Closed SERVICE: Someone to 'do' my 4gb CF card...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhoShotMrWhite

CTRL+LeftAmiga+RightAmiga
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Liverpool
Hey all, I'm getting fed up to the back teeth now trying to install my 4gb Sandisk Extreme II, letalone even aknowledge it! Staying up til' 3amin the morning, tearing my hair out, the frustration - so with this in mind, would anyone (preferably trusted with plenty of feedback) mind either walking through the process, step by step... in a totally NOOb!!! kinda way VIA MSN or even better, just 'do' the CF card themselves with the games/demos WHDload installs I have via post.

Either way, a crisp £10 (via PayPay) is up for grabs to the lucky one who has the time and energy!;)

Get in touch...(y)

If your after a how-to install a Workbench OS on your CF card then give me a PM, Ill talk you through it for free. :)

"Awww ayy La', calm down, calm down......" **

(As a Manc as well as being one of the site Admins, I can get away with that one!!)

I'm sure that a kindly AmiBay member will come along soon to sort it; in the meantime, could you throw them a clue and tell them what setup you have (A600, A1200, any accelerators etc).

For the non-UK AmiBayers, this is what the above is all about (although I'm not sure this will make much sense either):-

Attachments

• scousers.jpg
    scousers.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 0
lol, thanks gents... and yea, Merlin, we DO deserve the reputation, a lot of lads had that suede back in the day, unfortunately with regards to scallies it's more likely to be http://wrestling.johnpaulriley.com/jp_bob_shaved_head_2.jpg or this awful http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00059/jen_59913a.jpg shit now, I just hope to god Manchester never goes down this dusty road!

Well, my msn is kevs355@yahoo.com and I'm about to pop out to catch Alice in Wonderland on Orange Wednesday ;) so I'll be back later if anyone wants to 'add' me and assist! :bowdown:

By the way, it's a A600 with a A601 in the trapdoor slot.

ROFLMAO!!

That Jennifer Ellison picture is an instant classic!! All she is missing is the 'tache!!

Attachments

• jen_59913a.jpg
    jen_59913a.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 1
I could give it a go - you'd have to physically post it as I'm not too great on doing that over MSN, especially since I don't use Windows. Do you want two 2GB partitions? I've read somewhere that with ordinary FFS, that is the most efficient way of doing things, since above 2GB partitions get very inefficient. Or do you want me to try my hand at a different FS? Either way is fine by me.

But yeah, if you've willing to pay for return postage on top of the £10 you're offering, I'll do it all for you. My address is in your PM box. Make sure you send everything I'll need - CF to IDE adaptor especially!

Should I just do you a complete backup of my CF card and partition layout? 200mb Workbench, 300mb Work, 3.2GB Games (1800+ WHDload games)

I got all mine backed up on DVD so no biggie to recreate on another CF card for any OS - only a couple of hours work :)

£10 plus postage both ways. You choose which OS you need.

Do you have a USB CF card reader? I was having the same nightmare installing an OS to a CF card on my A1200, could not make the computer see any of my cards, whilst my PC could. So I ended up formatting, partitioning and installing the OS via winUAE, jammed the thing back in the A1200 and it saw it and booted first time. Definitely worth a try, if you can get it to work in winUAE then it may well work for real after!

I did have a great guide I found, can't remember enough about it to find on google right now though. If I do, I'll pass it on.

S

Should I just do you a complete backup of my CF card and partition layout? 200mb Workbench, 300mb Work, 3.2GB Games (1800+ WHDload games).

I'll be in touch blankstare,

I quite like this...
3 partitions:
DH0: 200MB - Workbench 3.0or3.1, Dopus, NewIcons & Magic Work Bench Icons
DH1: 1495MB – WHDLoad games A-H
DH2: 1877MB – WHDLoad games I-Z

Bit like here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Amiga-1200-4G...omputing_RL?hash=item2a0566c5aa#ht_2288wt_907

Btw, what's the difference between CLASSIC and MAGIC wb???

ROFLMAO!!

That Jennifer Ellison picture is an instant classic!! All she is missing is the 'tache!!

eh? isn't that that Catona bird?

Nope; that's definitely Jennifer Ellison, not Kerry Katona. It's amazing what a little airbrushing will do for lads mag pictures, isn't it? :wooha:

Should I just do you a complete backup of my CF card and partition layout? 200mb Workbench, 300mb Work, 3.2GB Games (1800+ WHDload games).

I'll be in touch blankstare,

I quite like this...
3 partitions:
DH0: 200MB - Workbench 3.0or3.1, Dopus, NewIcons & Magic Work Bench Icons
DH1: 1495MB – WHDLoad games A-H
DH2: 1877MB – WHDLoad games I-Z

Bit like here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Amiga-1200-4G...omputing_RL?hash=item2a0566c5aa#ht_2288wt_907

Btw, what's the difference between CLASSIC and MAGIC wb???

MWB is the traditional Workbench enhancement package.
Classic WB is a revamped & pimped up verion of MWB which allows programs such as Dopus to run on a 68000 CPU, whereas it normally requires a 68020 CPU or faster. This is one of the enhancements under Classic WB.

http://classicwb.abime.net/

RE: the eBay fella in Meningitis City.....

Technically, he shouldn't be selling those CF cards as the Amiga OS is copyrighted, let alone some of the games. At least WHDLoad is unregistered. A bit naughty all round tbh.

Kin

So... just to clarify... if anyone can do EXACTLY THIS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyFpPll91gU for my Miggy600/2MB 4gb CF Sandisk card, that would be AWESOME! and well worth the £££, or if anyone can do for free, even better!!!

Anyway, I'll be on MSN via here-> kevs355@yahoo.com all night after 6.30,or NOW!!! lemme know :D
A Miggy 600 won't run CWB FULL, unless you have 3.0/3.1 ROMs (in which case you'd be better off with the 68k version anyway rather than FULL) - but I can do the Amiga 600 equivalent. Note that most WHD games won't run even on 2MB, so you might have to do some trickery to get many of the games to load (launch with minimal GUI or via command-line entirely). I recommend you look into getting an A1200 with at least a 4MB expansion (which adds onto the 2MB already present onboard) - but if you're willing to put in the effort to learn how to use the command line (which isn't too hard), you can probably get it working on an A600.

But if you want to send the CF and adaptor to me, I can install everything for you - I've set up two of my own Amigas (albeit with real hard drives) with CWB versions.

Gonna get some more memory real soon Muzer, either a 2mb SRAM card or a A608 hopefully from Zetr0 soon! so feel free to do your 'normal thing' with it... but as far as the CWB installation goes, I don't mind having LITE or even http://classicwb.abime.net/classicweb/68k.htm send me your details via a PM and the 4gb card will be on it's way!!!

Got a 8mb expansion for my A1200 which was recently ordered from Amigakit. But I wanna start on the A600 first.

@ ipod_sock

Fast Ram will help speed things up greatly.

What a nice gesture from Muzer too. You're a lucky fella. :)

Kin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom