Closed Dreamcast Region Free Disk (action replay etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Collz69

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Lancashire
Hi,

Could anyone sort me out with a disc to allow me to play other region games on my dreamcast, I heard that you can download the demo of action replay CDX & burn it to a CDR & this works fine.
Unfortunatley I don't own a PC or any CDRs for that matter, so I'm really looking for someone to do it for me or maybe supply me with a copy of another product that does the same thing.

I am willing to pay for postage & costs etc as required.

Thanks.
(y)

I think it's silly that backups of any region will play but official imports will not play on a pal DC. I'd offer to help but I do not have anything that will do the job for you, I got my DC chipped for this reason.

If you're any good with a soldering iron you could always replace the bios with a region free one. I got the chip from a member here and it wasn't too difficult to fit. Remoe the old chip, solder the new one in place and 1 wire link to another chip. Games from all regions booting directly.

If you're any good with a soldering iron you could always replace the bios with a region free one. I got the chip from a member here and it wasn't too difficult to fit. Remoe the old chip, solder the new one in place and 1 wire link to another chip. Games from all regions booting directly.

This would be ideal for me if I was by good at soldering. Lol

@amibay I'd be happy to do a CDR of the Utopia Boot Disc for this chap for nothing - I don't believe this software is subject to any copyright or ownership issues as it was made by cracking group and circulates freely around the web.

I would take it from here (I already have my own disc)

http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/utopia.php

If the 'bay is not happy please let me know. I wouldn't expect anything for it and it will do everything you need to play imports on your Dreamcast (assuming it is not one of the very last models which prevents CDR playback.)

@BrooksterMax

That would be great, just what I was looking for!
I would obviously pay for the postage & CDR as required, I dont expect it for free, you would really be helping me out. (y)

@BrooksterMax

That would be great, just what I was looking for!
I would obviously pay for the postage & CDR as required, I dont expect it for free, you would really be helping me out. (y)

PM me your postage details and I can get this out to you. Cheers (y)

People have helped me out here, so just returning the favour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom