Not open for further replies.

bl0ke

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Lincolnshire
I recently acquired an A1200 from eBay. I have been using this over composite into a USB capture device (my monitors won't lock on to it) which worked well enough.

The machine first lost all colour over composite and more recently lost all sync - I can still catch a glimpse of the 'Insert Disk' screen throught the flickering mess but cannot get any kind of stable picture.

I bought a GBS8200 but cannot get a picture there either - the board menu appears on screen but says 'no signal' from the input side. I don't have a TV so cannot check RF.

I suspect it needs recapping but I'm looking for someone who can investigate the video problem further if that doesn't fix things. I am in NE Lincs and looking for someone in the UK. Any takers? What kind of price am I looking at for recapping alone?

most amiga people will be in work or in bed right now.
i dont get to sleep much so i am here, BUT i dont recap amigas, plenty of others do though.
you may want to wait for other info from the members about possible issues too.

Not sure this is in the right sub forum, but anyway.

You could always start with Amigakit (http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=932)

But also there will be people along shortly I am sure.

I had mine done as per my signature but am not sure if Adam still does this? being honest the postage back and forth was a big cost relative to the service as well.

I have an association of french amiga repair guys. We work on all amiga to repairing them, change the caps (your issue is surely a caps problem).
Feel free to send me a message if help needed.

I had mike (mjnurney) recap my old 1200 and he did a great job of it, he'd also converted a atx psu for me.. which Ive forgot about, he must of had it a year.. oops.
Drop him a pm.

Hello,

this reply is sent to late and come from a far land, but i have new parts to replace old capacitors and the video IC.

Regards
Stefano

After 2 hours long battle the main board has composite video out up and running,

re-capped - nothing,
replaced CXA1145M - nothing,
knowing its reputation just in case I have replaced CXA1145M again - nothing

at this time I had to turn ON my scope and with its help I have found leaking SMD cap, replaced and (y)

booyakasha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom