Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Stafford
Dear all,
due to lack of time and space, I am selling off most of my 68K collection (I will post another auction in the Mac forum.)
Payment by PayPal only, shipping by Parcel Monkey for the biggest packages, or Royal Mail for the smaller ones. Collection in person possible from Stafford, Staffordshire, UK. Photos available on request.
I am an ebay member (same ID) since 2002, score 187 - 100%

1) Atari 1040 STe, 4MB RAM (note two SIMM slots are slightly damaged, so RAM is held in place by tape,) Rainbow TOS 1.62 UK ROMs, "good" DMA Chip, the floppy drive has been replaced with a 1.44Mb Mitsubishi MF355F drive (though it works as a 720Kb drive, as further hardware modification is needed for the ST to see it as 1.44Mb,) original STm mouse, user manual, STe manual addendum. The machine is in pretty good conditions, there are a few scratches and two missing screws, but it works perfectly, and has little to no yellowing. £35 + shipping (shouldn't cost more than £15 in UK) SOLD! (outside amibay)

2) GeSoft ACSI/SCSI interface cable. Tested working with the SCSI drivers ahdi and hddriver. £40 + shipping SOLD! (outside amibay)

3) Timeworks DTP package, box + manual + disks (includes update), £5 + shipping

4) Dallas DS1216EROM Real-Time clock chip 32 pins (to be installed piggy-back,) 32-pin case, £5 + shipping

5) ABACUS Atari ST internals book (3rd edition, includes details about the blitter), £2 + shipping

6) ABACUS Atari ST machine language book, £2 + shipping

7) MC68010FN12, PLCC package, £8 + shipping SOLD! (in Amiga thread)

8 ) TOS 2.06 UK ROMs 32 pin packages, £8 + shipping SOLD!

9) 520Mb Quantum Fireball 540s, SCSI 50 internal hard disk, half height, £15+shipping SOLD! (outside amibay)

10) 30Mb Seagate ST138-N, SCSI 50 internal hard disk, full height, £10+shipping

11) "Introducing Atari ST Machine Code." companion to the book. It includes all the examples and programs referenced in the book, including an assembler, link and debugger, and OS libraries. £2+shipping

Thanks for looking,
Antonio

Last edited:
interessed on Colour STe->SCART + stereo audio plugs cable, £8 + shipping

Asking shipping quotes to Portugal

Will send PM also

Thanks,
Jorge

Declaring interest in B/W STe->VGA + mono audio plug cable, £8 + shipping.

I am desperate to get rid of that CRT lunch from my workshop!

Can you please give me a price inclusive of shipping to the UK (y)

68010 cpu on atari STe

68010 cpu on atari STe

Hi Antonio, sorry the off-topic but the STe is stable with the 68010? all programs and games run without problems? Do you have any boost performance in STe? It is just remove the 68000 from socket and replace for the new one?
Many thanks for helping me out with this questions,
Jorge

Hi Antonio, sorry the off-topic but the STe is stable with the 68010? all programs and games run without problems? Do you have any boost performance in STe? It is just remove the 68000 from socket and replace for the new one?
Many thanks for helping me out with this questions,
Jorge
Hi Jorge,
the only problem I found with the 68010 is that the machine hangs when reading the newdesk.inf file at boot. But if you read the file from disk after boot, then everything is fine. I traced down the problem to a bug in the TOS, which is partly built to support processors other than the 68000.
The performance improvement you can register depends from the applications, but it runs from a 10%, up to 80% for more intensive stuff like copying blocks of memory. I used the 68010 quite extensively, since I was experimenting with virtual machines and emulation (the 68010 is the first processor in the family with these capabilities.) I tried quite a few games and other applications, and I found no problems, but I cannot guarantee there won't be any other applications which won't give problems. Anyway, I will give you also the 68000, so if you don't want the 68010 you can always replace the original processor, it's quite easy to do :D

Please note that I have had another request pending, but if you are interested, I will consider you second in line!

Note my Atari STe has the good DMA chip.

Thanks,
Antonio

P.S.
I sent the colour cable on Friday, you should get it soon.

---------- Post added at 13:27 ---------- Previous post was at 13:26 ----------

Hi John,
2nd class shipping is £2.60.

Thanks!
Antonio

Hi Antonio! Thanks for the fast answer! I have an STe already and was curious to know if is it worth the search for the 68010... It looks that is an nice improvement for this old "beast" :woot:... I am going to dig 2x68010, one for my lovely STe and another for my 500+. It will be 2 nice upgrades for those systems!
Thanks!

Hi John,

Thanks!
Antonio

OK - PM sent requesting payment details.

---------- Post added at 14:55 ---------- Previous post was at 14:10 ----------

Hi John,

Thanks!
Antonio

OK - PM sent requesting payment details.

Payment sent (y)

Hi Antonio! Thanks for the fast answer! I have an STe already and was curious to know if is it worth the search for the 68010... It looks that is an nice improvement for this old "beast" :woot:... I am going to dig 2x68010, one for my lovely STe and another for my 500+. It will be 2 nice upgrades for those systems!
Thanks!
:LOL: no probs!
I am pretty sure the Amiga OS does a much better job at handling processors beyond the 68000 than TOS (at least versions pre-dating 3.) Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom