Status
Not open for further replies.

Countraven

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Country
GREECE
0537.277px_2D00_DVI_5F00_Connector_5F00_Types_5F00_svg.png_2D00_550x0.png

I have a Dell Monitor that has 2 inputs. A common VGA and a DVI-D (Dual Link) as shown in the third (pre finally) picture that I give.

Has anyone got a VGA to DVI-D (Dual Link) adapter?

And if exist two of them still better.

Unfortunately in my home island I find only VGA in DVI-I Dual Link like the one on second picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
AFAIK since I'm not expert... DVI-D has only digital signal so... it's kinda difficult to convert analog (VGA) to digital (DVI-D) just by a simple adapter.
You can find such adapters in Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CHQ52W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1246691881&sr=8-1
... but you will find out that they're not working just for the reason I'm saying.

You need an VGA to DVI-D Convertor which is a lot more expensive than you think :p
http://www.datapro.net/products/vga-to-dvi-d-analog-digital-convertor.html

Cheers

The prefix "D" is digital only, while "I" is both analog and digital.

---------- Post added at 15:40 ---------- Previous post was at 15:34 ----------

This one you're looking for?

EDIT: Wrong picture, that was DVI-A.

I simply have an ancient Dell Monitor (1024x768 the max) that has to inputs. One normal VGA, second DVI in the format of the third picture. I doubt that this thing is digital and I doubt it needs something so expensive to work. An alternative could be a cheap monitor with two VGA inputs. Want it for an Amiga with BVision and Indivision.

If it's only got a DVI-D input, it'll only take DVI signals. You need the four pins around the bar to connect VGA to a DVI input. In fact, DVI-A is just VGA over some dedicated wires on the DVI port, nothing more clever than that.

Well... You can try the Amazon link I gave ya that has the VGA to DVI-D that is "El'Cheapo Grande" to gief it a try :p
Since your VGA monitor is quite old, you never know... it might work lol
If it doesn't work, then you'll check other options.

I have one of these:
HDTV%20DVI-D%20Dual%20Link%20Male%20To%20VGA%20F%20Converter%20Adapter%20TV.jpg

I presume that's what you are looking for...

Mowcius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom