PDA

View Full Version : Found Atari 65XE Cassette games or Roms

Chinners
2nd October 2013, 13:22
Looking for any cassette software or perhaps rom cartridges for this machine. I recently got one but have no software to test it with :picard

Not exactly sure what other machines in the Atari 8 bit range are compatible? Any advice on that too would be great.:D

deicidal
2nd October 2013, 13:28
I quite often use one of those phono/car cassette adaptors and load the audio from my laptop. There is a program (that the name fails me at the moment) for converting cas images to wav

Bryce
2nd October 2013, 13:29
Any software for the 800XL / XE range will work on the 65XE. I have boxes of tape software for this machine. I'll send you a list later and you can choose a few titles for testing.

@Deicidal: How do you connect an audio cable to an Atari 8-bit machine?
Edit: Forget that, didn't read your post properly, you're using one of those "cassette with lead" thingies.

Bryce.

deicidal
2nd October 2013, 13:34
Any software for the 800XL / XE range will work on the 65XE. I have boxes of tape software for this machine. I'll send you a list later and you can choose a few titles for testing.

@Deicidal: How do you connect an audio cable to an Atari 8-bit machine?
Edit: Forget that, didn't read your post properly, you're using one of those "cassette with lead" thingies.

Bryce.

99p car cassette adaptor off ebay

Apologies for the state of the carpet my Akita was shedding her coat at the time

Chinners
2nd October 2013, 13:40
I quite often use one of those phono/car cassette adaptors and load the audio from my laptop. There is a program (that the name fails me at the moment) for converting cas images to wav
I do use tapdancer on my Android phone for playing back cassette images, but I'd like to get some real cassettes to test with, make sure the tape drive is running at the right speed and all that dullness :) Plus I do like having the real deal sometimes!

Oh, that's useful to know. I'm just starting my 8Bit atari journey having jumped in completely blind :) Thanks for the offer of tapes - I'll await your list:thumbsup:

---------- Post added at 13:40 ---------- Previous post was at 13:37 ----------

Apologies for the state of the carpet my Akita was shedding her coat at the time

Aaargh! I used to have an Akita - you could brush a bin-liner full of fluff from her every day during malting time, and your carpet would still end up teh fluffz :)

deicidal
2nd October 2013, 13:44
No worries we would have the real hardware if it also wasn't nice to have the real software, just a quick fix while waiting to track those hard to find games down :D

If memory serves me right any 400/800/600xl/800xl games should work, just trying to think if i can remember of any title that was 130xe only.

protek
2nd October 2013, 14:01
You might want to consider SIO2USB or SIO2SD. That way you have easy access to the wast XL/XE game library. With a few select keywords in Google you'll find pretty much all the titles nicely packed in a few .zip archives.

Chinners
2nd October 2013, 14:12
You might want to consider SIO2USB or SIO2SD. That way you have easy access to the wast XL/XE game library. With a few select keywords in Google you'll find pretty much all the titles nicely packed in a few .zip archives.

Oh, I do have access to a vast library... Many, many vast libraries.
However, I do find that even if I do have a large collection of images for a particular machine, I'd still play only one or two games. :roll:

Chinners
8th October 2013, 22:20
Bunch of tapes arrived from Bryce this morning :thumbsup:

All tried & tested & work great.

Bryce
9th October 2013, 08:33
Great. Feedback left.

Bryce.