VIP
Rating - 100%
104   0   0
Country
england
Region
birmingham
as in title.

i would like a dead non working DDI-1 interface.for a project.

doesnt have to have the outer case,cables or even the ic's on board.
i dont want the floppy drive either.

just the pcb will be fine.as long as its not smashed into a gazillion pieces:LOL:

reasonable offers please,as im looking for something non working even if they are hard to find.

thanks,roy.

humpty bumpty bump.:)

i will be making one of these from scratch anyway.so its not all that important,i'll keep this open for a bit longer to see if a dead one turns up, somehow ,somewhere.:LOL:

you know,if one does turn up.i might frame it in glass:LOL:

if anyone is wondering,this is what it looks like.
picture.php

roy.

Aye straight in there with your 2wks bump :LOL: you've suppose to wait till 15.15 :LOL:

In all the years of repairing Amstard gear, I don't think I've ever come across any really dead DDI-1s. On occasions I've had to replace the inverter/buffer ICs, because someone had connected a 3.5in drive the wrong way around, but otherwise they don't tend to break.

Bryce.

In all the years of repairing Amstard gear, I don't think I've ever come across any really dead DDI-1s. On occasions I've had to replace the inverter/buffer ICs, because someone had connected a 3.5in drive the wrong way around, but otherwise they don't tend to break.

Bryce.

true,i think i mentioned this fact to bas.as i had seen how this can happen in the schematics.
it doesn't matter anyway,i'll make one.but i'll keep this open just in case:)

oh,the broken one went for silly money on the other bay in the end.i wont pay that for a broken device no matter how rare it seems.
its actually cheaper to make one.

Last edited:
If you're interested, I'm currently working on a replacement which I call the DDI-2. It's not based on the µPD765 and it will add a few features that the DDI-1 didn't have. When I get to the stage of producing PCBs I'll let you know.

Bryce.

If you're interested, I'm currently working on a replacement which I call the DDI-2. It's not based on the µPD765 and it will add a few features that the DDI-1 didn't have. When I get to the stage of producing PCBs I'll let you know.

Bryce.

i am interested in electronics anyway,so yes.:)
im only waiting for one part so i can start the one im making.im in no rush to make one so it doesn't matter.probably make it over christmas.

Same question here as Zetr0. I also have all parts used on the DDI-1 if you are missing anything (except the PCB that is :) ).

Bryce.

dont worry lads,im only waiting for the SN(or HD)74LS32N's to arrive,its no biggy.
they just seem to taking a really long time from china i ordered a few to cut costs down.you know how it is:)
and also being the type that wont start a project until the whole bom arrives,its just the way i am :)
if they dont turn up,i'll get them from the uk or something its only lesser logic.:)

yes,i really do want to make one of these.
dont worry about the pcb,i dont really need it.
as i said before,if one does happen along i'll probably frame it.

bas did a great job testing the controller ic's for me(that helps alot,as i didnt want to be fault finding on critical parts not known to be working) and of course he offered to convert a pc drive.that was awesome.:)

dont worry,i really dont mind waiting at all.as you both know these have a load more parts in them than anything modern,its also a lot of fun making it.
i also want to build this as much on my own as phisicly possible.
and,as i have to this date never,ever,seen anyone make one from scratch lol or even attempt it(ive seen references to one on the net but the link is dead.gave up maybe?),i will more than likely be putting this in photobooth,no matter how crude it is.project box and all :)
oh,and it will have its own power supply.i dont like the idea of power this from the amstrad.

im also messing around with an idea to make a bodge stress relief for the edge connector..oh well:)
lucky ive got a few.

Last edited:
could a mod please close this,i dont think i will see one in the flesh.

the rest of the parts have arrived so i'll just make one.
thanks.:)

I have high res. scans of stripped PCB. I'm building clones of the original DDI-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom