A600 PCMCIA slot

adz

Country
Australia
Region
Melbourne
Hey People,

I recent purchased a PCMCIA to CF adapter and haven't been able to get it to work. If I jump into CLI and type cardprep, it comes back with a "No card slot present" error message, am I missing anything here, I didn't think the PCMCIA slot needed a driver or anything like that? A600 is a rev 1.5 and is running WB3.1 and KS3.1 from AmigaKit. Also has an A604n w/Indivision, a CF-IDE adapter and an 8MB fast ram board from Kipper2k.

Cheers,

Adam

Your best bet is just buy the EasyADF software thats what I use
and it just made it alot easier to use..(y)

:coffee:

To use a CF card in the PCMCIA slot you need the compactflash.device in Devs: and fat95 in L: and CF0: in Devs:DosDrivers or Storage/Dosdrivers.

http://aminet.net/search?query=compactflash

The card needs to be fat32 formatted.

I have only managed to get Sandisk cards to work from the PCMCIA slot.

Cardprep is for SRam cards which you can use for storage or fast memory.

Hi,

Remember using 8mb fast ram boards disables the PCMCIA slot.

If this is one of Kippers latest boards then you can configure it maximum of 5.5mb retaining PCMCIA compatibility.

You still need the drivers mentioned :)
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.5; en-gb; HTC_DesireHD Build/GRJ90) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1

Hi,

Remember using 8mb fast ram boards disables the PCMCIA slot.

If this is one of Kippers latest boards then you can configure it maximum of 5.5mb retaining PCMCIA compatibility.

You still need the drivers mentioned :)
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.5; en-gb; HTC_DesireHD Build/GRJ90) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1

Now I remember why mentioning the 8MB board was of significance ;) Thank you (y)

Back
Top Bottom