looks like the keyboard membrane of my ZX+ is nearly dead :-( If someone have a spare membrane in good condition, I will be glad to buy it. Thanks in advance.

The problem with the old speccy membranes is that they're all on their last legs. Even if they haven't been used for years there is a good chance that they will have deteriorated. Buying a second hand membrane for the spectrum when excellent reproductions are available is probably a false economy. Also we don't know how long these reproductions will be around for. At some point, most people that want them will have them and folks will stop having new runs made.

Thanks for the suggestion, tokyoracer. Hmm.. more than 20 GBP for a keyboard membrane :huh:
You ain't going to get cheaper then that. These are custom made and are actually better than the originals. There are no other options open unless someone happens to have bought one of these and for some reason hasn't botherd installing it and wants to sell it on for less.

If you find one cheaper it's going to be either used or worn out. Either way if it's the original it's going to be far from it's best. I had to get one for my QL and TBH it's well worth it. As I said, they are better then the originals and they won't be around for much longer so i'd buy one now if you really need one...

Good luck anyway.

The problem with the old speccy membranes is that they're all on their last legs. Even if they haven't been used for years there is a good chance that they will have deteriorated. Buying a second hand membrane for the spectrum when excellent reproductions are available is probably a false economy. Also we don't know how long these reproductions will be around for. At some point, most people that want them will have them and folks will stop having new runs made.

^^^ THIS! ^^^

I totally agree with both of you - this makes great sense. I guess it is better to grab one of these membranes before they disappear ;-) Maybe it is better to close this thread as well..

Also you go to the right place: rwap is a member here and sells Spectrum membranes that he ordered.

You should now have access - your IP was blocked by ZBBlock as an abusive hosting company....

My apologies for this, but it is either use ZBBlock, or allow 50+ attempted registrations from spammers a day !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom