Fanware creation TIP

jvdbossc

HypnusBE
Country
Belgium
Region
Antwerp (province)
If anybody is looking to create a mousemat, casebadge, coffeemuck with any computer brand, here is where to get the vector logo:

http://www.brandsoftheworld.com

This means you can create any size, any resolution since they turn out all to be vector images, at least the ones i tried(y)

What's a coffeemuck.....?? :blink:

ewwwwww!!!

:rofl3

Last edited:
ok, have a laugh, :roll: but be aware I am not a native speaker and, English is not my only language.

Type some dutch, french, or German here so I can have a laugh to (y)

ok, have a laugh, :roll: but be aware I am not a native speaker and, English is not my only language.

Type some dutch, french, or German here so I can have a laugh to (y)

well done you!! you tell 'em m8.

@Merlin, i believe you once pulled me up for this exact same thing tut! tut!

:oops:

It's a fair cop, sorry.

@ jvdbossc

Es tut mir leid.

Ich kann ein bisschen Deutsch Sprechen und lesen; Ich habe Deutsch ungefaehr mehr als dreissig jahre vor in der Schule gelernt, aber ich habe viel vergessen. Ich habe viel gelegenheit nicht, um Deutsch zu sprechen.

Mein Vater war auch in der Britischen Armee und wurde nach Deutschland, als ich jung war, so ich erlernte auch etwas Deutsches bekannt gegeben, als er nach Wiesbaden bekannt gegeben wurde.

Gibt's kein Umlaut hier....

Je parle aussi Francaise, donc je ne suis pas une personne britannique typique, qui parle seulement Anglais.

:)

^^^^^^

@ Merlin

Now you're just showin' off! :coffee:

@ jvdbossc

I knew you meant Coffee Mug, even if Merlin was taking da pi$$. :D

Kin

*Ahem*

Jvdbossc asked me to post some text in German, Dutch or French; I don't speak Dutch, but I duly obliged with the other languages....

@ Kinnie

"Eee up lad, tha knows from wheren'st ahm comin' lad....."

*cough*

You could have really shown off & used Goole m8. :cool:

Kin

Merlin,

Not laughing with that, at all :huh: Ok I could pick on the spelling of the French.

I am just standing up here, a non native speaker should be allowed to make a language mistake. :mad:

And I would like to say:

C'est en forgeant qu'on devient forgeron.
It's something "like practice makes art"

@ jvdbossc

Truly, I didn't mean to offend, it's just our over-developed senses of humour that we have on here...

See above ^^^ and you get the idea....

:)

Merlin,

Not offended at all, I only wanted you to think about the other end of the line to, explicitly for other future users to.

Yes indeed..Overdeveloped humour..

Wich parts of the eu did you father "visit"?

Not commenting on the rest, since not sure if politics are allowed on here, but I am quite happy UK-US turned up!

Thanks.

Joking aside for a moment, that is a good web page that you have posted at the start of the thread.

I'm a bit hazy on the details, but I remember he got posted to Osnabruck as well as Wiesbaden in Germany on exercises in the late '60s and early '70s. We travelled with him and it was by being 'thrown in at the deep end' that I learned to speak German. I took it formally when we came back to the UK as I already had a head start on others in my classes.

I had a similar experience a few years back, when I flew into Charles de Gaulle with a colleague on business. He told me that he had worked in France, so I assumed that he spoke French. After we landed I asked him to get the train tickets and he said "I can't, I don't speak French, not a word." :wooha:

I got thrown in the deep end (again) with more or less schoolboy French to get us from CDG Airport to a place called Blois in the Loire valley. It's surprising how much comes back to you when you have no alternative; I also found that the French were very accomodating about language, as long as they saw that you were prepared to have a go and try to speak French.

oh you had to learn French then? Well we need to learn in schools dutch, french, english, german.

Most english people that turn up here lurn dutch rather well, but most never perfect. (since it is to difficult like english) I have some uk colleges working in the Netherlands.

Well they are not offended if you're french is not perfect, I did repair jobs in the French speaking part of Belgium to, and my French is not perfect to.

Other way round they don't speak dutch when coming here :Doh:

I was in Belgium recently, in a town called Tielt, about 60km South of Brussels. We were hosted by a Belgian sister company and they were quite surprised that there were three English people on the training course that spoke two or more additional languages apart from English.

Multi-lingual Brits seems to be becoming more of a rarity these days....:(

yes but British people seem to learn quite well another language, if needed to.

If they don't learn they could only do international roles here for some big international company's here.

Ah, so you only visited Tielt then, I've never went there to be honest I know it's west-flemish part, most activity is in Brussels, a little Antwerp, and there are other companies in other locations to, but mostly production unit's, or logistics ones.

Yes, Tielt is a bit of an odd place for non-natives; the town seemed to close at about 10.00pm and the place turned into a ghost town. Restaurants were only open at certain days of the week and they alternated the days for each one so on a particular day, your choice was limited.

The clock tower with the devil-with-antlers statue in front of it in the town centre was kind of gothic and creepy.

I did manage to sort-of figure out Belgian TV. I know what "Les Walons" are from visiting Belgium as an 8-year old on a school trip and I could pick bits out of the Flemish spoken on the TV, as it seemed to be not too far away from German with some of the words used. If that didn't work, the French channel made more sense.

I flew out to Belgium the day before the train crash near Charleroi - that wasn't good and it appears that language may have been a root cause, with a French signaller and a Flemish signalman getting a message confused. At least that's what I took away from watching TV in the hotel.

I think the next generation of English graduates may be found wanting in language skills, including use of English; things are getting dumbed down in schools these days...:(

Back
Top Bottom