PDA

View Full Version : A600 - IndivisionECS - A603 & A608

TheCorfiot
4th March 2010, 17:25
Well they say a bit of Hardware pr0n is good for the soul...:lol:

I popped down to see our friends at AmigaKit this afternoon & took my A600-A608 prototype / test Miggy along.

May I present a fully pimped out A600 running Classic workbench 3.1 fitted with -

4 GB CF-IDE
A603 1MB ChipRAM expansion with clockport
A608 8MB Fast RAM Expansion
Indivision ECS

I took the opportunity of installing & testing the above configuration as an aid to all those interested in both the A608 & Indivision ECS, but may have concerns regarding clearances and indeed board overlap.

As you can see from the piccies there are absolutley no compatibility issues whatsoever with plenty of clearance between all expansions.

The Floppy drive of course needs to be removed as is normal for the Indivision upgrade, which leaves some nice clear space by the Clockport header for a SubWay USB too...

I also include some monitor shots of Classic Workbench 3.1 in 640x256 & 640x512 courtesy of the Indivision output, which I have to add was flawless & superb clarity / quality.

Enjoy
TC :D

/ edit - Sadly I didn't get to take the A603 & Indi ECS home with me.
Oh well back to my trusty A601 :lol:

J.T.Kirk
4th March 2010, 17:35
WOW! The most fixed up Amiga I've ever seen in its interior. :thumbsup:

Really nice Vasilis. :)

SkydivinGirl
4th March 2010, 17:35
:woot: Simply Amazing! That's one happy A600!

Thanks for all the hardware pr0n. :wink:

Heather

AndyLandy
4th March 2010, 17:38
Ahh, beautiful hardware pr0n. It's a shame you have to remove the floppy drive to fix the Indy ECS. That's always irked me somewhat.

I must get an A608 at some point though, I can't get a large-enough mortgage for an A600 accelerator board.

Zetr0
4th March 2010, 17:40
WOWZAH!

hardware pron on a Thursday!?!?!?!

http://www.labsafety.com/images/xl/Kimberly-Clark-Kleenex-Anti-LSS-_i_LBN127852S.jpg

back in a bit......

oooo musn't forget this too...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_iC77y1FvpEQ/SXYrhqveegI/AAAAAAAABgs/0f5aWV-dPyA/s400/honey_jar_1.jpg

tokyoracer
4th March 2010, 18:33
WOWZAH!

hardware pron on a Thursday!?!?!?!

http://www.labsafety.com/images/xl/Kimberly-Clark-Kleenex-Anti-LSS-_i_LBN127852S.jpg

back in a bit......

oooo musn't forget this too...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_iC77y1FvpEQ/SXYrhqveegI/AAAAAAAABgs/0f5aWV-dPyA/s400/honey_jar_1.jpg
:blink:

J.T.Kirk
4th March 2010, 18:43
Hahahahaha....:p

TheCorfiot
4th March 2010, 18:49
@tokyoracer

Don't worry my friend, let me explain.

It's a pictorial representation of a climatic explosion that can occour within your frontal nether-region whilst fully clothed due to exposure to extreme Hardware pr0n.

Tissues are no use however as they stick to the runny honey & tearup quite badly making a further mess.

Hope you are clearer now.

TC :coffee:

mfilos
8th March 2010, 14:56
What a lovely A600 you got there my friend!
Gratz for the little beasty miggy!

Times like this... I'm feelin' kinda sorry I sold my A600 with the MTec 030. If only I knew that Jens gonna make an ECS SD/FF...

Btw, I saw some nice slim PC floppies on Ebay (that are used basically for server racks etc... Maybe with Ian's floppy adapter you could hack a slim floppy into the A600 as well :ninja:

... Hmmm, why I love hackery so much... damn it :P

Gz again TC my friend!

Kin Hell
8th March 2010, 17:17
Ah! - Real runny honey material. :cool:

Kin

J.T.Kirk
8th March 2010, 17:19
Ah! - Real runny honey material. :cool:

Kin

Honey or horny? :p

Kin Hell
8th March 2010, 17:20
@ Phantom

If you have never tried the two together, you haven't even lived yet! :D

Kin

zombie10k
9th March 2010, 06:12
thanks for the photos. i also have the same A608 from 2008 and thought about installing the A603 + the ECS in my 600. Giving up the floppy is tough, it's a shame the clock port on the 603 couldn't have been on a different position, or somehow relocated to another part of the 600.

any issues keeping the A608 attached to the CPU? i haven't installed it yet.

r0jaws
9th March 2010, 09:19
I have to admit to being curious about how this will all set up. My 600 is also pimped out with 2Mb Chip and 8Mb Fast, but I use an RGB Scart for output purely because it's a portable WHDLoad gaming rig to me.
It is a shame to lose the floppy drive, but with PCMCIA CF transfer, and a lot of games on the hard drive I suppose you could live without it. I can't really see how they could have positioned the clockport differently though.
It is a nice piece of kit though, and if your 600 is your primary Amiga, this could be a real boon.
Nice Pics. :D