In Finem Vobis Videtur De Christiana
VIP
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Country
Hellas
Region
Cydonia
In order to make Emplant card to work under A4000 I'll definetely need 2 pairs of those ROMs. Below is taken from the manual.

Apple 256K MAC II/IIx/IIcx/SE-30 ROMs with high density drive (known as a 'SuperDrive' in the Macintosh world). These come as four twenty-eight pin chips, or as a ROM-SIMM board.

There are two known versions of the DIP packaged ROMs.

The older style can just be plugged into the Emplant hardware and dumped normally.

The newer style (512K ROMs with only 256K of code burned into them) require an adapter socket and special hardware to dump them. These ROMs are easily identified by having 'T1000' as part of the part number.

Heck Phantom. I wish I'd paid more attention at a friends house many years ago. I'm not sure if he was soft kicking the MAC-ROM into Ram before using his Emplant. I expect you'd need a CPU with working MMU? :shrug:
Any mention about this in the Emplant manual or are you ignoring it & just want to go hardcore from the off??

Kin

Hey Charlie, thanks for the reply.

According to manuals, it says that I'll need a 68020/030/040 CPU with a MMU. At the end it says that if you don't have MMU you will not be able to use this emulation module!

But I have PPC/060 card, which has definetely MMU, so I bet that I'm ok with that.

Ah, I was right about the MMU bit then. I acquired an A4KD many years ago with CSMKII fitted & CV64. On the hard drive were some MAC-esque files such as Shapeshifter (Linky-Poo) & I definitely know there was a MAC ROM image on the drive as well. Hence me asking if there was mention of kicking the MAC-ROM into RAM.

Just a thought in an effort to help. ;)

On another side note, are you aware you need to own a MAC in order to have a copy of it's ROM? :dry:

Kin

Manual says that I can use ROM images too. Just put them in EMPLANT:ROM_Images drawer.

Gah! I know I backed up the MAC Image onto one of my 18GB SCSI III drives & have no way of getting to it atm. Not much use but thought I'd say all the same. :(

Kin

No m8. Unlucky me for not getting them off onto my Pee Cee. You'd have had an Email already. ;)

Kin

I do not know about mac world, except running there os on wintel pc's:D

I've got this machine in my garage:

http://pc-museum.com/gallery/MacSE.jpg

If there is a rom you need let me know, and let me know if you still need that pci bracket, since I could use it myself, but it is not needed as needed...

The only thing I like to keep from that machine is it's plastics, planning to do some fun photography..

Hi my friend. Yes, please if you can grab a photo of the ROMs, it would be grateful. And yes, I'll need that bracket too.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom