Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Country
UK
Region
West Sussex
Included:

MSI K7N2 Delta-ILSR
Motherboard and AMD Athlon XP 3000+ Barton CPU. Plus ACR 3 port Firewire card if wanted.

The motherboard and CPU are both in perfect working order and the noisy northbridge fan has been replaced by a silent passive heatsink which works just as well.

The motherboard comes in its original box with its original backplate (not bent and in perfect condition), all manuals, as well as all included port brackets which include USB2 ports, Firewire, digital audio and MSI diagnostic LED panel. Also included are 2 SATA cables and a round IDE cable.

Motherboard features include:

• NVIDIA nForce 2 Ultra 400 chipset
  • DDR Dual channel 400 (3GB supported)
  • AGP 8x
  • IDE ATA133
  • SATA 1.0 (2 ports)(Raid 1 and 0 support)
  • IDE RAID support
  • 100 LAN
  • IEEE 1394 Firewire
  • 5.1 Channel Audio (with SPDIF optical and coaxial connectors)
This motherboard has a unique setup of 3 IDE ports and 2 SATA 1.0 ports. The first 2 IDE ports are used as normal to connect up to 4 devices. The third IDE port and the 2 SATA ports are controlled by a separate Promise RAID controller, allowing you to connect 1 HDD to the IDE port and 2 SATA drives and configure them into a raid setup.

Also included with the motherboard is an AMD Athlon XP 3000+ Barton CPU. One of the fastest and best in the Athlon XP range. I will also include a stock Heatsink/fan if required.

Price: £25 + shipping. (or nearest offer)

Full details of this motherboard can be found at http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=proddesc&prod_no=546&maincat_no=1

I can also throw in an ACR 3-port firewire card if the buyer of this motherboard wants it. This ACR card was originally included with a Leadtek motherboard which is now dead, but this MSI motherboard also has a blue ACR port, so this card might work with this board. It will be included free if you want it, so if it doesn't work it is no loss.

I also have a second identical MSI K7N2 Delta-ILSR Motherboard, but I can't get it to work. If interested I can include it with the working one in case it is of use. Otherwise it will be thrown away.

Ah the humble Socket A, why oh why did AMD stop them at 3200+? :(

I still use my mega expanded 462 machine to this day and it's sadly only a 2600+ as my motherboard has a max FSB of 266 MHz.
If only this was a micro ATX I would have bitten your arm off for it, but you have to agree Socket A's where hugely advanced and impressive for the time and so reliable.

Last edited:
Definitely. This motherboard is loaded with features and very reliable and stable.

I've now reduced the price to £30 + Postage.

There is now also a heatsink/fan included.

I've also now included an ACR 3-port Firewire card with this sale if the buyer wants it. The card originally came with a different motherboard (which is now dead), but this MSI board has a blue ACR port so this firewire card might work.

Price reduced to £25. I really need to find a new home for this board, so if anyone is interested I'm also open to offers.

@Harrison,
I am tempted to set this up as a spare machine at work, let me see if i can find a case, GPU and sound card at home, i'll let you know later if that's OK?

cheers, JuvUK

Sure, that is fine. Will reserve it for you as first in line until you let me know.

You wouldn't need a sound card as this mobo has a decent one built in with optical 5.1 output. As for GPU. If you don't have a spare one I might have something you can use, but I would need to have a look though my hardware and see.

Also, let me know if you want a CPU heatsink to go with this? I have a couple spare and can include one in the box for you.

This is a full sized ATX motherboard, not MicroATX.

The actual board model can be seen here: http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=proddesc&prod_no=546&maincat_no=1#

And it is the higher spec K7N2 Delta-ILSR which adds Firewire and SATA RAID to the spec. I also seem to remember this board has an updated custom firmware too, which gives more stability and great overclocking abilities.

The processor included is a Athlon XP 3000+ Barton (fully supported by this board), with a standard AMD heatsink and fan (if required).

i'm going to withdraw i'm afraid gentlemen.

for what i had in mind it's not going to be cost effective (not the price Harrison is asking for, just the cost of the project vs the usefulness of the system)

thanks for the consideration though(y)

cheers, JuvUK

I never heard back from hektic so this motherboard + Athlon XP 3000+ barton CPU is still available. The motherboard is boxed as new with all manuals, supporting disks, and all the cables and extra bracket expansion ports included.

This was all fully working when I removed it from a working system to reuse the case for a newer build.

Price is £25 + shipping.

Without a heatsink included this weighs about 2KG so postage would cost:

1st Recorded = £7.34
Standard Parcels = £4.41

DHL (Parcels2go) = £8.21
HDNL UK (Parcels2go) = £6.99

If the buyer also wants a CPU heatsink included (no extra cost) then please PM me and I can work out the postage for the additional weight/parcel size.

skint at moment as its blackpool weekend + just had a reminder about the elec bill, might see how I feel in a couple of weeks

This will be listed on ebay from tomorrow, so it might now sell outside of Amibay in the coming week.

Please still post your interest here and I will consider you next in line once the ebay listing has completed if it doesn't sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom