PDA

View Full Version : Found 9pin D mouse cable

Bastich
28th August 2013, 11:50
Hello :)

I am after a 9 pin D mouse cable to fixup an old Amiga mouse I have with a mangled plug on the end of it. Also after some of the low friction pads from the bottom the the mouse.

I have plenty of old joystick cables but not of these have the required lines :(

Thanks

J

demolition
28th August 2013, 12:04
Some joystick cables are fully wired. I used one from a broken joystick to convert an optical mouse to Amiga usage.

Bastich
28th August 2013, 12:10
Unfortunately the ones I have do not have the required pins :(

cosmicfrog
31st August 2013, 11:04
prob got a dead mouse u can have a go at. are u going re-play or will u want it befor then. either way pm me or I`ll forget

if all else fails theres always 9 pin serial leads n i got some pc serial mice. I got do some sorting out

roy_bates
31st August 2013, 12:04
hi.

i have some mice knocking around somewhere you could have for parts.

have you got any pictures of the mouse you have just in case?

Bastich
31st August 2013, 18:17
Thanks for the replies :)

I would love to goto re-play but ATM I am just about house bound with a suspected torn manicures :thumbsdown: in my right knee :(

The mouse I have when using the current cable moves but neither buttons work. The bottom of the casing has lost a low friction pad at the front also. I have tested the circuit board and all seems fine. It will need a jumper wire but nothing major. The plug on the other hand is beyond repair. Whoever had this before me really butchered the plug opening it up :picard

roy_bates
31st August 2013, 20:07
i think i have a mouse just like the one you have ,but fully working.

let me have a look through my stuff,if i find it i'll post a picture and if your still interested its yours.

personally i would bin all of the mouse you have apart from the board inside it looks pretty bad.

i'll go and make myself a cuppa and be back in a bit...

ok,these are the ones i could find after about ten minutes,one is just like yours only fully working and has both the anti friction pads missing but doesent seem to effect it the other is a tank mouse that i fixed its fully working,if you give me a few more days i'll probably find more in other boxes.

heres the pictures of the two i found.

if your happy with one just say and its yours for postage.

http://www.amibay.com/picture.php?albumid=191&pictureid=2777

http://www.amibay.com/picture.php?albumid=191&pictureid=2776

Bastich
3rd September 2013, 10:23
Thanks for your generous offer 'roy_bates' :thumbsup: and sorry for my slow response. My mouse is just like the one on the left in your pictures. I do only realy want ether a dead mouse (of similar type) or a cable as its a try and fix it project. More for fun than practical reasons :) I already have a fully working classic tank mouse (right mouse not perfect mind) and a 9pin to usb adapter (optical mouse FTW) :D

roy_bates
3rd September 2013, 11:22
Thanks for your generous offer 'roy_bates' :thumbsup: and sorry for my slow response. My mouse is just like the one on the left in your pictures. I do only realy want ether a dead mouse (of similar type) or a cable as its a try and fix it project. More for fun than practical reasons :) I already have a fully working classic tank mouse (right mouse not perfect mind) and a 9pin to usb adapter (optical mouse FTW) :D

its up to you mate,you can still have it if you want.

im offering it to you because the case on yours is cracked as well as the cable and the mbuttons might of failed,but as always its upto you.
i can have another look later and see if i have the cable off one,i do do that sometimes.:)

amigat
16th September 2013, 21:59
i got a 9pin connector if any use to you pm with offer

FOL
17th September 2013, 12:14
i got a 9pin connector if any use to you pm with offer

The only problem is when you want to use it on an A600.

Nice to see a fellow Barry'ite here, ;).

amigat
17th September 2013, 20:01
ok no problem

Bastich
18th May 2014, 19:12
Please close this thread as I have obtained the needed cables.