syd

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Newcastle upon Tyne
I have for sale 2 acorn electrons, a plus1 extension and one power supply.
The electrons and plus 1 are in good working order.
One electron has had the cpu removed and replace with a socketed 65c02, it also has the switch for a slogger turbo board on the left side of the lower case. The slogger board was binned a few months back after I comprehensively buggered it!
I soldered a wire to remake the link which was broken to fit the turbo board.

The other electron is unmodified.

The plus one has a small crack in the base next to one of the screws.

RF output from both elk's works ok on my old lcd tv, the modified one has slightly brighter output. Both have excellent output via rgb->scart cable. I might be willing to do the composite colour out mod if it's not too much work. I'd not be able to test this as I don't have a composite cable.

The psu seems to have been repaired in the past as the cable comes straight out of it - there is no rubber protector thing there. I have never looked inside it.

I'm after £15 each + postage for the elk's and plus 1 and £5 for the psu. I'll take £45 + postage for the whole lot in one go.

I have some pics but my 2 year old has just woken up. I'll add them later on today.

Hi Syd,

Postage sounds reasonable (y)

Would you be able to upload the photos when you have time?

Thanks in advance,

Beaker

Hi Syd,

Sorry for the delay in replying - had the builders in yesterday and took hours cleaning up after them.

Looks great. PM on its way (y)

Payment received and items posted.
Thank you!
Feedback left.

Hi Syd,

Sorry for the delay in replying - had the builders in yesterday and took hours cleaning up after them.

Looks great. PM on its way (y)

Just got the delivery 20 minutes ago and I've some bad news. It looks like the unmodified Acorn didn't make it :(:(:(

I can't see any damage to the boxes and everything was well packed so I'm not sure if we can make a claim against UPS? I'll keep the boxes and packaging if so.

The other Acorn and Plus 1 seems to have made it intact (y) Just going to try it out quickly.

Attachments

• P1030192s.jpg
    P1030192s.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 2
  • P1030193s.jpg
    P1030193s.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 1
@ Sir_Beaker

I might be of some assistance to you here; I have an Electron with a stuffed ULA that is in good condition and you could build one good machine from yours and mine. Mine just needs a new ULA to be a runner but it has no PSU.

Any interest?

The modified one seems to work OK and the Plus 1 didn't blow up so I assume that's also still fully functional :LOL: (y)

Attachments

• P1030194s.jpg
    P1030194s.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 1
  • P1030196s.jpg
    P1030196s.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 0
@ Sir_Beaker

I might be of some assistance to you here; I have an Electron with a stuffed ULA that is in good condition and you could build one good machine from yours and mine. Mine just needs a new ULA to be a runner but it has no PSU.

Any interest?

Thanks for the kind offer Merlin :) I could be definitely be interested but Bryce was talking about one of the machines last week. He's fixing a CPC 464 for me with a badly damaged power socket, as well as having fixed many other machines for me in the past, and it came up in the conversation (y). I'll check with him which he was referring to and get back to you ASAP.

No problem, it's not going anywhere in the immediate future.

You should still be able to claim on the item just take photos and send them to whoever brought the package to you. Only thing is the sender would have to claim not the receiver.

Cool, I've PM'd Syd. Hopefully it's a simple and quick process to put in a claim. This is the first thing I've had turn up damaged. Everything was well packed; the machines were individually wrapped in bubble wrap and packed tightly in a corrugated cardboard box. I just hope it doesn't put him off sending stuff abroad in future (y)

Hi there. I've sent loads of stuff in the UK and internationally and this is the first time anything has not made it intact.:(
It's a bit early right now and I need to sort the kids out for school, but I'll definitely be claiming if possible.
Simon

Hi Syd,

I've plugged it in as you suggested and seems to work (y)

Attachments

• P1030197s.jpg
    P1030197s.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 1
Hi Syd,

I was just thinking about the Parcel2Go T&C's you mentioned earlier.

• Do I sign for goods if they are damaged?
  • If the parcel is damaged, please sign to accept it but note that it is damaged. If the parcel is accepted in “good condition”, it is not possible to process a claim.
The actual exterior of the parcel itself looked OK when I received it, just the normal wear and tear I'd expect from it being in transit. It was just the contents that were damaged. I don't know how that works with their T&C's - are we supposed to unpack the package in front of the delivery driver?

Does anyone have any experience with this? If anything it will be good to know for the future?

Added picture of the interior of the boxes.

Attachments

• P1030200s.jpg
    P1030200s.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 1
  • P1030199s.jpg
    P1030199s.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 1
  • P1030198s.jpg
    P1030198s.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 0
  • P1030201s.jpg
    P1030201s.jpg