PDA

View Full Version : Wanted ZX Spectrum+ keyboard membrane

JackTorrance
31st July 2013, 20:06
It looks like the keyboard membrane of my ZX+ is nearly dead :-( If someone have a spare membrane in good condition, I will be glad to buy it. Thanks in advance.

tokyoracer
1st August 2013, 02:37
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sinclair-ZX-Spectrum-48K-128K-keyboard-membrane-Manufactured-New-in-2011-/321102243183?pt=UK_VintageComputing_RL&hash=item4ac32f656f

JackTorrance
1st August 2013, 13:16
Thanks for the suggestion, tokyoracer. Hmm.. more than 20 GBP for a keyboard membrane :huh:

thecellartroll
1st August 2013, 15:55
The problem with the old speccy membranes is that they're all on their last legs. Even if they haven't been used for years there is a good chance that they will have deteriorated. Buying a second hand membrane for the spectrum when excellent reproductions are available is probably a false economy. Also we don't know how long these reproductions will be around for. At some point, most people that want them will have them and folks will stop having new runs made.

tokyoracer
1st August 2013, 19:12
Thanks for the suggestion, tokyoracer. Hmm.. more than 20 GBP for a keyboard membrane :huh:
You ain't going to get cheaper then that. These are custom made and are actually better than the originals. There are no other options open unless someone happens to have bought one of these and for some reason hasn't botherd installing it and wants to sell it on for less.

If you find one cheaper it's going to be either used or worn out. Either way if it's the original it's going to be far from it's best. I had to get one for my QL and TBH it's well worth it. As I said, they are better then the originals and they won't be around for much longer so i'd buy one now if you really need one...

Good luck anyway.

The problem with the old speccy membranes is that they're all on their last legs. Even if they haven't been used for years there is a good chance that they will have deteriorated. Buying a second hand membrane for the spectrum when excellent reproductions are available is probably a false economy. Also we don't know how long these reproductions will be around for. At some point, most people that want them will have them and folks will stop having new runs made.

^^^ THIS! ^^^

JackTorrance
1st August 2013, 19:26
I totally agree with both of you - this makes great sense. I guess it is better to grab one of these membranes before they disappear ;-) Maybe it is better to close this thread as well..

rkauer
1st August 2013, 20:25
Also you go to the right place: rwap is a member here and sells Spectrum membranes that he ordered.

rwap
7th August 2013, 13:07
Yes I have plenty of Spectrum + membranes in stock and slightly cheaper than on ebay:

http://www.sellmyretro.com/offer/details/Brand-New-Sinclair-ZX-Spectrum%2B-48K~~128K-Keyboard-Membrane-2141

Remember that ebay prices will probably increase from September, to cover the 10% they are going to take out of the post and packing charges :(

JackTorrance
7th August 2013, 17:39
rwap, thank you for your offer. For some reason I am getting the 403 error when navigating to the http://www.sellmyretro.com/ web site :-\

rwap
7th August 2013, 20:21
You should now have access - your IP was blocked by ZBBlock as an abusive hosting company....

My apologies for this, but it is either use ZBBlock, or allow 50+ attempted registrations from spammers a day !!

JackTorrance
7th August 2013, 21:19
rwap, thanks for that. I have ordered a brand new ZX+ membrane from this web site in a minute ;-)