PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Internal A1200 Floppy drive

trydowave
9th August 2013, 12:02
Looking for internal A1200 Floppy drive. One that will work on an original Rev A1 motherboard. I had a modified pc one installed and it couldn't load anything.

Thanks
Tony

fitzsteve
9th August 2013, 12:07
Hi Tony,

I've been watching you thread on EAB. Since I don't play A500 games on my A1200 I would be happy to swap my Chinnon drive for your modified one, I only ask that you pay the postage which is 3 first class.

Let me know what you think.

Sadly I can't sell it out right as my A1200 wouldn't have a floppy drive anymore and I do use it occasionally to write blank disks, that's really all!

trydowave
9th August 2013, 12:18
Hi fitzsteve. As long as you think my drive is ok? It does load my workbench 1.3 disk but not the rest. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with my disks etc (you've been following my posts so you know what I'm talking about).

As for your drive. IS the Chinnon the same or similar as a shugart? Basically, all I need to know is will it run exactly the same as my old A500 drive but fit in my case :)

Thanks
Tony

P.s. P&P How do u want me to send P&P payment. Also. I don't mind 2nd class. The cheaper the better.

fitzsteve
9th August 2013, 12:23
Hi Tony,

I really don't mind as I said I barely use the floppy drive and as long as I have something in there to write a floppy disk occasionally I'm happy.

I'd rather see another user was enjoying their system :)

2nd Class is fine, It's 2.60 - I can send you my drive first, you can test it, if it works for you great send me yours, if not you can always just return it.

The drive is a Chinnon FZ354 and is a common drive fitted to commodore A1200/A600 :thumbsup:

I'll PM you my PayPal address if you want to go ahead.

demolition
9th August 2013, 12:33
I'd say you should go ahead with this offer. You'd get something that works for sure. I also have the FZ-354 in both my A600s and my 1200, and it's the most common drive for them I think.

trydowave
9th August 2013, 23:45
Sounds great. how do you want me to make payment?

cheers
Tony

fitzsteve
14th August 2013, 11:21
Drive was sent yesterday :thumbsup: