PCMCIA slow system

Deling

Country
Poland
Region
pl
After insert PCMCIA card for example ethernet or compact flash card my system sometimes very slow !! hd transfer is very slow :mad: what is going on ? HELP :)

After insert PCMCIA card for example ethernet or compact flash card my system sometimes very slow !! hd transfer is very slow :mad: what is going on ? HELP :)

Which computer? Amiga 600/1200? What Kickstart revision, what OS? Any other hardware installed?

My experience, many years ago, with a stock A1200 and 4mb ram (my system back in the day) was that scsi CD-ROMs plugged in pcmcia were noticeably slower than those directly connected to the on-board IDE, plus the computer would do various hiccups. This contributed to me thinking that PCMCIA=slow but I haven't tried it with my 030/50mhz equipped A1200 nowadays, and I don't remember network having the same effect.

A1200 aca1232 33 ,rom31 ,os39 ,indivision aga mk2 cardreset and cardpath not help this situation is after rom31 installed to mainboard in rom30 all be ok

Fire up cardpatch after inserting the PCMCIA card. Reboot to sack it from memory after removing the device.

cardpatch is in startup-sequence , not help, amiga won't boof after card is pluged ,if workbench is on and I insert pc card amiga HD drive freezing ! transfer down to very low speed

System not booting while PCMCIA card is mounted is typical.
System slowdown is really akward for me though.

Since you say that with Kickstart 3.0, system is operating just fine without slowdowns when PCMCIA card is inserted... what Kickstart 3.1 are you using?
Official, custom?

System not booting while PCMCIA card is mounted is typical.
System slowdown is really akward for me though.

Since you say that with Kickstart 3.0, system is operating just fine without slowdowns when PCMCIA card is inserted... what Kickstart 3.1 are you using?
Official, custom?

MIFLOS you have right :huh: i'm back to kickstart 3.0 conclusion ? Amiga back to live
I'm was using original kickstart 3.1 for two week , and in this two week I'm have nonstop problem with pcmcia , today my decisions is back to 3.0 original rom and install wbclassic !! and now all work very well , STRANGE ???

I have had this problem too, the solution for me was to always load the tcp/ip stack.

Back
Top Bottom